FIFA Looking to Change Nationality Rules........

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: FIFA Looking to Change Nationality Rules........

Post by Cellular »

Odas wrote:
Kabalega wrote:If a child born in Africa grows up in Europe but decides to play for his African nation, will the "training" country compensate the original country for "lending" them their child?
Chief Kabalega; you beat me to this question. Let's wait and see how FIFA will deal with such demand by the home countries where the player(s) was/were born. FIFA better be careful with the changes they are thinking of making, else they will destroy the game.

If anyone has to be compensated it has to be the Clubs that train these players. Not countries.

Playing for your country's national team is like playing for an allstar team. There's a club that is responsible for your training and welfare. A player's country of allegiance does not change his status with his team.

FIFA should be worried planting such an idea to clubs. What if they start demanding compensation or injury settlement from FIFA when teams lose players due to injury to none team affiliated games, i.e., FIFA/National Team games?

Or teams start writing it into contracts that players can't play for their National teams because of the risk of injury?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Udokhai hangs: Tonight, na Uzoho vs Olanrewaju in La Liga

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] These are exciting times for Nigerian football
[2] I am delighted that we have a thinking man as our coach in Gernot Rohr
[3] I trust he will be watching developments across Europe very closely
[4] What gladdens me more than anything is his realisation that the current is nowhere near good enough and in desperate need of strengthening
[5] He has cast his net far and wide in search of players, including those of mixed parentage who grew up outside Nigeria
[6] Just imagine where our Eagles would be today without Ekong and Balogun. Would we have qualified for the World Cup without them?
[7] I am glad that Rohr has his sights on Felix Udokhia of Wolfburg in Die Bundesliga. This man is by far our best centreback at the moment. he scored an injury time equaliser last night, earning his team a point
[8] Tonight, in La Liga, Deportivo la Coruna face Girona in what will be a face-to-face encounter between Francis Uzoho and Olanrewaju Kayode, two of our up and coming players at the moment. I trust Rohr will be watching this match closely
[9] Think of the Eagles as a team that has just gained promotion from the second division. We have done well, beating everything in our way but to make an impact in the top flight, we desperately need to strengthen the squad or will get relegated. As you all know, my view is that of the team that qualified for the World Cup, only Balogun, Mikel, Moses and Ndidi would be starters if we really intend going to Russia to compete rather than just participate
[10] Like the rest of you, I eagerly await the team list for the Algeria and Argentina games. I just hope Uzoho, Udokhai, Olanrewaju are among the invitees
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Udokhai hangs: Tonight, na Uzoho vs Olanrewaju in La Lig

Post by Damunk »

I thought they recently said Uduokhai was "not interested"?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Damunk wrote:I thought they recently said Uduokhai was "not interested"?

Who is they?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Changing nationality and obtaining clearance seems to take Nigeria a minimum of a year so I would be very surprised if a new player switching to play for Nigeria makes the squad to play against Algeria. Further more if identified players have not made the request to switch now I don’t think Fifa will clear them to play for us in time for the World Cup. It took Moses and Aina over a year to obtain fifa clearance. I don’t know why other seems go through this process relatively quickly. 9ja is always different.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Flex Swift wrote:Changing nationality and obtaining clearance seems to take Nigeria a minimum of a year so I would be very surprised if a new player switching to play for Nigeria makes the squad to play against Algeria. Further more if identified players have not made the request to switch now I don’t think Fifa will clear them to play for us in time for the World Cup. It took Moses and Aina over a year to obtain fifa clearance. I don’t know why other seems go through this process relatively quickly. 9ja is always different.

We also have Kelvin Akpoguma at Hoffenheim. I think we have now got to a stage where we need a fulltime NFF official in charge of this matter.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:Changing nationality and obtaining clearance seems to take Nigeria a minimum of a year so I would be very surprised if a new player switching to play for Nigeria makes the squad to play against Algeria. Further more if identified players have not made the request to switch now I don’t think Fifa will clear them to play for us in time for the World Cup. It took Moses and Aina over a year to obtain fifa clearance. I don’t know why other seems go through this process relatively quickly. 9ja is always different.

We also have Kelvin Akpoguma at Hoffenheim. I think we have now got to a stage where we need a fulltime NFF official in charge of this matter.
Yes this is our priority, this is the most important thing that we need to develop our football. :clap:
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Tbite wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Yes this is our priority, this is the most important thing that we need to develop our football. :clap:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=283786&p=5111387#p5111387

All we seem to do is throw names around with no connection to a call or even a rumour from the media (other than CE).
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Why do Africans value gold dust over gold bars? Udokai has said on more than one occasion that he's not interested in Nigeria. Meanwhile, if we are to be interested in anybody playing at Wolfsburg it should be Osihmen. But nope..... we want what we think we can't have.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

would a certain Ayo Akinfe happen to be a good candidate for the NFF position?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

He will first have to resign as CE Chief Contributing Editor.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Why do Africans value gold dust over gold bars? Udokai has said on more than one occasion that he's not interested in Nigeria. Meanwhile, if we are to be interested in anybody playing at Wolfsburg it should be Osihmen. But nope..... we want what we think we can't have.
Any direct quotes from the guy?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cellular wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

He will first have to resign as CE Chief Contributing Editor.
early mo mo wickedness....
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cellular wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Why do Africans value gold dust over gold bars? Udokai has said on more than one occasion that he's not interested in Nigeria. Meanwhile, if we are to be interested in anybody playing at Wolfsburg it should be Osihmen. But nope..... we want what we think we can't have.
Please do not mind him. Udokhai has remained silent as the two FAs fight over him. His problem is that Germany are desperate to have him too, so the poor boy is caught in the middle of the spat.

In the midst of all this, he has maintained a dignified silence. I am hoping Rohr can sort it out soon sha.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Please do not mind him. Udokhai has remained silent as the two FAs fight over him. His problem is that Germany are desperate to have him too, so the poor boy is caught in the middle of the spat.

In the midst of all this, he has maintained a dignified silence. I am hoping Rohr can sort it out soon sha.
The boy did not show up at the German U20 camp during the last international break. That should be a pointer to what direction he is leaning but he needs to act fast, it took 6 months for Aina's clearance to come through.
I am happy
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Until these guys publicly state they want to represent Nigeria, I would refrain from including them in any fantasy Nigerian line up. The Sidney San episode from 2010 still pisses me off.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

bret- hart wrote:Until these guys publicly state they want to represent Nigeria, I would refrain from including them in any fantasy Nigerian line up. The Sidney San episode from 2010 still pisses me off.
:clap:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

These post reeks of the typical "counting your chicks before they are hatched" situation, there has been absolutely no report or speculation in the media that Uduokhai for one has decided to play for Nigeria, except Ayo knows something we don't know or has been in contact with Rohr to know his every agenda... if we don't learn from the Sidney Sam situation that embarrassed a whole federation...then we are in for another short changing once again.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote:Until these guys publicly state they want to represent Nigeria, I would refrain from including them in any fantasy Nigerian line up. The Sidney San episode from 2010 still pisses me off.
The Sidney Sam case is just a very sad one, not sure if I should laugh or cry for the lad... Dude was the hype of the moment during his wonderful season with Bayern Leukeusen, declared his interest to play for Nigeria, and gave us exciting hopes... While his switch process was in motion, next thing we heard was that he turned cold on Nigeria when Germany came calling, at the end he was used for probably one or two useless friendlies and that was it... nothing was ever heard about the guy again.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Tobi17 wrote:
The Sidney Sam case is just a very sad one, not sure if I should laugh or cry for the lad... Dude was the hype of the moment during his wonderful season with Bayern Leukeusen, declared his interest to play for Nigeria, and gave us exciting hopes... While his switch process was in motion, next thing we heard was that he turned cold on Nigeria when Germany came calling, at the end he was used for probably one or two useless friendlies and that was it... nothing was ever heard about the guy again.

Were you guys expecting Germany to stay idle and watch a rival team grow strong? Even if they did not use him, why should they allow a potential rival to grow into a formidable force?

In Germany, the thinking is always long term. They could meet Nigeria in the World Cup, so it in their interest to keep the Super Eagles weak.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Sir, you literally quoted him without responding to what he said. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Sir, you literally quoted him without responding to what he said. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am surprised that you are surprised.
AFCON 2019 sweet o