Efe Ambrose is back playing for Hibs, should he be looked at

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

osita
Egg
Egg
Re: Efe Ambrose is back playing for Hibs, should he be looke

Post by osita »

yes as a wing back, capital NO as a central defender
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

No
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Don't think he can displace Ekong or balogun, however, he's still a useful squad player to have in a tournament.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

osita wrote:yes as a wing back, capital NO as a central defender

Ambrose is a centreback. I think you got it the other way round.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

He has played as a fullback before, he was not making an error. Although CB is his main role.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Tbite wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

He has played as a fullback before, he was not making an error. Although CB is his main role.

Ambrose cannot cross the ball. He has no business as a fullback.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Tbite wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Ambrose cannot cross the ball. He has no business as a fullback.
He is better going forward than Echiejile though (on the right, before someone says I think he played fullback on the left). Although I agree that we don't need him.
Last edited by Tbite on Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

How much money has he given you? havent some of you got shame?? Seriously? Must you always peddle your friends and benefactors??
Fine! He trained you at University or pays your house rent, but why should Nigeria have to suffer because you are shameless?? Please, dont annoy me this morning!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

danfo driver wrote:How much money has he given you? havent some of you got shame?? Seriously? Must you always peddle your friends and benefactors??
Fine! He trained you at University or pays your house rent, but why should Nigeria have to suffer because you are shameless?? Please, dont annoy me this morning!
Your best post. :clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Yes.
If he's in good form. Absolutely.
As a centre back.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

smartbrother wrote:Yes.
If he's in good form. Absolutely.
As a centre back.

This is the list of centrebacks we currently have:

[1] Leon Balogun (Mainz, Germany)
[2] William Ekong (Bursaspor, Turkey)
[3] Felix Uduokhai (Wofsburg, Germany)
[4] Chidozie Awaziem (Nantes, France)
[5] Kenneth Omeruo (Kasımpaşa, Turkey)
[6] Uche Agbo (Standard Liege, Belgium)

Now, I guess there would be no harm in inviting Ambrose to camp to vie for a place too. Rohr will almost certainly tale four centrebacks to the World Cup.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Ambrose could compete for the 4th CB spot. Balogun, Ekong, and Awazeim are ahead of him. Not sure Udokhai will commit to the SE. I think Ambrose is better than Agbo and he may be able to beat out Omeruo.
Last edited by olu on Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Too kamikaze for my liking. He is a bit too Yoboesque in his defending..
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

danfo driver wrote:How much money has he given you? havent some of you got shame?? Seriously? Must you always peddle your friends and benefactors??
Please give it a rest on the baseless accusations! As if CE has any influence on who gets picked. He is entitled to his opinion on a player who won the Nations Cup for Nigeria. Personally I think there are too many players ahead of him.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

He should be looked at.

On TV.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

aruako1 wrote:
Please give it a rest on the baseless accusations! As if CE has any influence on who gets picked.

You truly have no idea. Dey there! :lol: :lol:
He is entitled to his opinion on a player who won the Nations Cup for Nigeria. Personally I think there are too many players ahead of him.
I agree! Okocha, Mba, Uzoenyi, Oliseh, Chukwu, all won the Nations cup, they are ENTITLED to be called up! You truly are a block headed lizard! :veryangry: :curse:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

N-O.

<
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

olu wrote:Ambrose could compete for the 4th CB spot. Balogun, Ekong, and Awazeim are ahead of him. Not sure Udokhai will commit to the SE. I think Ambrose is better than Agbo and he may be able to beat out Omeruo.
I really hope Udokhai commits to us as he appears to be doing the best of all our centrebacks at the moment. My fear with Balogun is that he is too injury-prone.

In my opinion, the Balogun-Udokhai partnership is the best we can hope for. Ekong would certainly be in the squad, meaning that Omeruo, Ambrose, Awazeim and Agbo are fighting for the fourth spot.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

danfo driver wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Please give it a rest on the baseless accusations! As if CE has any influence on who gets picked.

You truly have no idea. Dey there! :lol: :lol:
He is entitled to his opinion on a player who won the Nations Cup for Nigeria. Personally I think there are too many players ahead of him.
I agree! Okocha, Mba, Uzoenyi, Oliseh, Chukwu, all won the Nations cup, they are ENTITLED to be called up! You truly are a block headed lizard! :veryangry: :curse:
Quite clearly comprehension is not a strong point for you. Nobody spoke about entitlement but that people should not be subject to baseless accusations for having an opinion, no matter how unpalatable they might be to you. And for your attempts at insults - is that really all you've got? Are you done with your home work?
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

I like Ambrose, but the emergence of Ola Aina is the end of his Super Eagles career, just at Tammy Abraham (if he switches) will put Ideye's SE career to sleep.

Aina can back up at both full back positions, and he is having a great season with Hull on loan from Chelsea.

Abraham can also do everything Ideye does well.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

truetalk wrote:I like Ambrose, but the emergence of Ola Aina is the end of his Super Eagles career, just at Tammy Abraham (if he switches) will put Ideye's SE career to sleep.

Aina can back up at both full back positions, and he is having a great season with Hull on loan from Chelsea.

Abraham can also do everything Ideye does well.

Ambrose is a centreback. He never enjoyed being played out of position and I can tell you now that Rohr will never ever consider him as a fulback.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Mr Shows wrote:Too kamikaze for my liking. He is a bit too Yoboesque in his defending..
No let 1Naija see this ya post ohhh... :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."