SIMON HANGS A BRACE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
SIMON HANGS A BRACE

Post by Gotti »

Two PKs against Eupen in the Belgian League (game presently in the 68th minute)...
Three Nigerians (Simon, Esiti and Samuel Kalu) starting for Gent, with Esiti bullying dudes as usual.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
ogasir
Egg
Egg
Re: SIMON HANGS A BRACE

Post by ogasir »

How is Kalu playing?
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

ogasir wrote:How is Kalu playing?
All 3 Nigerians are playing relatively well tonight (Kalu has been taking the CKs, Simon the FKs)...
Simon and Kalu are doing quite well running at the Eupen defense (but often without the final product).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Game over! Gent wins 3-0...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

A penalty brace but still counts :)
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

All good for confidence... :clap: :clap:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

marutimon wrote:A penalty brace but still counts :)
Well, it does show the confidence the team has in his penalty-taking technique.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

This world cup go sweet o.

(c) tfco.

We have to give credit where one due. Tfco deserves credit for that phrase.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

1naija wrote:This world cup go sweet o.

(c) tfco.

As long as Simon is on the bench for 90 minutes the SE will go far, nonsense, I can't understand this love for junk players
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

(c) tfco.

His version is different. Werld Kap go sweet paaaa.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

(c) tfco.

His version is different. Werld Kap go sweet paaaa.
I want him to come here and repeat it so we can give him full credit
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

9jaMan wrote:

(c) tfco.

As long as Simon is on the bench for 90 minutes the SE will go far, nonsense, I can't understand this love for junk players
I am struggling to see how Simon Moses will get into the 23 bearing I’m mind Rohr will only take four wide men to Russia. Would you pick him ahead of Moses, Onyekuru, Iheanacho, Bezee, Dessers or even Musa self?
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

(c) tfco.

I am struggling to see how Simon Moses will get into the 23 bearing I’m mind Rohr will only take four wide men to Russia. Would you pick him ahead of Moses, Onyekuru, Iheanacho, Bezee, Dessers or even Musa self?
When one goes into battle one takes dependable soldiers so far in the heat of battle Simon has been dependable scored against The African champions to ensure 9ja game against Zambia was not a do or die affair. You want Rohl to drop him for Onyekuru, Bezee,Dessers none which have prove in the GWG they are better. Rohl would be a fool to replace Simon with players that have no international experience. The purpose of the qualifiers is for nations to build their team. But in your world you think it is ok to replace players with inexperienced players with no proof thEy are better then their replacements and expect to do well at the World Cup. Nigeria has been down this road before and it lended in failure. Which other country has abandoned all their players that featured in the qualifiers for inexperienced players and have done well? England took Jack Wiltshire to the Euro having not played a single qualifier and we know how that campaign ended. In your words ,I put it to you that Simon Moses will be on the plan to Russian barring any injuries. Your campaign against our players will simply fail because we have a foreign coach.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Flex Swift wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

(c) tfco.

When one goes into battle one takes dependable soldiers so far in the heat of battle Simon has been dependable scored against The African champions to ensure 9ja game against Zambia was not a do or die affair. You want Rohl to drop him for Onyekuru, Bezee,Dessers none which have prove in the GWG they are better. Rohl would be a fool to replace Simon with players that have no international experience. The purpose of the qualifiers is for nations to build their team. But in your world you think it is ok to replace players with inexperienced players with no proof thEy are better then their replacements and expect to do well at the World Cup. Nigeria has been down this road before and it lended in failure. Which other country has abandoned all their players that featured in the qualifiers for inexperienced players and have done well? England took Jack Wiltshire to the Euro having not played a single qualifier and we know how that campaign ended. In your words ,I put it to you that Simon Moses will be on the plan to Russian barring any injuries. Your campaign against our players will simply fail because we have a foreign coach.
We are not going to play Cameroon or Zambia at the World Cup!
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Flex Swift wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

(c) tfco.

Kpom he brings a unique set of attributes to the table and deserves his place in the team
Although I don't see a need for BOTH him and Musa
Daddy Ajala is far from perfect but to be honest, we should be thankful this is the calibre of player we are arguing over
I think back to the days of uchebo, uzoenyi ,Reuben , gambo,Dike, okechukwu Gabriel and Shola ameobi
We've come a long way since then
If the most controversial players on rohr's squad are agu,Simon and echejile we aren't doing too bad
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

smartbrother wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

(c) tfco.

:thumb:
Kpom he brings a unique set of attributes to the table and deserves his place in the team
Although I don't see a need for BOTH him and Musa
Daddy Ajala is far from perfect but to be honest, we should be thankful this is the calibre of player we are arguing over
I think back to the days of uchebo, uzoenyi ,Reuben , gambo,Dike, okechukwu Gabriel and Shola ameobi
We've come a long way since then
If the most controversial players on rohr's squad are agu,Simon and echejile we aren't doing too bad
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Abeg we don't need to look hard for positives.

The guy gave a MOTM performance!

[Bugzy Malone Accent]Watch this [/Bugzy Malone Accent]

[/video]

For the second penalty, he was actually the one that won the ball! For the first penalty, the technique was better than many goals scored from live play! Kaii emphatic, not quite a Panenka, but almost as good! Did it stop there? bobo's would be assist was as good as Kalu's first assist, but the guy on the end couldn't bury it. Actually it was probably even better technique, since he wrapped his foot around it and curved it on platter.

Perfect performance.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

(c) tfco.

We are not going to play Cameroon or Zambia at the World Cup![/quote

Moses Simon has won the Belgium league and cup,has champions league experience, is a seasoned World Cup qualifier campaigner, has represented 9ja at every level. Robr has selected him for every squad he has managed so far, has played well and contributed to Nigeria qualifying for the World Cup . Is aregular for his club.And you want him dropped for players that have not won the league or Cup have no international caps. Have not represented 9ja at any level but based on a hunch they will be better. On what basis are those you advocate are better than Moses???
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Moses Simon will 100% make the World Cup squad barring injury and he deserves it.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Flex Swift wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

(c) tfco.

We are not going to play Cameroon or Zambia at the World Cup![/quote

Moses Simon has won the Belgium league and cup,has champions league experience, is a seasoned World Cup qualifier campaigner, has represented 9ja at every level. Robr has selected him for every squad he has managed so far, has played well and contributed to Nigeria qualifying for the World Cup . Is aregular for his club.And you want him dropped for players that have not won the league or Cup have no international caps. Have not represented 9ja at any level but based on a hunch they will be better. On what basis are those you advocate are better than Moses???
He has done well but the World Cup is out of his league. He is simply not talented enough to play at this level!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

So, what assurances do you have that the people who you've mentioned, particularly Bazee (who has not even kicked a competitive ball for club this season) and Dessers (who is a neophyte, having NOT played international football at ANY level), would be better options to Simon Moses? I think its really silly (actually, irresponsible) of anyone to even posit that argument.
Fact is: for all intents and purposes, Simon Moses has more than earned his place on the team.

Realistically, in a squad of 23, and based on the formation the coach seems to incline towards (his antecedents), he might likely go with 4 wingers. Based on current form, the hierarchy is the following:
1. Victor Moses
2. Alex Iwobi
3. Simon Moses
4. The rest: Ahmed Musa, Onyekuru and Bazee will fight for the 4th spot.
An interesting twist might be the addition of Kayode to the mix (pace, performance in a competitive league and an ability to be versatile - i.e. play as a striker). He tends to play off the flanks and can be played as a winger.

That means the 4th winger spot will be a toss up between Larry Kayode, Henry Onyekuru and Ahmed Musa.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

(c) tfco.

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Otitokoro wrote:So, what assurances do you have that the people who you've mentioned, particularly Bazee (who has not even kicked a competitive ball for club this season) and Dessers (who is a neophyte, having NOT played international football at ANY level), would be better options to Simon Moses? I think its really silly (actually, irresponsible) of anyone to even posit that argument.
Fact is: for all intents and purposes, Simon Moses has more than earned his place on the team.

Realistically, in a squad of 23, and based on the formation the coach seems to incline towards (his antecedents), he might likely go with 4 wingers. Based on current form, the hierarchy is the following:
1. Victor Moses
2. Alex Iwobi
3. Simon Moses
4. The rest: Ahmed Musa, Onyekuru and Bazee will fight for the 4th spot.
An interesting twist might be the addition of Kayode to the mix (pace, performance in a competitive league and an ability to be versatile - i.e. play as a striker). He tends to play off the flanks and can be played as a winger.

That means the 4th winger spot will be a toss up between Larry Kayode, Henry Onyekuru and Ahmed Musa.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

(c) tfco.

In your opinion, is Moses Simon a better player than Henry Onyekuru?