Chelsea blame Nigeria for Moses injury

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Chelsea have blamed the senior national team of Nigeria for the hamstring injury picked up by Victor Moses in their 1-2 loss to Crystal Palace last weekend. Moses injured Moses left the pitch five minutes before the half time break and the club confirmed report that he will be out for four to six weeks with the hamstring injury.

The Nigeria international played the entire duration of Nigeria’s 1-0 win over Zambia during the last international round of games, with the win securing Nigeria a spot at next year’s World Cup in Russia.

A source close to the player said that Chelsea are angry with Nigeria for playing Moses for the entire duration of the game against Zambia, despite the forward complaining of a tight hamstring during the course of the game.

“Moses was supposed to be pulled out of the game against Zambia but the injury which lead to two substitutions forced the coaches to leave him on for the entire duration of the game, which he played through the pain barrier”, he said.

“He (Moses) complained of a tight hamstring during the half time break, but he had to manage it for the entire duration of the game. The rest he had after the game didn’t bring the desire result, hence the re-occurrence of the injury on Saturday.

“Chelsea are understandably angry because they know how to manage him and if you can recall he was rested in the game against Manchester City with coach Antonio Conte saying he has played too many games.

“ When people say Moses is not committed to the course of the national team, they don’t know about his injury situation, last season he was always the man to be substituted, because they realise he needs to have enough rest for the next game”, the family source confirmed.
Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/che ... es-injury/
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chelsea blame Nigeria for Moses injury

Post by Tbite »

but why did they play him with this knowledge?

The ting get K Leg oh. :sneaky:
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Tbite wrote:but why did they play him with this knowledge?

The ting get K Leg oh. :sneaky:
I was about to ask the same question...stupid people. Sometimes these oyinbo folks talks without their brains on or as if they have the right to spew rubbish. He came back with a tight muscle and you went ahead to play him....how is that our fault....is this not the case of Chelsea needing to look themselves in the mirror? Thunder fire their league and CL ambitions so that Moses can have more time to rest for the WC next year!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...who gives a 4uckk :curse:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

“ When people say Moses is not committed to the course of the national team, they don’t know about his injury situation, last season he was always the man to be substituted, because they realise he needs to have enough rest for the next game”, the family source confirmed.
This sounds like a planted piece..
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

All these Nigerian news outlets and story fabrication eh!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Tbite wrote:Chelsea blame Nigeria for Moses injury
Chelsea have blamed the senior national team of Nigeria for the hamstring injury picked up by Victor Moses in their 1-2 loss to Crystal Palace last weekend. Moses injured Moses left the pitch five minutes before the half time break and the club confirmed report that he will be out for four to six weeks with the hamstring injury.

The Nigeria international played the entire duration of Nigeria’s 1-0 win over Zambia during the last international round of games, with the win securing Nigeria a spot at next year’s World Cup in Russia.

A source close to the player said that Chelsea are angry with Nigeria for playing Moses for the entire duration of the game against Zambia, despite the forward complaining of a tight hamstring during the course of the game.

“Moses was supposed to be pulled out of the game against Zambia but the injury which lead to two substitutions forced the coaches to leave him on for the entire duration of the game, which he played through the pain barrier”, he said.

“He (Moses) complained of a tight hamstring during the half time break, but he had to manage it for the entire duration of the game. The rest he had after the game didn’t bring the desire result, hence the re-occurrence of the injury on Saturday.

“Chelsea are understandably angry because they know how to manage him and if you can recall he was rested in the game against Manchester City with coach Antonio Conte saying he has played too many games.

Pure JJ.

So Moses had a tight hamstring during the Naija game?
Finished the game got on the plane and Chelsea dressed him and started the game against a then winless and haven’t scored a goal team. Despite Chelsea having better doctors?

If Chelsea is looking for someone to blame they should blame their medical department.

It is not like ViMo came back from the international break hurt. He hurt hurt while playing for Chelsea.

I haven’t heard Chelsea say any $#% about Kante who actually got hurt on international duty.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

bottom line Conte's wing back system cannot work well without Moses..every game he missed so far Chelsea chopped Bottles

Burnley, City, ( got subbed off vs Cpalace ) and Chelsea were lucky vs Roma... Zappafaketa was burnt for pace by a slow Kolarov
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Chelsea definitely miss Moses when he's not there, but the player they miss the most is Kante.
Bigpokey24 wrote:bottom line Conte's wing back system cannot work well without Moses..every game he missed so far Chelsea chopped Bottles

Burnley, City, ( got subbed off vs Cpalace ) and Chelsea were lucky vs Roma... Zappafaketa was burnt for pace by a slow Kolarov
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

FAKE NEWS! :boo:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Gotti wrote:FAKE NEWS! :boo:
JJ at its worst.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Cellular wrote:
Tbite wrote:Chelsea blame Nigeria for Moses injury

Pure JJ.

So Moses had a tight hamstring during the Naija game?
Finished the game got on the plane and Chelsea dressed him and started the game against a then winless and haven’t scored a goal team. Despite Chelsea having better doctors?

If Chelsea is looking for someone to blame they should blame their medical department.

It is not like ViMo came back from the international break hurt. He hurt hurt while playing for Chelsea.

I haven’t heard Chelsea say any $#% about Kante who actually got hurt on international duty.

THANK YOU, SIR, WE MUST ALL BE OF THE SAME MIND BECAUSE...

...I'm asking the same question everyone else is.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

ASSUMING THIS REPORT IS TRUE...

...would said "source close to the family" who seems to be taking the Chelsea side have preferred Moses leave the Zambia game, and jeopardize Nigeria's chances, or stay in the game and risk a hamstring.

That's an easy decision for me: Moses stays in the Zambia game. Hamstrings are only a temporary nuisance lasting, for me and without sophisticated care, two weeks. You don't get too many chances to go to the WC. I'd risk a hamstring to earn a ticket for the WC anytime.

Looks like Chelsea is lashing out to cover its inexplicable showing this season even with all its resources. Just consider Burnley and Crystal Pal.
Bell
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

We can rest again Algeria. We don't need him then! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!