Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:55 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:50 pm 

On loan Liverpool forward Taiwo Awoniyi once again proved his goal scoring abilities by scoring the lone goal for his loan side Mouscron in their 1-2 loss to Standard Liege.

Awoniyi struck in the 49th minute to cancel out Sebastian Locigno own goal which put Standard Liege ahead in the 33rd minutes, but Orlando Sa restored Standard Liege lead with a goal 15 minutes from full time.

A late rally by ā€ˇMouscron to draw level ended up with Standard Liege hitting them on a counter, which forced them to concede a penalty tucked home by Edmilson Junior on the dot of regulation time to kill off any potential chance of a late comeback by Mouscron.

Despite his team losing the tie, Awoniyi is finally delivering on the promise that made Liverpool sign him few years ago from Imperial Academy in Nigeria as the goal was his fourth League goal in 8 games, and more impressive his fourth goal in six games.

He is presently enjoying his most prolific season since Liverpool decided to send him out on loan in search of regular games. His other loan spell has ended with either the forward scoring one or two goals.

At German side FSV Frankurt he scored just once from 13 games, while last season he scored four goals for NEC Nijmegen in 21 games. This season his goal scoring streak has even lead to talks of him being invited to the senior national team of Nigeria.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/20/li ... ron-again/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:01 pm 
Site Admin

I suspect it will be tough to ignore him for a NT call-up soon. I don't think that it is far fetched to speculate that at this rate, he will be in the conversation for a WC starting place

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:38 pm 

YUJAM wrote:
I suspect it will be tough to ignore him for a NT call-up soon. I don't think that it is far fetched to speculate that at this rate, he will be in the conversation for a WC starting place

Anything is possible. Will have to score those goals in GWG to make the team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:07 pm 

ohenhen1 wrote:
YUJAM wrote:

That's the same thing they said to Obagoal. He now joined Seattle Sounders (who wear green white green), was scoring goals on the moon but still didn't get a recall. So he went east, "far east"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:53 pm 

I have high hopes for this guy. Love his build and speed.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:32 pm 

jungle-jawara wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
YUJAM wrote:

That's the same thing they said to Obagoal. He now joined Seattle Sounders (who wear green white green), was scoring goals on the moon but still didn't get a recall. So he went east, "far east"

Martins was in the twilight of his career when he went to the US. He was invited back to the Eagles but was way past it!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:09 am 

I like Awoniyi, and really want him to continue to do well. However, his rich vein of form may be an indication of how weak the Belgian league is. Don't think it's a coincidence he had a harder time scoring in the Dutch league and the German 2nd division.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:14 am 

olu wrote:
I like Awoniyi, and really want him to continue to do well. However, his rich vein of form may be an indication of how weak the Belgian league is. Don't think it's a coincidence he had a harder time scoring in the Dutch league and the German 2nd division.

Or maybe he is just getting better with experience?