Francis Kumbur ( Russia 2018 ) ( Algeria and Argentina)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Francis Kumbur ( Russia 2018 ) ( Algeria and Argentina)

Post by Bigpokey24 »

guys this fella , can add dept to our worldcup squad, I do recall how he helped the SE vs Venuzuela in London.. what is the NFF doing to add Frances to the SE? this guy can show more in the next 2 games ,,

Born in Lagos, Kumbur has played in Nigeria, Morocco and England for Plateau United, KAC Marrakech, Yeovil Town, Haywards Heath Town, Gravesend & Northfleet[1] and Eastbourne Town.[2]

He also earned one cap for Nigeria
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Francis Kumbur ( Russia 2018 ) ( Algeria and Argentina)

Post by john12 »

Is this a joke or you're being sarcastic?
Olayemi14
Egg
Egg

Post by Olayemi14 »

From Soootin? If the same, I am impressed that he is still playing footie close to 18 -20 years.
Active member of the JOM & JM Fan Clubs. Baba Eleran of Chelsea FC.
gmoni1
Egg
Egg

Post by gmoni1 »

Francis Kumbur is a good addition to the team..lol
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Francis Kumbur aka Hey You...longest time mehn :D
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Robbynice wrote:Francis Kumbur aka Hey You...longest time mehn :D
Robby, I believe Francis Kumbur "happened" in the UK and "Hey You" happened in a training session in Nigeria.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

danfo driver wrote:
Robby, I believe Francis Kumbur "happened" in the UK and "Hey You" happened in a training session in Nigeria.
Hey You definitely happened in the UK and in an international friendly too
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Robbynice wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Hey You definitely happened in the UK and in an international friendly too[/quote

Hey you debut in Nigeria.... Nigeria vs Angola ..... AFCON qualifier. CCC didn't know the name of the few players invite for the match and called them "Hey you"
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

his name sounds bredalike
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Robbybabs,

As old as you are, you cannot accurately give an account of CE fables?

A damned shame if you ask me.

Kumbur was the taxi driver that drove Amodu from the Airport and was recognized as the former Sootin' player, and was promptly called to camp after JayJay got lost on the drive to camp.

Hey you was Ononoriode, or someone similarly named.

I cannot verify the authenticity of any of the information above, but we have read it on the forum over the decades.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Robbynice wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Spot on...

The original “Hey You” was a certain Onoriode dude, reportedly a one-time U20 FE invitee and friend of Yobo, who came around to the SE hotel in London (actually the second hotel, after they were kicked out of the first for non-payment of deposit) to visit with Yobo and the guys before the friendly against Venezuela, only to be asked to suit up when it looked as if the team will not be able to have 11 outfield players (Yakubu having dropped out after arriving at the team hotel). Ultimately, we were able to cobble together 11 players (albeit the right-footed CB Joseph Enakharire had to play at LB) to start the game, but when Jay Jay had to leave at halftime for Malaga for the Bolton camp as pre-agreed (even Yobo was only supposed to play one half only - as pre-agreed with David Moses and Everton - but ended up playing all 90 minutes), Onoriode, who had been the ONLY outfield substitute on the SE bench for the entire first-half (a half-fit Ogbonna Kanu arrived at about half-time and suited up for the 2H but sat out), was compelled to make an entry - and promptly stunk up the joint (which did not stop him from proudly going around the stands at full-time acknowledging the crowd - perhaps he confused the boos for cheers :lol: ).

After all that mess (the players were only given vending machine sandwiches as a pre-match meal, did not have appropriate warmup gear and we CEs had to buy dinner for some of the players after the game), the SE still WON!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

danfo driver wrote:
Robby, I believe Francis Kumbur "happened" in the UKnand "Hey You" happened in a training session in Nigeria.
No, in Lagos...

Kumbur was among the 42 players (including a couple of other other ‘older’ fringe Eagles like Edith Agoye and Haruna Doda) for Chukwu’s first SE friendlies against Jamaica and Egypt in Lagos. He was so bad that he was hurled off after the first 30 minutes of the first game (2 different squads of 21 each was used to prosecute each game) never to be seen again - and became folklore thereafter. Pretty much the same fate also awaited then CE rave-of-the-moment Peter Ijeh after one of those games.

PS: Undertaker’s version was the fictitious product of the ethnic demagogue Ade Ojeikere, who so despised Chukwu’s SE appointment that he claimed at about the same time that Chukwu substituted Femi Opabumni in the 80-something minute of the game against Angola because Femi did not speak Ibo. SMDH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Spot on...

The original “Hey You” was a certain Onoriode dude, reportedly a one-time U20 FE invitee and friend of Yobo, who came around to the SE hotel in London (actually the second hotel, after they were kicked out of the first for non-payment of deposit) to visit with Yobo and the guys before the friendly against Venezuela, only to be asked to suit up when it looked as if the team will not be able to have 11 outfield players (Yakubu having dropped out after arriving at the team hotel). Ultimately, we were able to cobble together 11 players (albeit the right-footed CB Joseph Enakharire had to play at LB) to start the game, but when Jay Jay had to leave at halftime for Malaga for the Bolton camp as pre-agreed (even Yobo was only supposed to play one half only - as pre-agreed with David Moses and Everton - but ended up playing all 90 minutes), Onoriode, who had been the ONLY outfield substitute on the SE bench for the entire first-half (a half-fit Ogbonna Kanu arrived at about half-time and suited up for the 2H but sat out), was compelled to make an entry - and promptly stunk up the joint (which did not stop him from proudly going around the stands at full-time acknowledging the crowd - perhaps he confused the boos for cheers :lol: ).

After all that mess (the players were only given vending machine sandwiches as a pre-match meal, did not have appropriate warmup gear and we CEs had to buy dinner for some of the players after the game), the SE still WON!
We have been through it all. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Robby, I believe Francis Kumbur "happened" in the UKnand "Hey You" happened in a training session in Nigeria.
No, in Lagos...

Kumbur was among the 42 players (including a couple of other other ‘older’ fringe Eagles like Edith Agoye and Haruna Doda) for Chukwu’s first SE friendlies against Jamaica and Egypt in Lagos. He was so bad that he was hurled off after the first 30 minutes of the first game (2 different squads of 21 each was used to prosecute each game) never to be seen again - and became folklore thereafter. Pretty much the same fate also awaited then CE rave-of-the-moment Peter Ijeh after one of those games.

PS: Undertaker’s version was the fictitious product of the ethnic demagogue Ade Ojeikere, who so despised Chukwu’s SE appointment that he claimed at about the same time that Chukwu substituted Femi Opabumni in the 80-something minute of the game against Angola because Femi did not speak Ibo. SMDH
Odiegwu!

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Gotti wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Spot on...

Really? All those things happened? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Kai, the Super-eagles and their fans don sofa
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.