Is she the lady to turn female football around for good?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

GG of G
Egg
Egg
Is she the lady to turn female football around for good?

Post by GG of G »

Young amateur made FIFA list and causing uproar.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41718874

But for this goal against our plantain eating friends - she deserves it

[/video]
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Is she the lady to turn female football around for good?

Post by bushboy »

For what? A lucky goal? Just boot the ball up and hope? Nah, not impressed.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

bushboy wrote:For what? A lucky goal? Just boot the ball up and hope? Nah, not impressed.
Say d truth Bruv..... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Just kidding. I am more amused by the noise around her FIFA nomination. But that goal sweet sha. :smile: :smile: :smile:
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Deyna is a fantastic player. Watched played in the last U17 Women’s WC. Baring injuries, she’s headed for glory.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

The old lesbians are pissed off by all the attention, the young "easy on the eye" Venezuelan is getting.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
FIFA no care about women's game? Does Rapinoe have a point?

Post by paj »

Does Rapinoe have a point?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41718874
Megan Rapinoe: 'Fifa doesn't care about women's football'

Fifa has shown it does not care about the women's game by naming a little-known striker on its female player-of-the-year shortlist, World Cup-winner Megan Rapinoe says.

The nominees are US midfielder Carli Lloyd, Dutch forward Lieke Martens and Venezuelan Deyna Castellanos, 18, who does not play in a professional league.

"The award just doesn't hold a lot of weight when you've got someone on the list I've never heard of," said USA's Rapinoe, who has 127 caps and won 2012 Olympic gold and the 2015 World Cup.

Rapinoe, 33, told BBC Sport that the inclusion of rising star Castellanos on the Best Awards shortlist was patronising to the women's game.

"It signals to us and it signals to the rest of the world that Fifa doesn't really care," she said.
◾Deyna Castellanos - the student up for more awards than Messi

Fifa said the award was shortlisted with input from national team coaches, national team captains, media representatives and fans, with each group getting a one quarter weighting.

"The process is clear and transparent and we are not involved in the final selection of nominees," Fifa said in a statement.

"However, we have taken note of the concerns raised by the football community and our fans and will take this feedback on board in future editions of The Best Awards."

But Rapinoe said football's world governing body should have stepped in.

"If some random male player, who was not even a full professional, was nominated, I'm sure they would step in for that, so it's disappointing that the same hasn't been done for us," she said.

Castellanos plays for the Florida State university team and has never represented Venezuela at senior or even under-20 level.

She has 14 goals in 15 games so far for Florida State this season and six in nine for Santa Clarita Blue Heat - the Californian pro-am outfit she turned out for in the off-season.

The awards recognise performances between November 2016 and August 2017, and the winner will be announced at a ceremony at the London Palladium on Monday evening.

Conspicuous by their absence from the shortlist are players like Australia forward Sam Kerr, who became the all-time leading scorer in the National Women's Soccer League in the United States, and England striker Jodie Taylor, who was top scorer at Euro 2017.

Kerr also criticised the nominations saying: "Not surprised really, it's Fifa"

Lloyd, 35, is a two-time World Cup winner and Martens, 24, was player of the tournament at Euro 2017.

Rapinoe, who plays for Seattle Reign, said the shortlist is indicative of an organisation that's "old, male and stale".

Nominated for the men's award are Barcelona's Lionel Messi, Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo and Paris St-Germain's Neymar.

The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

FIFA sees women's football as a distraction. No women's best 11 @ The best? An unknown shortlisted for women's player of the year. It's all a joke. And the secretary general is a woman.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

I think it would be more "patronising" if women football is "given more pizzazz" than it currently deserves just to satisfy political correctness...

Let the women's game earn it on its own merit...
And it surely shall...simply a matter of time

See how quickly the women's game has come within the past decade...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I think they should consider hosting the Women's World Cup with the Men's World Cup. And brand it appropriately...still call it the World Cup.

I.e. use the Olympic effect to attract new attention. Haven't you ever caught yourself flicking through random sports in between Mo Farah and Usain Bolt? "Hey what's this they're doing here, oh pole vaulters strutting their stuff, ain't that something"

In between the men's group stage and the knockout round, you could equally find yourself thirsting for more football, and lo and behold.....MORE FOOTBALL, albeit of the women variety. But when your thirst for football is that high, do you really care?

Repeat for multiple World Cups, and suddenly you're hooked, not to mention they get to share from the financial pot and use those funds to further develop their game.

Costs? I am sure it will be inflated, but not incredibly, I think in the Olympics, multiple sports is one of the biggest killer, but expanding the events for a single type of sport, there should be a lot of overlap. Perhaps increased maintenance, more hotels, more traffic....but not a deal breaker?

Just something to ponder.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Tbite wrote:I think they should consider hosting the Women's World Cup with the Men's World Cup. And brand it appropriately...still call it the World Cup.

I.e. use the Olympic effect to attract new attention. Haven't you ever caught yourself flicking through random sports in between Mo Farah and Usain Bolt? "Hey what's this they're doing here, oh pole vaulters strutting their stuff, ain't that something"

In between the men's group stage and the knockout round, you could equally find yourself thirsting for more football, and lo and behold.....MORE FOOTBALL, albeit of the women variety. But when your thirst for football is that high, do you really care?

Repeat for multiple World Cups, and suddenly you're hooked, not to mention they get to share from the financial pot and use those funds to further develop their game.

Costs? I am sure it will be inflated, but not incredibly, I think in the Olympics, multiple sports is one of the biggest killer, but expanding the events for a single type of sport, there should be a lot of overlap. Perhaps increased maintenance, more hotels, more traffic....but not a deal breaker?

Not a bad idea actually, it's useful to think about at least.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I've just found one hole in the logic though. Clubs are already nervy about scheduling as it is. Sandwiching the events, will lead to stretching out the time frame.

It would have to be neatly packed to still come before August! You are left with some serious logistical challenges. If you build more stadia, costs go up, if you pack in two many consecutive games at a time, the pitches will suffer, if you stretch it out too much, club football start screaming.

Perhaps a partial overlap of the events. It would be nice to have the two finals near, but that might not be possible.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

Tbite wrote:I've just found one hole in the logic though. Clubs are already nervy about scheduling as it is. Sandwiching the events, will lead to stretching out the time frame.

It would have to be neatly packed to still come before August! You are left with some serious logistical challenges. If you build more stadia, costs go up, if you pack in two many consecutive games at a time, the pitches will suffer, if you stretch it out too much, club football start screaming.

Perhaps a partial overlap of the events. It would be nice to have the two finals near, but that might not be possible :agree: :agree: :agree: .
Good idea there Tbite and those holes can easily be plugged. You should think of sending it across to FIFA :clap: :clap:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

GG of G wrote:
Tbite wrote:I've just found one hole in the logic though. Clubs are already nervy about scheduling as it is. Sandwiching the events, will lead to stretching out the time frame.

Perhaps a partial overlap of the events. It would be nice to have the two finals near, but that might not be possible :agree: :agree: :agree: .
Good idea there Tbite and those holes can easily be plugged. You should think of sending it across to FIFA :clap: :clap:
Let's see, play the women's WC first and crown it all with Messi lifting the men's World Cup.

OR

Play the men's first and have the women's come in second.

Then have everyone forget about top international footie for four years as opposed to 2 years.

This is a non-starter.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Kabalega wrote:
GG of G wrote:

Let's see, play the women's WC first and crown it all with Messi lifting the men's World Cup.

OR

Then have everyone forget about top international footie for four years as opposed to 2 years.

This is a non-starter.
Who's the "everyone"? We still have continental tournaments scheduled in between and footballing countries can look to cheer on their teams, not every country is a Uganda.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
GG of G wrote:

OR

This is a non-starter.
Who's the "everyone"? We still have continental tournaments scheduled in between and footballing countries can look to cheer on their teams, not every country is a Uganda.
Choi, see wickeding......Bros u harsh ooooo :scared: :scared: :scared:
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Thunder wrote:Deyna is a fantastic player. Watched played in the last U17 Women’s WC. Baring injuries, she’s headed for glory.
You can say that again.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
Tbite wrote:I think they should consider hosting the Women's World Cup with the Men's World Cup. And brand it appropriately...still call it the World Cup.

Not a bad idea actually, it's useful to think about at least.
WHAT I THINK IS THAT...

...the women should create their own ruling body to end all talk of discrimination. The women can make their own rules and keep all the money. How ridiculous some of these women are when the US women asked to be paid the same as the men, just because they go farther in tournaments.
Bell
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Oguleftie wrote:
Thunder wrote:Deyna is a fantastic player. Watched played in the last U17 Women’s WC. Baring injuries, she’s headed for glory.
You can say that again.
Wow, she must be the female Pele/Maradona/Okocha to elicit what might be the first "optimistic" post I believe I have ever read from Oguleftie. :)
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

It depends how big her booty is.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Great idea! The chauvinistic nature of sports coupled with GREED will NOT let it happen.

What you suggested should be what the women should be advocating for. I suspect some in their ranks won't want the Men's game to overshadow the Women's event.

Games can be doubleheaders... Knockout stage played on rest days for the other teams...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!