Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:09 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 13636
Location: Here
No wonder Mikel wanted it done and dusted before going to Algiers. :)

Source

Madjer named fifth Algeria Coach in 3 Years

BY ISMAEL KIYONGA

Algeria Football Federation has named a fifth coach in three years in legend Rabah Madjer. :shock: :shock:

The legend of African football replaces sacked Lucas Alcaraz after he failed to guide the Desert Foxes to the 2018 FIFA World Cup finals in Russia.

Algeria put up a dismal show in a group that has Nigeria, Cameroon and Zambia forcing the Algerian FA to find a new tactician.

Arguably one of the best players Africa has produced, the 58-year-old Madjer captained Algeria to their sole Africa Cup of Nations win in 1990 which they hosted. :thumbs: :thumbs:



Madjer who returns for another stint as Algerian coach first took charge of his country in 1993 but quit after failing to lead the team to the following year’s World Cup and Nations Cup.

He took charge again from 2001 to 2002 but left the post once more after overseeing Algeria’s first-round exit at that year’s Nations Cup.

_________________
"The young Walt Disney was sacked because he lacked imagination. They advised Marilyn Monroe to become a secretary and Elvis to go back to driving a lorry."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 36250
Location: Somewhere
no wonder some CE member mistook you for a goat.

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 36250
Location: Somewhere
no wonder some CE member mistook you for a goat.

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:42 pm
Posts: 6326
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
no wonder some CE member mistook you for a goat.


The guy was a pain in the #$% for Nigeria when he played.


Last edited by osita on Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:10 am
Posts: 2818
Location: Toronto
Did you know team is potentially stronger than the one that played the qualifiers so far

---------------------Ajiboye-------------------------

Ebuehi------------Ekong-----------Balogun--------Aina

--------------Ogu-------------Ndidi-----------------

----------------------Iwobi--------------------------

Onyekuru------------------------------------Bazee--

--------------------Nwakaeme-----------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:25 pm
Posts: 12157
Location: ODODOBIOBIO CONSTITUENCY
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
no wonder some CE member mistook you for a goat.


because he is fond of eating matoke---unripe banana :lol: :lol:

_________________
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 56569
Nigeria is shaking all the way to Russia.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 20690
Location: Ukwuani
ohenhen1 wrote:
Nigeria is shaking all the way to Russia.

Don't mind Chief Kabelaga - please! I think he is losing his mind

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 1199
tell Ogbuefi Madger that he came a bit too late, but we will give him a good beating to welcome him on board in 2 weeks time, that will be our last "one for the road" to Russia :thumbs:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54281
Location: United Kingdom
Robotnik wrote:
Did you know team is potentially stronger than the one that played the qualifiers so far

---------------------Ajiboye-------------------------

Ebuehi------------Ekong-----------Balogun--------Aina

--------------Ogu-------------Ndidi-----------------

----------------------Iwobi--------------------------

Onyekuru------------------------------------Bazee--

--------------------Nwakaeme-----------------------


Uzoho for Ajiboye
Awazie for Ekong
Udoaikhi for Balogun
Nwakali for Ndidi

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 28474
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
no wonder some CE member mistook you for a goat.

Mistook ke? He actually is a .....

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 13636
Location: Here
osita wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
no wonder some CE member mistook you for a goat.


The guy was a paint in the #$% for Nigeria when he played.

He is one of the greatest African players ever!
He was a pain in the a$* for every opponent.

You know he is back just to instill that freedom fighting spirit back into the desert foxes.
Algeria's football team is not a like any other football national team.
The desert foxes are freedom fighters first and footballers next.

Right from the start, Algerians born in France chose to play for Algeria in support of the war against the French.
Ever since the team's MO has been to attack!
Unfortunately, a few recent coaches didn't get the memo and tried to reinforce the defense among other clueless things.
Players were not happy and made life hell for them.

Madjer is back to calm things down and right the ship.

In hindsight, no team has had as much good luck as the Naija Eagles. :D :thumbs:

_________________
"The young Walt Disney was sacked because he lacked imagination. They advised Marilyn Monroe to become a secretary and Elvis to go back to driving a lorry."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:25 pm
Posts: 12157
Location: ODODOBIOBIO CONSTITUENCY
Kabalega wrote:
osita wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
no wonder some CE member mistook you for a goat.


The guy was a paint in the #$% for Nigeria when he played.

He is one of the greatest African players ever!
He was a pain in the a$* for every opponent.

You know he is back just to instill that freedom fighting spirit back into the desert foxes.
Algeria's football team is not a like any other football national team.
The desert foxes are freedom fighters first and footballers next.

Right from the start, Algerians born in France chose to play for Algeria in support of the war against the French.
Ever since the team's MO has been to attack!
Unfortunately, a few recent coaches didn't get the memo and tried to reinforce the defense among other clueless things.
Players were not happy and made life hell for them.

Madjer is back to calm things down and right the ship.

In hindsight, no team has had as much good luck as the Naija Eagles. :D :thumbs:



:rotf: i am seeing OGOLO's handwriting all over this piece of shyte :lol:

_________________
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 28474
If Badger was that great Algeria would not have wasted time and money employing 5 other coaches before him.
Desperation

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54281
Location: United Kingdom
Kabalega wrote:
osita wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
no wonder some CE member mistook you for a goat.


The guy was a paint in the #$% for Nigeria when he played.

He is one of the greatest African players ever!
He was a pain in the a$* for every opponent.

You know he is back just to instill that freedom fighting spirit back into the desert foxes.
Algeria's football team is not a like any other football national team.
The desert foxes are freedom fighters first and footballers next.

Right from the start, Algerians born in France chose to play for Algeria in support of the war against the French.
Ever since the team's MO has been to attack!
Unfortunately, a few recent coaches didn't get the memo and tried to reinforce the defense among other clueless things.
Players were not happy and made life hell for them.

Madjer is back to calm things down and right the ship.

In hindsight, no team has had as much good luck as the Naija Eagles. :D :thumbs:


How is getting Madjer back to handle this game a stroke of luck for the Eagles? If anything, it is bad fortune as he will want to start off with a win and will have his boys all fired up!

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:35 pm
Posts: 448
:dream: :atc: The same Madjer that has failed in his last two attempts??..Hmm ok


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 13636
Location: Here
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
osita wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
no wonder some CE member mistook you for a goat.


The guy was a paint in the #$% for Nigeria when he played.

He is one of the greatest African players ever!
He was a pain in the a$* for every opponent.

You know he is back just to instill that freedom fighting spirit back into the desert foxes.
Algeria's football team is not a like any other football national team.
The desert foxes are freedom fighters first and footballers next.

Right from the start, Algerians born in France chose to play for Algeria in support of the war against the French.
Ever since the team's MO has been to attack!
Unfortunately, a few recent coaches didn't get the memo and tried to reinforce the defense among other clueless things.
Players were not happy and made life hell for them.

Madjer is back to calm things down and right the ship.

In hindsight, no team has had as much good luck as the Naija Eagles. :D :thumbs:


How is getting Madjer back to handle this game a stroke of luck for the Eagles? If anything, it is bad fortune as he will want to start off with a win and will have his boys all fired up!

Let's take stock of the so called group of death.

The Eagles first played away in Zambia when Zambia's Chipolopolo were in a funk.

They then played Algeria at a critical time, when Algeria's football was in disarray.

Next up, was a double header against a Cameroon team exhausted from playing two major tournaments in 6 months. :shock:

The first real test for Naija, was a home game against a retooled Zambia which they won by a solitary goal.
By the time, they face a rejuvenated Algerian team, well it will be all over. :thumbs:
Even losing 7-0 to Algeria will not have much effect, because the games in Russia, will erase any dip in ranking.

Timing is everything. :thumbs:

_________________
"The young Walt Disney was sacked because he lacked imagination. They advised Marilyn Monroe to become a secretary and Elvis to go back to driving a lorry."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 4:29 pm
Posts: 1556
Madjer was in charge of Algeria in the latter stages of the WCQ1994...

Algeria was in the same group with Nigeria & CIV...

Nigeria finished top of the group and qualified for WC94...
Algeria finished last...

Next story...

_________________
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:41 pm
Posts: 9324
Dude, you are a really strange fellow. For you, the "real" test for Nigeria is always the next game but then when we win it you find a reason to discredit it.

You ranted and raved about Zambia but we defeated them home and away. We collected 6 points from Zambia. They were no threat to Nigeria at any point in the qualifiers, not even after their supposed "rejuvenation". Their strikers were completely nullified in Uyo when they met a half-decent Nigerian defence.

You're just a troll sitting here patiently waiting for us to fail and guess what? You can't lose because no team in the world is perfect. At some point, we're gonna trip up and you'll have your pleasure. :)

Sit tight because we have a lot of pain lined up for you first and you might not be able to withstand the pain. Look at what's happened to tfco. :rotf:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:27 pm
Posts: 6374
Orion wrote:
Dude, you are a really strange fellow. For you, the "real" test for Nigeria is always the next game but then when we win it you find a reason to discredit it.

You ranted and raved about Zambia but we defeated them home and away. We collected 6 points from Zambia. They were no threat to Nigeria at any point in the qualifiers, not even after their supposed "rejuvenation". Their strikers were completely nullified in Uyo when they met a half-decent Nigerian defence.

You're just a troll sitting here patiently waiting for us to fail and guess what? You can't lose because no team in the world is perfect. At some point, we're gonna trip up and you'll have your pleasure. :)

Sit tight because we have a lot of pain lined up for you first and you might not be able to withstand the pain. Look at what's happened to tfco. :rotf:


He is just a bitter troll. We won! He lost! Simple!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54281
Location: United Kingdom
Kabalega wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
osita wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
no wonder some CE member mistook you for a goat.


The guy was a paint in the #$% for Nigeria when he played.

He is one of the greatest African players ever!
He was a pain in the a$* for every opponent.

You know he is back just to instill that freedom fighting spirit back into the desert foxes.
Algeria's football team is not a like any other football national team.
The desert foxes are freedom fighters first and footballers next.

Right from the start, Algerians born in France chose to play for Algeria in support of the war against the French.
Ever since the team's MO has been to attack!
Unfortunately, a few recent coaches didn't get the memo and tried to reinforce the defense among other clueless things.
Players were not happy and made life hell for them.

Madjer is back to calm things down and right the ship.

In hindsight, no team has had as much good luck as the Naija Eagles. :D :thumbs:


How is getting Madjer back to handle this game a stroke of luck for the Eagles? If anything, it is bad fortune as he will want to start off with a win and will have his boys all fired up!

Let's take stock of the so called group of death.

The Eagles first played away in Zambia when Zambia's Chipolopolo were in a funk.

They then played Algeria at a critical time, when Algeria's football was in disarray.

Next up, was a double header against a Cameroon team exhausted from playing two major tournaments in 6 months. :shock:

The first real test for Naija, was a home game against a retooled Zambia which they won by a solitary goal.
By the time, they face a rejuvenated Algerian team, well it will be all over. :thumbs:
Even losing 7-0 to Algeria will not have much effect, because the games in Russia, will erase any dip in ranking.

Timing is everything. :thumbs:


But Germany, Portugal and Mexico all participated in the Confederations Cup too right? The all played more matches than Cameroon but are still going to Russia.

Australia and New Zealand who were there too may be joining them. In football, you can only play what is in front of you.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:41 pm
Posts: 9324
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
osita wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
no wonder some CE member mistook you for a goat.


The guy was a paint in the #$% for Nigeria when he played.

He is one of the greatest African players ever!
He was a pain in the a$* for every opponent.

You know he is back just to instill that freedom fighting spirit back into the desert foxes.
Algeria's football team is not a like any other football national team.
The desert foxes are freedom fighters first and footballers next.

Right from the start, Algerians born in France chose to play for Algeria in support of the war against the French.
Ever since the team's MO has been to attack!
Unfortunately, a few recent coaches didn't get the memo and tried to reinforce the defense among other clueless things.
Players were not happy and made life hell for them.

Madjer is back to calm things down and right the ship.

In hindsight, no team has had as much good luck as the Naija Eagles. :D :thumbs:


How is getting Madjer back to handle this game a stroke of luck for the Eagles? If anything, it is bad fortune as he will want to start off with a win and will have his boys all fired up!

Let's take stock of the so called group of death.

The Eagles first played away in Zambia when Zambia's Chipolopolo were in a funk.

They then played Algeria at a critical time, when Algeria's football was in disarray.

Next up, was a double header against a Cameroon team exhausted from playing two major tournaments in 6 months. :shock:

The first real test for Naija, was a home game against a retooled Zambia which they won by a solitary goal.
By the time, they face a rejuvenated Algerian team, well it will be all over. :thumbs:
Even losing 7-0 to Algeria will not have much effect, because the games in Russia, will erase any dip in ranking.

Timing is everything. :thumbs:


But Germany, Portugal and Mexico all participated in the Confederations Cup too right? The all played more matches than Cameroon but are still going to Russia.

Australia and New Zealand who were there too may be joining them. In football, you can only play what is in front of you.

In fact, you could look no further than Nigeria. We too won the 2013 AFCON and then participated in the 2013 Confed cup. Then we went on to comfortably qualify for the WC by November 2013.

Kabalega is just a joke and clutching at straws at this point in his refusal to accept that we made light work of some of the best teams in Africa in the group of death.

Watch out for the excuse he comes up with if we win in Algeria.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 13636
Location: Here
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
osita wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
no wonder some CE member mistook you for a goat.


The guy was a paint in the #$% for Nigeria when he played.

He is one of the greatest African players ever!
He was a pain in the a$* for every opponent.

You know he is back just to instill that freedom fighting spirit back into the desert foxes.
Algeria's football team is not a like any other football national team.
The desert foxes are freedom fighters first and footballers next.

Right from the start, Algerians born in France chose to play for Algeria in support of the war against the French.
Ever since the team's MO has been to attack!
Unfortunately, a few recent coaches didn't get the memo and tried to reinforce the defense among other clueless things.
Players were not happy and made life hell for them.

Madjer is back to calm things down and right the ship.

In hindsight, no team has had as much good luck as the Naija Eagles. :D :thumbs:


How is getting Madjer back to handle this game a stroke of luck for the Eagles? If anything, it is bad fortune as he will want to start off with a win and will have his boys all fired up!

Let's take stock of the so called group of death.

The Eagles first played away in Zambia when Zambia's Chipolopolo were in a funk.

They then played Algeria at a critical time, when Algeria's football was in disarray.

Next up, was a double header against a Cameroon team exhausted from playing two major tournaments in 6 months. :shock:

The first real test for Naija, was a home game against a retooled Zambia which they won by a solitary goal.
By the time, they face a rejuvenated Algerian team, well it will be all over. :thumbs:
Even losing 7-0 to Algeria will not have much effect, because the games in Russia, will erase any dip in ranking.

Timing is everything. :thumbs:


But Germany, Portugal and Mexico all participated in the Confederations Cup too right? The all played more matches than Cameroon but are still going to Russia.

Australia and New Zealand who were there too may be joining them. In football, you can only play what is in front of you.

None of those countries played in a big tournament like the African Nations Cup in 2017.
The Confederations Cup is not as big, intense and demanding as AFCON.
Cameroon also had to contend with FECAFOOT problems which led to a FIFA normalization committee running things.

The group of death on paper, turned out to be a group of duds.
Naija was the best prepared team in the group, rode their luck and deservedly topped the group.

_________________
"The young Walt Disney was sacked because he lacked imagination. They advised Marilyn Monroe to become a secretary and Elvis to go back to driving a lorry."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], maceo4, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 33 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group