Madjer is Back! I Dey Shake for Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Madjer is Back! I Dey Shake for Eagles

Post by Kabalega »

Orion wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
osita wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:no wonder some CE member mistook you for a goat.
The guy was a paint in the #$% for Nigeria when he played.
He is one of the greatest African players ever!
He was a pain in the a$* for every opponent.

You know he is back just to instill that freedom fighting spirit back into the desert foxes.
Algeria's football team is not a like any other football national team.
The desert foxes are freedom fighters first and footballers next.

Right from the start, Algerians born in France chose to play for Algeria in support of the war against the French.
Ever since the team's MO has been to attack!
Unfortunately, a few recent coaches didn't get the memo and tried to reinforce the defense among other clueless things.
Players were not happy and made life hell for them.

Madjer is back to calm things down and right the ship.

In hindsight, no team has had as much good luck as the Naija Eagles. :D :thumbs:
How is getting Madjer back to handle this game a stroke of luck for the Eagles? If anything, it is bad fortune as he will want to start off with a win and will have his boys all fired up!
Let's take stock of the so called group of death.

The Eagles first played away in Zambia when Zambia's Chipolopolo were in a funk.

They then played Algeria at a critical time, when Algeria's football was in disarray.

Next up, was a double header against a Cameroon team exhausted from playing two major tournaments in 6 months. :shock:

The first real test for Naija, was a home game against a retooled Zambia which they won by a solitary goal.
By the time, they face a rejuvenated Algerian team, well it will be all over. :thumbs:
Even losing 7-0 to Algeria will not have much effect, because the games in Russia, will erase any dip in ranking.

Timing is everything. :thumbs:
But Germany, Portugal and Mexico all participated in the Confederations Cup too right? The all played more matches than Cameroon but are still going to Russia.

Australia and New Zealand who were there too may be joining them. In football, you can only play what is in front of you.
In fact, you could look no further than Nigeria. We too won the 2013 AFCON and then participated in the 2013 Confed cup. Then we went on to comfortably qualify for the WC by November 2013.

Kabalega is just a joke and clutching at straws at this point in his refusal to accept that we made light work of some of the best teams in Africa in the group of death.

Watch out for the excuse he comes up with if we win in Algeria.
What was your WC qualification schedule like?
Even more crucially, do you remember how you attacked Keshi for sending new players to the Confederations Cup?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

The Cameroon we trashed just beat Algeria 2-0. Kabalega wants to tell us they didn't know what they were doing when they played us.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Robotnik wrote:The Cameroon we trashed just beat Algeria 2-0. Kabalega wants to tell us they didn't know what they were doing when they played us.
You missed the part where I pointed out that Algeria is in disarray?
Madjer is tasked to bring the Algerians back together.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

That member was not mistaken. :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Kabalega wrote: What was your WC qualification schedule like?
Even more crucially, do you remember how you attacked Keshi for sending new players to the Confederations Cup?
Keshi did not send new players to the CONFED cup, In fact, our team that played Namibia in a world cup qualifier had to fly directly from there to Brazil. Remember the drama about bonuses that kept the team stranded in Namibia and late for the Confed cup?

Dude come up with another excuse as that one failed.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

I think Kabalega secretly wishes he was a Nigerian .. :mrgreen:

I think a lot of east africans feel that way . I joined a Ugandan Music Group on FB and the first thing the Moderator asked as a prerequisite to join was wether or not I thought Nigerian Music was superior to Ugandan Music ... I mean seriously the obsession with Nigeria is much
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

BAP wrote:I think Kabalega secretly wishes he was a Nigerian .. :mrgreen:

I think a lot of east africans feel that way . I joined a Ugandan Music Group on FB and the first thing the Moderator asked as a prerequisite to join was wether or not I thought Nigerian Music was superior to Ugandan Music ... I mean seriously the obsession with Nigeria is much
He clearly does. He is so desperate for our approval of everything Uganda.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

metalalloy wrote:

That member was not mistaken. :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Algeria are doing a wonderful job of trying to emulate what Nigeria and Ivory Coast did in the 1990s/early 2000s (squander a generation of brilliant talent). A team with Mahrez, Brahimi, Feghouli, Soudani, Slimani, and Ghoulam should not be at the foot of the table.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

wiseone wrote:Algeria are doing a wonderful job of trying to emulate what Nigeria and Ivory Coast did in the 1990s/early 2000s (squander a generation of brilliant talent). A team with Mahrez, Brahimi, Feghouli, Soudani, Slimani, and Ghoulam should not be at the foot of the table.
Football is a funny game. Egypt failed to qualify for the World Cup when they had their best team. Ivory Coast could not win the Nations Cup when they had their best team and now Algeria.

Even look at Portugal. Their best team was the Figo set and they won nothing but the much weaker Ronaldo team won the Euros.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

It certainly is bizarre. Algeria's lack of form in these WCQs and the AFCON was mystifying. I am glad about it, because if they get their act together they will tear someone a new one.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
wiseone wrote:Algeria are doing a wonderful job of trying to emulate what Nigeria and Ivory Coast did in the 1990s/early 2000s (squander a generation of brilliant talent). A team with Mahrez, Brahimi, Feghouli, Soudani, Slimani, and Ghoulam should not be at the foot of the table.
Football is a funny game. Egypt failed to qualify for the World Cup when they had their best team. Ivory Coast could not win the Nations Cup when they had their best team and now Algeria.

Even look at Portugal. Their best team was the Figo set and they won nothing but the much weaker Ronaldo team won the Euros.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Kabalega wrote:Re: Madjer is Back! I Dey Shake for Eagles
You can't be misappropriating Emir Kongi tag line. :veryangry: :curse:

When Ifa turns you to a sacrificial animal my hand no dey o. :oops:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

One could easily argue that on paper, Algeria has the best team in Africa at the moment. Football, however, is played on the green grass.

If one actually watches Algeria play, they tend to dominate matches but their finishing tends to let them down. My guess is that if you added a Harry Kane to the Algeria team, they would dominate Africa with ease.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

If Aubameyang had been born in Algeria, everybody would need to forget the AFCON for a few years...
Ayo Akinfe wrote:One could easily argue that on paper, Algeria has the best team in Africa at the moment. Football, however, is played on the green grass.

If one actually watches Algeria play, they tend to dominate matches but their finishing tends to let them down. My guess is that if you added a Harry Kane to the Algeria team, they would dominate Africa with ease.
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

aruako1 wrote:
BAP wrote:I think Kabalega secretly wishes he was a Nigerian .. :mrgreen:

He clearly does. He is so desperate for our approval of everything Uganda.
Dem get fine respectful women for Uganda sha he should be happy about that . Instead he dey here wishing he was Naija :mrgreen:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

wiseone wrote:If Aubameyang had been born in Algeria, everybody would need to forget the AFCON for a few years...
Ayo Akinfe wrote:One could easily argue that on paper, Algeria has the best team in Africa at the moment. Football, however, is played on the green grass.

True I guess. Madjer's first job will be to look for a deadly finisher. I am sure he will find one among the thousands of Algerian-born youths in French football.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Kabalega wrote:
Robotnik wrote:The Cameroon we trashed just beat Algeria 2-0. Kabalega wants to tell us they didn't know what they were doing when they played us.
So which team is in disarray Cameroon or Algeria?

Algeria are just in a rough patch at the moment. If you watch their games against Nigeria and the present Zambia you will see that they dominated, they were unlucky with missed chances.

They are a ball playing team that are struggling to score while also gifting their opponents unnecessary goals. They need to fix their defense and I think team in general has lost some confidence.

If Madjer can fix their problems they will give Nigeria a game no doubt.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Robotnik wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Algeria are just in a rough patch at the moment. If you watch their games against Nigeria and the present Zambia you will see that they dominated, they were unlucky with missed chances.

They are a ball playing team that are struggling to score while also gifting their opponents unnecessary goals. They need to fix their defense and I think team in general has lost some confidence.

I am glad that the new faces Rohr invites will face a stern test in Algiers. I can see Madjer bringing in two or three roughly toughty players into the team
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Robotnik wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Both Algeria and Cameroon are going through a period of internal turmoil but of different kinds.
Naija's good fortune had them play both teams and Zambia, at particularly vulnerable times of their turmoil. :)
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

wiseone wrote:If Aubameyang had been born in Algeria, everybody would need to forget the AFCON for a few years...

Algeria's problem is defending. They do not believe in it. Their football is all about attacking so much that it is interred into their bones. When they hired a defensive coach, for the qualifiers, there was a revolt in the team. He didn't last long.

The one that got away from them was Zinedine Zidane. :shock:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Algeria defense is extremely shaky. Especially their fullbacks.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Kabalega wrote:
Robotnik wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Both Algeria and Cameroon are going through a period of internal turmoil but of different kinds.
Naija's good fortune had them play both teams and Zambia, at particularly vulnerable times of their turmoil. :)
Straw clutching at its most desperate. We were also in turmoil at the start of the qualifiers (as you and tfco gleefully pointed out at the time) but we had the cojones to pull it off. Uganda, on the other hand, were riding high but still met the ultimate failure. Your female team would probably have done better than your cojones-challenged men.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

aruako1 wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Robotnik wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Straw clutching at its most desperate. We were also in turmoil at the start of the qualifiers (as you and tfco gleefully pointed out at the time) but we had the cojones to pull it off. Uganda, on the other hand, were riding high but still met the ultimate failure. Your female team would probably have done better than your cojones-challenged men.
Really?
At the beginning of the World Cup qualifiers?
What turmoil was this?