FIFA Looking to Change Nationality Rules........

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Udokhai hangs: Tonight, na Uzoho vs Olanrewaju in La Lig

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Until these guys publicly state they want to represent Nigeria, I would refrain from including them in any fantasy Nigerian line up. The Sidney San episode from 2010 still pisses me off.
The Sidney Sam case is just a very sad one, not sure if I should laugh or cry for the lad... Dude was the hype of the moment during his wonderful season with Bayern Leukeusen, declared his interest to play for Nigeria, and gave us exciting hopes... While his switch process was in motion, next thing we heard was that he turned cold on Nigeria when Germany came calling, at the end he was used for probably one or two useless friendlies and that was it... nothing was ever heard about the guy again.

Were you guys expecting Germany to stay idle and watch a rival team grow strong? Even if they did not use him, why should they allow a potential rival to grow into a formidable force?

In Germany, the thinking is always long term. They could meet Nigeria in the World Cup, so it in their interest to keep the Super Eagles weak.
I'm sure that would have been the case if Nigeria was grabbing five or six potential German internationals of Nigerian descent but I doubt it that was their reasoning as they allowed Kevin Prince Boateng to play for Ghana and he is a player of a much higher profile and just like Sidney played for Germany from U19-U21 level and his brother Jermain Boateng already played for Germany so that would have been the best time to set an example and ironically Germany met Ghana in the following World Cup and the one after both games featuring the two brothers on either side.
Sidney Sam pretended that he wanted to play for Nigeria to get the attention of the German national team and when his (and agents) plan worked he jumped ship,Germany had to play him as the media would have said they didn't give him a fair shot and lost another player to an African country (like Boateng) after 5 games Germany had no need for the boy and dropped him permanently!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FIFA Looking to Change Nationality Rules........

Post by Guv007 »

Cellular wrote:
Guv007 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Kabalega wrote:If a child born in Africa grows up in Europe but decides to play for his African nation, will the "training" country compensate the original country for "lending" them their child?
Chief Kabalega; you beat me to this question. Let's wait and see how FIFA will deal with such demand by the home countries where the player(s) was/were born. FIFA better be careful with the changes they are thinking of making, else they will destroy the game.

Why not, and exactly what is lending? the Country that provided the training facilities can be compensated for providing the means I feel.
Player development is an investment. The countries typically affected keep the exceptional ones and give us back the 'average' ones. Immigration is changing worldwide. The risk in taking foreign or naturalized citizens is that they now have an option to choose the country that best serves them rather than being used as chattel.

FIFA wants to take it back to when the rich countries will only keep our bests and discard the rest like they are worthless.

But South America develops their players, what's holding many Africans back from doing the same?
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Guv007 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Guv007 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Kabalega wrote:If a child born in Africa grows up in Europe but decides to play for his African nation, will the "training" country compensate the original country for "lending" them their child?
Chief Kabalega; you beat me to this question. Let's wait and see how FIFA will deal with such demand by the home countries where the player(s) was/were born. FIFA better be careful with the changes they are thinking of making, else they will destroy the game.

Why not, and exactly what is lending? the Country that provided the training facilities can be compensated for providing the means I feel.
Player development is an investment. The countries typically affected keep the exceptional ones and give us back the 'average' ones. Immigration is changing worldwide. The risk in taking foreign or naturalized citizens is that they now have an option to choose the country that best serves them rather than being used as chattel.

FIFA wants to take it back to when the rich countries will only keep our bests and discard the rest like they are worthless.

But South America develops their players, what's holding many Africans back from doing the same?
Most major South American club sides have their own academies as they play in competitive professional leagues for a long time where as most Sub Saharan African nations have only recently started embracing the game on a professional and they are not finding that easy.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

I'm sorry, but Awaziem is a much better prospect than Udokhai. I have no idea why some people just need to hype the foreigners...
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

marutimon wrote:I'm sorry, but Awaziem is a much better prospect than Udokhai. I have no idea why some people just need to hype the foreigners...
Most haven't seen him play but put him in their fantasy SE squad and claim he's the next best thing,if he's not fully Nigerian they're going to believe in his ability regardless if they've seen him play or not!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] These are exciting times for Nigerian football
[2] I am delighted that we have a thinking man as our coach in Gernot Rohr
[3] I trust he will be watching developments across Europe very closely
[4] What gladdens me more than anything is his realisation that the current is nowhere near good enough and in desperate need of strengthening
[5] He has cast his net far and wide in search of players, including those of mixed parentage who grew up outside Nigeria
[6] Just imagine where our Eagles would be today without Ekong and Balogun. Would we have qualified for the World Cup without them?
[7] I am glad that Rohr has his sights on Felix Udokhia of Wolfburg in Die Bundesliga. This man is by far our best centreback at the moment. he scored an injury time equaliser last night, earning his team a point
[8] Tonight, in La Liga, Deportivo la Coruna face Girona in what will be a face-to-face encounter between Francis Uzoho and Olanrewaju Kayode, two of our up and coming players at the moment. I trust Rohr will be watching this match closely
[9] Think of the Eagles as a team that has just gained promotion from the second division. We have done well, beating everything in our way but to make an impact in the top flight, we desperately need to strengthen the squad or will get relegated. As you all know, my view is that of the team that qualified for the World Cup, only Balogun, Mikel, Moses and Ndidi would be starters if we really intend going to Russia to compete rather than just participate
[10] Like the rest of you, I eagerly await the team list for the Algeria and Argentina games. I just hope Uzoho, Udokhai, Olanrewaju are among the invitees
Dude, the only player of “mixed parentage” capped by Rohr is Ebuehi, who frankly haven’t done jack...
On the other hand, Balogun and Troost-Ekong have been playing for Nigeria since 2014 and 2015 respectively.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

has Udokhai agreed to play for the SE?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cell,

Why has the title of this thread changed to something that does not have anything to do with the initial post? I read it and I wondered when I posted a thread on "Someone hangs"?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

pajimoh wrote:England don complain
That's the bottom line.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Tbite wrote:I'm on my mobile right now, so unfortunately no thesis.

But one thing they should definitely do is the compensation scheme.

I'm sorry but we are benefitting from the hard work and investment of other countries.

They should be compensated
Frankly, I prefer you much better in thesis mode because this shiet ain't making no damn sense! :taunt:
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Most major South American club sides have their own academies as they play in competitive professional leagues for a long time where as most Sub Saharan African nations have only recently started embracing the game on a professional and they are not finding that easy.
There's nothing stopping African Countries doing the same.
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote:Cell,

Why has the title of this thread changed to something that does not have anything to do with the initial post? I read it and I wondered when I posted a thread on "Someone hangs"?
Sorry, the thread was mistakenly merged.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

If Africa knows what is good for it, CAF should resist this with everything it has got
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Guv007 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:Most major South American club sides have their own academies as they play in competitive professional leagues for a long time where as most Sub Saharan African nations have only recently started embracing the game on a professional and they are not finding that easy.
There's nothing stopping African Countries doing the same.
But the majority haven’t,it’s more to do with their footballing culture and individual clubs finding their identity as competition breeds success!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Here's an idea. Let England compensate Nigeria for all the medals won for her by Nigerian athletes :mrgreen: :!:

Cheers.