Will Enyeama be ready vs Algeria?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Will Enyeama be ready vs Algeria?

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Actually, Enyeama is the one who has repeatedly refused to come back. He has not asked anyone to lobby on his behalf.

Vince has repeatedly told me that he now wants to focus on his club career in the twilight of his days. I suspect he then wants to start taking coaching courses, so to him, international football is a big distraction.

We have a new goalkeeper in Francis Uzoho so for me the argument has ended. Uzoho can man goal for the next 15 years.
That is a flat-out lie.

They had already settled his issue with the Coach and the FA but he got injured.

He did NOT refuse or as you put it, "REPEATEDLY refused to come back."

Vince was forced out by no other than Sunday Oliseh.

Stop misrepresenting facts. Unfortunately for you, you are not the only one that talk to Vince. You can claim talking to and knowing Rohr, but not the players...
Vince has just been polite and diplomatic. He does not fancy returning to the Eagles. Before he got injured he had every opportunity to return once Rohr assumed duty but Vince has not taken the opportunity.

Even when the Eagles camped in France and England he did not show any interest. If Vince really wanted to play for Nigeria he would have called Rohr ages ago.

When you have been around the camp as people like Larry, Waffiman, Sir V, Prince, Heavy D, Gotti and myself have, you will know that the players ring the coach non-stop. Berti Voghts dropped Vince but he returned immediately he left, which should tell you that this time around it is not just about the coach.
He was in Vogts squad he wasn't dropped, so he didn't have to do any comeback the next coach just picked him ahead of Ejide as the number one.

That is exactly what Oliseh did. Oliseh made Vince number two behind Ikeme and he decided to walk out rather than accept it.

After walking out of the camp, Vince announced his international retirement. He has refused to come back since
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Actually, Enyeama is the one who has repeatedly refused to come back. He has not asked anyone to lobby on his behalf.

Vince has repeatedly told me that he now wants to focus on his club career in the twilight of his days. I suspect he then wants to start taking coaching courses, so to him, international football is a big distraction.

We have a new goalkeeper in Francis Uzoho so for me the argument has ended. Uzoho can man goal for the next 15 years.
That is a flat-out lie.

They had already settled his issue with the Coach and the FA but he got injured.

Stop misrepresenting facts. Unfortunately for you, you are not the only one that talk to Vince. You can claim talking to and knowing Rohr, but not the players...
Vince has just been polite and diplomatic. He does not fancy returning to the Eagles. Before he got injured he had every opportunity to return once Rohr assumed duty but Vince has not taken the opportunity.

Even when the Eagles camped in France and England he did not show any interest. If Vince really wanted to play for Nigeria he would have called Rohr ages ago.

When you have been around the camp as people like Larry, Waffiman, Sir V, Prince, Heavy D, Gotti and myself have, you will know that the players ring the coach non-stop. Berti Voghts dropped Vince but he returned immediately he left, which should tell you that this time around it is not just about the coach.
Vince was angry how he was misrepresented and treated. He was also angry that Pinnick did not stand up for him. But at the insistence of Rohr, Pinnick apologized for the Oliseh debacle and Vince was to be considered but he wanted Rohr to ask the players if they were okay with him coming back. At the same time he got injured and made the point moot. He continued to support the players, calling them and encouraging them but in private and in public.

The only people who have issues with Vincent are Oliseh diehards... not the players nor the head coach nor Pinnick.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cellular wrote:

That is a flat-out lie.

Vince was angry how he was misrepresented and treated. He was also angry that Pinnick did not stand up for him. But at the insistence of Rohr, Pinnick apologized for the Oliseh debacle and Vince was to be considered but he wanted Rohr to ask the players if they were okay with him coming back. At the same time he got injured and made the point moot. He continued to support the players, calling them and encouraging them but in private and in public.

The only people who have issues with Vincent are Oliseh diehards... not the players nor the head coach nor Pinnick.
KPOM! Cellular, Thanks for summarizing the whole scenario. While several are blowing unnecessary hot air on the forum, Enyeama has given his commitment to Rohr and his team-mates on the Super Eagles. Now that he is back in the Lille first team fold, its just a matter of getting games under his belt, and we'll see him progress from being a steadfast supporter of the team to being an active player on the roster.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Vince does not want to return
I doubt the NFF wants him back
I read where goalkeeping coach Alloy Agwu said he does want him back
I am not sure the players want him to return

It is only CE forumers who are obsessed with Vince returning to the Eagles
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Vince does not want to return

Ayo,

On this one, I sense you will eventually swallow those words.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Enugu II wrote:

Ayo,

I gave repeatedly ask Vince to return but he has shown no interest whatsoever. It is only on CE that I see this enthusiasm for Vince to return to the Eagles.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Ayo,

I gave repeatedly ask Vince to return but he has shown no interest whatsoever. It is only on CE that I see this enthusiasm for Vince to return to the Eagles.
You personally asked him to return? On who's authority? GTFOH.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Ayo,

That is just not true. It is up to the coach to determine if Vince has any value to add to the team. Even Rohr has said that both Vince and Carl are in his plans.
He has quietly reached out to Vince.
Vince would have returned earlier had he been healthy.
Since you claim not to only know what Rohr is thinking you also claim you know him. You can ask him.
Like you I want the best players and team we can field at the World Cup. The coach will determine that issue. We cannot dictate to him who thinks adds value to the team. Let the boys compete. But stop trying to whip up public sentiment against Vincent. We have seen Mikel whom you considered past his sellby date still be one of our best players. And before his injury, Vincent was one of the best players in all of Africa.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Bigpokey24 wrote:The most experienced goalie in Africa...been the SE'S goalie in the last 3 worldcups we've been in. .show some respect you remnants
.. El Hadary disagrees...and says in Arabic next time factcheck your bullisht... :boo:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Ayo,

That is just not true. It is up to the coach to determine if Vince has any value to add to the team. Even Rohr has said that both Vince and Carl are in his plans.
He has quietly reached out to Vince.
Vince would have returned earlier had he been healthy.
Since you claim not to only know what Rohr is thinking you also claim you know him. You can ask him.
Like you I want the best players and team we can field at the World Cup. The coach will determine that issue. We cannot dictate to him who thinks adds value to the team. Let the boys compete. But stop trying to whip up public sentiment against Vincent. We have seen Mikel whom you considered past his sellby date still be one of our best players. And before his injury, Vincent was one of the best players in all of Africa.
See me see wahala ooooo. If the man refuses to play how is it my fault? Stop this talk about anyone whipping up sentiments against Vince. He is a well loved servant of Nigeria.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Super Eagles goalkeeper trainer Alloy Agu has insisted Vincent Enyeama will have to fight his way back to the country’s team should he agree to make an international comeback.

Enyeama was Nigeria’s No 1 and also captain before he had a major falling out with then Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh which caused him to quit international football in October 2015.

In the absence of the Lille goalkeeper, the Eagles have featured Carl Ikeme, Daniel Akpeyi and Ikechukwu Ezenwa.

“We’re comfortable with our goalkeepers,” maintained Agu, who was for many years the Eagles No 1 shot stopper.

“So, should Enyeama return, he will have to fight for his place in the team.

“There will be no automatic shirts for any player.”

Enyeama has resumed training in France after he underwent knee surgery and was sidelined for several months.

Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has already made it clear that he will not accept any terms from Enyeama should he agree to rejoin the team.
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/10/20/e ... alloy-agu/
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The Enyeama situation is the reason why I prefer Foreign coaches for the SE. There are all types of conspiracies not to allow Enyeama back into the SE but the coach is having none of it, he wants his best players for the WC and even at that, he has not given Vincent any guarantees. He just wants him in camp to assess him as soon as he is fit and playing again. A similar scenario played out in 1994, when there were conspiracies to keep Peter Rufai out of the CAN and WC bound SE. Westerhoff invited him to camp for assessment and the goalkeeper coach told Westerhoff that Rufai was the best goalkeeper and that was how he regained the SE goalkeeping spot. Foreign coaches are not sentimental like our local coaches when it comes to selections, they do the simple thing, go for the best.
Alloy Agu is speaking out of order as he is just the goalkeeping coach, he has a boss who has the authority to invite anyone he deems fit. Agu is just trying to protect his boy, Akpeyi, and this is the sentiments that clouds our local coaches judgement. Rohr had to bring in another goalkeeping coach because he could not trust Agu's judgement on Akpeyi and the new coach prefers Ezenwa. The potential recall of Enyeama and the emergence of Francis Uzoho and Ezenwa's form is putting Akpeyi's place in the SE squad at risk, so Agu is trying to protect his man.
I am happy
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Dammy wrote:The Enyeama situation is the reason why I prefer Foreign coaches for the SE. There are all types of conspiracies not to allow Enyeama back into the SE but the coach is having none of it, he wants his best players for the WC and even at that, he has not given Vincent any guarantees. He just wants him in camp to assess him as soon as he is fit and playing again. A similar scenario played out in 1994, when there were conspiracies to keep Peter Rufai out of the CAN and WC bound SE. Westerhoff invited him to camp for assessment and the goalkeeper coach told Westerhoff that Rufai was the best goalkeeper and that was how he regained the SE goalkeeping spot. Foreign coaches are not sentimental like our local coaches when it comes to selections, they do the simple thing, go for the best.
Alloy Agu is speaking out of order as he is just the goalkeeping coach, he has a boss who has the authority to invite anyone he deems fit. Agu is just trying to protect his boy, Akpeyi, and this is the sentiments that clouds our local coaches judgement. Rohr had to bring in another goalkeeping coach because he could not trust Agu's judgement on Akpeyi and the new coach prefers Ezenwa. The potential recall of Enyeama and the emergence of Francis Uzoho and Ezenwa's form is putting Akpeyi's place in the SE squad at risk, so Agu is trying to protect his man.
:agree:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Akpeyi, should be dropped completely from the squad
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Rohr made it very clear in his recent interview that he is only going to take the best players to the World Cup. This isn’t going to be based on reputation and past achievements but current form.

He has made it clear that no player can lay conditions to him for playing for the SE. (With specific reference to magnet).

That team spirit and harmony is something he will jealously guard (with specific reference to Magnet).

That players need to be playing at a high level before they are considered for the SE because form is critical to him.

Finally if Vinny ticks all the above boxes the door is wide open to him.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Akpeyi, should be dropped completely from the squad

And your Chinese visa should be revoked! shameless thing! Always running to china, without underwear... and we know why
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Akpeyi, should be dropped completely from the squad
And your Chinese visa should be revoked! shameless thing! Always running to china, without underwear... and we know why
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Kai!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Dammy wrote:The Enyeama situation is the reason why I prefer Foreign coaches for the SE. There are all types of conspiracies not to allow Enyeama back into the SE but the coach is having none of it, he wants his best players for the WC and even at that, he has not given Vincent any guarantees. He just wants him in camp to assess him as soon as he is fit and playing again. A similar scenario played out in 1994, when there were conspiracies to keep Peter Rufai out of the CAN and WC bound SE. Westerhoff invited him to camp for assessment and the goalkeeper coach told Westerhoff that Rufai was the best goalkeeper and that was how he regained the SE goalkeeping spot. Foreign coaches are not sentimental like our local coaches when it comes to selections, they do the simple thing, go for the best.

...... he had issues with officials of the team and he resigned. lets not confuse issues with that. He wanted out, no one forced him out, let him remain out!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

osita wrote:

...... he had issues with officials of the team and he resigned. lets not confuse issues with that. He wanted out, no one forced him out, let him remain out!
Ok, just like he wanted out, he can also want in, so what is your own?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Case gold..Nigeria ' s number one is back. .worldcup no be small pikin play...let's go SE
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

maceo4 wrote:
osita wrote:
Ok, just like he wanted out, he can also want in, so what is your own?
Enyeama has RETIRED from the national team. He should remain retired. He shouldn't be lurking on the background waiting till after we have qualified for Russia before having his AGENTS and TRIBAL MEN campaign for him to come back to the team.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I support a Enyeama return, should be abide by Rohr's rules and standards.

He is the best to ever do it in a GWG. He is a great person and a great footballer.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT