Felix Uduokhai...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Felix Uduokhai...

Post by truetalk »

Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Tbite wrote:This is one of the benefits of raising your own players. Has any player raised by Nigeria ever turned Nigeria down?

I am sure there have been been, but can't think of one myself.
Emmanuel Olisadebe played for Poland but was born and bred in 9ja doe this count?
Olisadebe did not turn Nigeria down. When Poland invited him to play for them, he got in touch with the NFA. Our people told him to drop if he wants to be invited to the Eagles so he told them where to go.
Where you the one who told him to "drop"? :roll:

Dude, even Mr. Olisadebe himself acknowledges pretty much the same thing that Taribo West stated in an article post by EII on this forum sometime ago regarding Olisadebe's non-invitation (and substantively reaffirmed by our own Dean Oloye, who incidentally played at Unilorin as did Olisadebe) -Nigeria's coaches during the period from Olisadebe leaving Nigeria in 1997 and becoming a Polish citizen in 2000 (Bonfrere, Amodu, Troussier and Bora) just did not think him good enough and many Nigerians (including segments of the press) were openly contemptuous of the quality of the Polish league.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nig ... -for-other
Olisadebe: More footballers will dump Nigeria for other countries

By Shina Oludare0
Oct 3, 2014 12:40:00

Former Poland international Emmanuel Olisadebe has envisaged that more Nigeria star footballers will dump the country for other nations.

The bulky striker who had 22 caps for the Polish national team and got the country’s first goal at the 2002 Fifa World Cup said this trend will continue if good players are not given the chance to put on the green and white jersey.

"It will not stop, especially when you cannot play for your country because you are playing in a country where their league is not among the best,” Olisadebe told Punch.

"It’s based on personal decision and the way the player wants to move on with his life. Because they really want to showcase what they have internationally, players can decide to adopt certain countries and play for them.”

He also faulted officials of the Nigeria football house as a reason for this ugly trend citing politics as a major factor as he was in his playing days not given a national team call-up despite his impressive displays.

"There are many factors involved in a player wanting to play for another country. From my personal experience, I was doing well but I was never called up, even for the Flying Eagles. Since [Poland] appreciated my efforts, I decided to play for them,” he continued.

"Another player may tell you a different story. Maybe it’s a way of securing his future, getting a foreign passport and things like that. For me, I decided to play for Poland because they appreciated me and gave me the opportunity.

"Because Polonia won three cups in 2000, our coach was given the national team job. I contributed a lot to his success and in trying to pay me back, he decided to invite me to the national team and I didn’t reject the offer,” he concluded.

Dey there dey yarn opaks. A particular person was in charge of dropping at the NFA at the time. It was this same guy who asked Patrick Owomoyela to drop. I got a call from Germany at the time asking if this is how we do things in Naija?

No need to argue with you as the likes of Sir V, Mister Dolly, Waffiman, etc know the full gist. Olisade had not yet featured for Poland when Chukwu began his Hey You programme so could easily have been called up had he “played ball.”
Unku Ayo, you remain indefatigable. No one was in charge of dropping. You don't know how Naija works. Folks make false representation ALL the time. Right now somebody is pretending to be NFF President or representing the coach and making promises to players and agents.

This is chopping season... Hammering time... One Chance...

Ps., the racket ongoing is who to smuggle in the official list to Russia. NSC list, NFF list, Sports Ministry list, Supporters Club list, SWAN list... and everybody get agents promising you na dem 'Oga' send...

Pps., If BigTurkey, HemiBrassiere, BabaKolinzo and Tifco tell you they are in charge of our own CE list...na you sabi. I don't know the going rate :D :taunt: :taunt:
Chairman, you give Ayo too much credit, but I digress.

The environment fosters or limits these tendencies though, & you must give Pinnick & co some credit as things are getting more professional. Of course the WC is a once in 4 year lottery for some of these crooks, so they will still try.

In terms of the environment, in the buildup to the 2010 WC, you had Jonathan's presidential committee. Some of these guys were just causing confusion while wearing 'official' hats.

In 2014 you had the invisible hand of Steve Harris or whatever he was called.

I just think things will be better this time around. The Administration is better, the coach is focused, & while he hasn't said it, you can sense that he feels he is better than the gigs & results he has had in the last decade or so, and he can really make a global statement with Nigeria.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

On Felix. Too bad he could have helped us, but I think he needs us more.

He should ask Alaba (who would be playing for us if he had his way), Sidney Sam, Dennis Aogo, Patrick Owo & the rest of them how many caps they managed to play for Germany & how many World Cups they played in.

No major problem though. I think Stanley Amuzie is the best option available to us in the left though, & Aina can cover there if Ojokojo's Kid is not available.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

truetalk wrote:On Felix. Too bad he could have helped us, but I think he needs us more.

He should ask Alaba (who would be playing for us if he had his way), Sidney Sam, Dennis Aogo, Patrick Owo & the rest of them how many caps they managed to play for Germany & how many World Cups they played in.

No major problem though. I think Stanley Amuzie is the best option available to us in the left though, & Aina can cover there if Ojokojo's Kid is not available.
My Oga, I go wait until I hear directly from the guy in question.

This is a non story. Someone reporting someone else’s opinion about what th person in question might be thinking.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

truetalk wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Tbite wrote:This is one of the benefits of raising your own players. Has any player raised by Nigeria ever turned Nigeria down?

I am sure there have been been, but can't think of one myself.
Emmanuel Olisadebe played for Poland but was born and bred in 9ja doe this count?
Olisadebe did not turn Nigeria down. When Poland invited him to play for them, he got in touch with the NFA. Our people told him to drop if he wants to be invited to the Eagles so he told them where to go.
Where you the one who told him to "drop"? :roll:

Dude, even Mr. Olisadebe himself acknowledges pretty much the same thing that Taribo West stated in an article post by EII on this forum sometime ago regarding Olisadebe's non-invitation (and substantively reaffirmed by our own Dean Oloye, who incidentally played at Unilorin as did Olisadebe) -Nigeria's coaches during the period from Olisadebe leaving Nigeria in 1997 and becoming a Polish citizen in 2000 (Bonfrere, Amodu, Troussier and Bora) just did not think him good enough and many Nigerians (including segments of the press) were openly contemptuous of the quality of the Polish league.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nig ... -for-other
Olisadebe: More footballers will dump Nigeria for other countries

By Shina Oludare0
Oct 3, 2014 12:40:00

Former Poland international Emmanuel Olisadebe has envisaged that more Nigeria star footballers will dump the country for other nations.

The bulky striker who had 22 caps for the Polish national team and got the country’s first goal at the 2002 Fifa World Cup said this trend will continue if good players are not given the chance to put on the green and white jersey.

"It will not stop, especially when you cannot play for your country because you are playing in a country where their league is not among the best,” Olisadebe told Punch.

"It’s based on personal decision and the way the player wants to move on with his life. Because they really want to showcase what they have internationally, players can decide to adopt certain countries and play for them.”

He also faulted officials of the Nigeria football house as a reason for this ugly trend citing politics as a major factor as he was in his playing days not given a national team call-up despite his impressive displays.

"There are many factors involved in a player wanting to play for another country. From my personal experience, I was doing well but I was never called up, even for the Flying Eagles. Since [Poland] appreciated my efforts, I decided to play for them,” he continued.

"Another player may tell you a different story. Maybe it’s a way of securing his future, getting a foreign passport and things like that. For me, I decided to play for Poland because they appreciated me and gave me the opportunity.

"Because Polonia won three cups in 2000, our coach was given the national team job. I contributed a lot to his success and in trying to pay me back, he decided to invite me to the national team and I didn’t reject the offer,” he concluded.

Dey there dey yarn opaks. A particular person was in charge of dropping at the NFA at the time. It was this same guy who asked Patrick Owomoyela to drop. I got a call from Germany at the time asking if this is how we do things in Naija?

No need to argue with you as the likes of Sir V, Mister Dolly, Waffiman, etc know the full gist. Olisade had not yet featured for Poland when Chukwu began his Hey You programme so could easily have been called up had he “played ball.”
Unku Ayo, you remain indefatigable. No one was in charge of dropping. You don't know how Naija works. Folks make false representation ALL the time. Right now somebody is pretending to be NFF President or representing the coach and making promises to players and agents.

This is chopping season... Hammering time... One Chance...

Ps., the racket ongoing is who to smuggle in the official list to Russia. NSC list, NFF list, Sports Ministry list, Supporters Club list, SWAN list... and everybody get agents promising you na dem 'Oga' send...

Pps., If BigTurkey, HemiBrassiere, BabaKolinzo and Tifco tell you they are in charge of our own CE list...na you sabi. I don't know the going rate :D :taunt: :taunt:
Chairman, you give Ayo too much credit, but I digress.

The environment fosters or limits these tendencies though, & you must give Pinnick & co some credit as things are getting more professional. Of course the WC is a once in 4 year lottery for some of these crooks, so they will still try.

In terms of the environment, in the buildup to the 2010 WC, you had Jonathan's presidential committee. Some of these guys were just causing confusion while wearing 'official' hats.

In 2014 you had the invisible hand of Steve Harris or whatever he was called.

I just think things will be better this time around. The Administration is better, the coach is focused, & while he hasn't said it, you can sense that he feels he is better than the gigs & results he has had in the last decade or so, and he can really make a global statement with Nigeria.
Unku, no matter who is in charge there will be people hustling people telling them they can get them on the team. That the coach sent them.

It is a pure Naija hustle like th letter from Babangida or Abacha. Some people still fall for it.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

He wants to be the next rudiger and boateng, good luck to him.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:we have to move on from the Uduokhai noise here, at these point let the foreign born lads come to us and beg to play for Nigeria, tired of the begging already, let the likes of Tammy and Uduokhai keep for waiting on England and Germany respectively, tired of the hype already.
Some of you guys need to get this idea of "begging" out of your heads. Nobody is being begged to play. It's revealing you'd use that word.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Dey there dey yarn opaks. A particular person was in charge of dropping at the NFA at the time. It was this same guy who asked Patrick Owomoyela to drop. I got a call from Germany at the time asking if this is how we do things in Naija?

Olisadebe made his debut for Poland in August 2000 (against Romania)...
Chukwu was appointed TWO YEARS LATER after 2002 WC - don’t you have any shame at all? :oops:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL