Leon Balogun interview

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Mr Shows
Egg
Egg
Leon Balogun interview

Post by Mr Shows »

https://soundcloud.com/football-liberat ... on-balogun

Interesting interview with one half of the 'Oyinbo wall'..enjoy
Bell
Egg
Egg
Re: Leon Balogun interview

Post by Bell »

GOOD INTERVIEW

Good to know these guys beyond just seeing them on the field. Interesting how good these non-English people, including West Africans, are with English. It's the English and those whose primary language is English that seem to have problems with other languages (I wish they didn't use that distracting background music).
Bell
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Leon is the real deal :thumb:, I just pray he stays fit for the WC. He was the only player spotted sobbing like a baby after the final whistle. He, VM and Mikel are the first names on the team sheet...Big ups to him. :thumbs:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Mr Shows wrote:Leon is the real deal :thumb:, I just pray he stays fit for the WC. He was the only player spotted sobbing like a baby after the final whistle. He, VM and Mikel are the first names on the team sheet...Big ups to him. :thumbs:
Dude is really focused and the WC is a dream come true, he knows he might not have many chances to get there after this one being that he's 28 already, so its super special for him. Funny he remembers the exact date of his debut cap because he broke his foot, imagine that being your introduction to the NT to now making the WC, what a turn around! :thumbs:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Bell wrote:GOOD INTERVIEW

Good to know these guys beyond just seeing them on the field. Interesting how good these non-English people, including West Africans, are with English. It's the English and those whose primary language is English that seem to have problems with other languages (I wish they didn't use that distracting background music).
Bell
That's because for much of recent history, English has been as close to a universal language as we could get. So it sort of makes sense that native English speakers felt less pressure to learn German, than native German speakers to learn English
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
tmex12
Egg
Egg

Post by tmex12 »

This lady is a very good interviewer. Great questions and good pacing. Didn’t focus too much on soccer - you get a good feel for his personality and interest.