Argentina friendly match against Nigeria confirmed

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Argentina friendly match against Nigeria confirmed

Post by john12 »

We never learn anything. Anytime World Cup is about to begin we keep hearing about different players needed to pursue World Cup. Rohl shouldn't listen to these naysayers. He should use most of the players that qualified for the World Cup and build a team of hardworkers, skills etc. the only players that That should replace our current team are exceptional players. Btw, if you're playing in a small club or backwater league you're not an exceptional player yet. Rohl, build with the players that qualified you for the World Cup and teach them tactics and team work. These new players always panic and show their inexperience when World Cup begin
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

ohenhen1 wrote:Game against Algeria

Uzoho or Alampasu
Ebeuhi,Awaziem,Omeruo,Aina
Agu, Etebo, Ogu
Iwobi,Iheanacho,Onyekuru

Against Argentina

Enzenwa
Shehu, Ekong, Balogun, Aina
Onazi, Mikel, Ndidi
Iwobi, Ighalo, Onyekuru
The above is most likely going to be the line ups :clap:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

john12 wrote:We never learn anything. Anytime World Cup is about to begin we keep hearing about different players needed to pursue World Cup. Rohl shouldn't listen to these naysayers. He should use most of the players that qualified for the World Cup and build a team of hardworkers, skills etc. the only players that That should replace our current team are exceptional players. Btw, if you're playing in a small club or backwater league you're not an exceptional player yet. Rohl, build with the players that qualified you for the World Cup and teach them tactics and team work. These new players always panic and show their inexperience when World Cup begin

No amount of coaching will teach Uwua Echiejile how to cross the ball, Simon Moses how to put his head up or Ahmed Musa how to pass!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

We shouldn't make too many changes to the squad.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Tbite wrote:We shouldn't make too many changes to the squad.
We should totally overhaul the squad. In my opinion, only four of the players who started against Zambia are good enough for a World Cup match against say Germany or Spain.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
We should totally overhaul the squad. In my opinion, only four of the players who started against Zambia are good enough for a World Cup match against say Germany or Spain.
You cannot build a World Cup squad by simply moving pieces around on a computer. This is a team that we have taken months to build chemistry and understand.

A total overhaul is simply not going to happen! If they fail they fail! But replacing the team with every Tom, d#$% and Harry won't increase our odds! Football is for the long haul! Inject some new players, but most of our team to the World Cup should be the same faces we have been seeing.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Ech...
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Tbite wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
You cannot build a World Cup squad by simply moving pieces around on a computer. This is a team that we have taken months to build chemistry and understand.

A total overhaul is simply not going to happen! If they fail they fail! But replacing the team with every Tom, d#$% and Harry won't increase our odds! Football is for the long haul! Inject some new players, but most of our team to the World Cup should be the same faces we have been seeing.
Then we will end up like the Kenkey Bredas!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tbite wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

The only chemistry is between players who have actually played significant minutes in this campaign. That certainly should be left alone.

However we have bench players who need to be replaced with better options.

The likes of

Ahmed Musa
John Ogu
Tyrone Ebiehi
Anthony Nwakaeme
Daniel Akpeyi
Uche Agbo

Have no business going to Russia, and neither have they played much to establish any so called chemistry.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote:
Tbite wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

The only chemistry is between players who have actually played significant minutes in this campaign. That certainly should be left alone.

The likes of

Ahmed Musa
John Ogu
Tyrone Ebiehi
Anthony Nwakaeme
Daniel Akpeyi
Uche Agbo

Have no business going to Russia, and neither have they played much to establish any so called chemistry.
I beg to differ on Ebuehi, he is still young and we have to see how good he is for the SE FIRST before dropping him... He just made the team of the week in the Eredivisie, made a wonderful assist for his team few days ago playing as a CB. Ogu most likely won't be dropped cause Rohr seems to like him, and I believe he is a decent squad player at best... Nwakaeme might not be playing in a world class league but we can't overlook his club form nonetheless, deserves a full assessment against Algeria to know his quality, but can't just discard a player like that without as much as trying him out, at most he will like Ogu will add up to our depth or might be a late bloomer surprise revelation! as for the rest on your list, I couldn't agree more, Musa is a player I like but right now his form makes him a red flag, especially when he plays in a position where we have hot prospects coming up the ranks.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Then expect nothing,the World Cup is around the corner and you want to panic and overhaul the players that did the hard work,a few changes are needed of cause but now is not the time to start from scratch as you’ll be lucky to play as many friendlies as (competitive) games played during the qualifiers!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
LOL...Ayo with talks like this little wonder why guys don't take you seriously. Overhaul a squad less than a year to the WC? And here I was thinking I had heard it all... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

If we had better players than those guys we could drop them. Sad part is - we do not.

Let us not forget that Musa scored 2 goals against Argentina at the last World Cup and gave them the run around. His pace is also effective as a late impact sub coming on late against tiring defenders.

Would also be harsh to drop the untried Ebuehi, or Nwakaeme who is the bets player in his league and plays for a Champions League team.
vancity eagle wrote: The only chemistry is between players who have actually played significant minutes in this campaign. That certainly should be left alone.

The likes of

Ahmed Musa
John Ogu
Tyrone Ebiehi
Anthony Nwakaeme
Daniel Akpeyi
Uche Agbo

john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

No way ahmed musa an experienced player with champions league, World Cup goals and experience should be dropped for any of these backwater players. This is a player that came toe to toe with the likes of Messi, aguero, demaria and performed better. You want him dropped for inexperienced players who would panic at world stage. Your head must not be correct. On musa day his a world class player. Can you say that for most super eagles players? Musa is definitely going to Brazil. Anyway, most of our best players are already called up we only need maybe 3/4 additional faces. Rohl, don't listen to this overhaul speakers you're not missing any ronaldo or Messi available
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I have always suspected Ayoakinfe of having an agenda on this forum. He is always touting players and wants the SE to be overhauled before the WC. I have seen the pattern several times not to believe he is not just a fan like most of us on CE. When any New player emerges, he quickly starts promoting them into the SE as starters. He is quite vocal when there is a WC around the corner. I believe he links up with the player's rep with a promise to get them a place in the SE in exchange for either a pecuniary reward or just the famous handshake. When his promoted players don't live up to expectation, he just moves on to the next player without explanation or apology. When deficiencies are pointed out to him about his touted players, he just ignores it. A true fan will want to debate but he acts like a man with a misson. The latest craze is Uzoho,who he has already installed as SE number one in the WC after just ONE game! Ayo is not stupid and has been on this forum for a long time and after gaffes over Onyekwu, Ogbeche, Rabiu, Nwakili and lately Uzoho and he still appears to be making the same mistake, it is obvious that he has an agenda that he is using CE to promote. He now wants the SE to be overhauled so as to bring in his clients players. CEs should be wary of him and his motives. He is not a real fan.
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

SE bench does need to be overhalued, it is simply not good enough.

The starting 11 and a few bench players are fine though.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Robbynice wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
LOL...Ayo with talks like this little wonder why guys don't take you seriously. Overhaul a squad less than a year to the WC? And here I was thinking I had heard it all... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Robby, somebody must have stolen Ayo's handle for this one. Overhaul? We might not be there yet, but our team is certainly not that bad.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

vancity eagle wrote:SE bench does need to be overhalued, it is simply not good enough.

But that makes sense but Ayo went to the extreme.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Dammy I don't think he has a personal agenda or gratuity from players. However, I honk his just delusional. He seems to suggest things that are unusual. How do you suggest we overhaul a team that qualified in the toughest group in Africa 8 months before WC. Is that even understandable? I'm convinced ayo is not getting any monetary gifts from players. His just genuinely disconnected when it comes to SE football
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

CE, only place on the planet where you keep hearing player names yet won't know what they've done in months. How come we never hear of these players during the qualifiers? Wholesale experimenting leading up to the WC is just foolish. The Argentina game now provides an opportunity to tryout fringe players against Algeria, but it has to be done with the team in mind not just to check out a player. It's a precursor to the Argentina game.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Obong wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Robby, somebody must have stolen Ayo's handle for this one. Overhaul? We might not be there yet, but our team is certainly not that bad.

Only Balogun, Ndidi, Mikel and Moses would make my starting 11!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

vancity eagle wrote:SE bench does need to be overhalued, it is simply not good enough.

But Ayo says we only have 4 players meaning we need to overhaul something like 19 players given we need a 23 man WC squad. :mrgreen:
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

The bench doesn't need any overhaul. They survived group of death. No team first 11 is as good as their bench. None!