Strikers: SE major problem and the options

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Strikers: SE major problem and the options

Post by chief nfachairman »

We currently have issues in the striking department. We do not have any striker in Tier 1 League popping in goals. Ighalo is not deadly enough. we cant go to russia relying on him.
1. ROhr has used 3 Strikers in this qualifier and he seems not satisfied hence the invitation of more strikers (Aaron Samuel, Kayode, Nwaekeme and Osimhen to a lesser extent)

2. Ighalo, Awoniyi, Adegbenro, Dessers, Paul Onuachi and Nwakaeme (All champions league) are the strikers to have more than 4 goals this season.
.Ighalo is in the poor standard league in China while the rest play in Tier 2 and 3 leagues in Europe.
.Based on league tier and number of Goals scored; Nwaekeme (CL), Adegenro (3 in Europa), Dessers and Onuachi are the Top players here.

3. Simy, Kayode, Orji Okonkwo, Sadiq Umar and Nacho are the only players in Top League clubs.
.None have more than 1 goal (Simy and Orji).
.Only Kayode has played nearly all matches.
.Based on League tier, number of goals and games played, Kayode and Simy are the top players here.

4. If a 30man list of invitees for RUssia were to be picked today, Nwaekeme, Dessers, Onuachi, Kayode and Simy shoud be on the list. Would they translate this to success for the SE? Thats another topic for discussion.

5. 3 of this 5 should be on the Algeria list. They could finally stake a claim if they get to start for the next 2 games (Algeria and Argentina some days after) as ROhr has promised fringe players for Algeria.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NIGERIAN STRIKERS: OUR OPTIONS

Nacho (Leicester/ EPL): No goals this season. Hardly played games this season due to injury and when he did, he has been poor. Dropped to the second team by second half of last season in Man City.

Ighalo (CHangchung Yatai/ CHina):
15goals in all competition. The CHinese season is almost over. I honestly dont see anything special or deadly in Ighalo. Gone to a poor Chinese league and he is doing just ok. Highest goalscorer in the league has 25goals. Scored only one goal in the qualifiers.

http://ng.soccerway.com/players/odion-j ... alo/20010/

Ideye: Where is he sef?

Osimhen (Wolfsburg/Germany Bundesliga): No goals this season. Very good striker. Young and deadly. Hasnt had alot of games for Wolfsburg this season and hasnt scored yet. BUt he has till May to show what he is made off. The new wolfsburg coach seems to believe in him. Still not a major option for now.

Nwakaeme (Be'er Sheva/ Isreal D1): 4 champions league qualifier goals this season. nbStrong, skillful, fast with HOT shots. Voted best player in Isreal last season and was 4th highest goalscorer. All in all, he is a solid player but in a low league.

https://www.sporttube.com/play/TodCCCG

Kayode Olarenwaju (Girona/ SPanish Laliga): No goals this season. Highest goalscorer and voted best player in Austria last season. Also did well in Isreal, now he plays in the Laliga and belongs to Man.City. He's been coming in from 46-50min of every game for Girona and while starting 1 match. I expect him to pick up a starting shirt soon and start scoring goals. If he does this, he would be making a strong claim for a starting shirt in the SE. No other NIgerian striker plays in a better league. Next time ROhr meets him, he would see an improved Kayode.

(U20 World club)

Aaron Samuel (CSKA/ Russia D1): No goals this season. hasnt pulled his weight at CSKA. The coach seems to believe in him but anytime he starts he hasnt repaid teh confidence the coach has in him.

Simy Nwankwo (Crotone/ Seria A):
1 goal this season. 6ft 5in striker. Strong, tall, powerful in the air and clinical.

Sadiq Umar (Torino/ Seria A): after a good time on the bench, he has started the last 2 of Torino's matches. We might be onto something soon with him.

Taiwo Awoniyi (MOuscron/ Belgium Jupiler League): 4 goals this season. Been doing a great job this season in a Tier2/3 belgian league.

friday Eze (Kayaspor/ Turkey D1): 2 league goals in the league. DOing well in the Europa league. Strong, fast striker and packs some good shots.

Adegbenro (ROsenberg/ Norway D1): 8 goals in the league, 3 in Europa. Fast and skillful striker. SNapped up by Rosenberg mid-season and has become super regular.

Emmanuel Emenike (Olympiakos/ Greece D1): 3 goals. 2 in domestic cup and 1 in Europe. Not played a league match for a while. Dude should just move to China or Qatar.

Alhaji Gero (Ostersunds/ Norway D1): 2 goals in the Europa league, None in the league. Strong and fast striker.

Paul Onuachi(FC MIdjylland/ Denmark D1) = 8 League goals from 7 games. 4 in Europa. This 6ft 7in has been in Europe since 2012. Finally had a major breakthrough last season and he has been hot. Tall, strong, powerful in the air, skillful and puts his body arround. Should move to a better league by January based on all speculations so far.
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/paul-onu ... uyv3rpw895
http://ng.soccerway.com/players/paul-eb ... hu/279065/

Orji Okonkwo (Bologna/ Seria A): 1 goal this season. Young, fast and skilful. IN and out of the first team.

Cyril Dessers (Utrecht/ Dutch Erendivisie): 4 goals in league, 2 in domestic cup. HE has pledged his future to the SE. He is a fox in the box. HE finishes it off. My only problem is that hin na fine boy. he would nack our naija babes finish.

Last edited by chief nfachairman on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Strikers: SE major problem and the options

Post by The YeyeMan »

Please edit your post so we don't have to horizontal scroll. Try removing the ++ signs
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Mystic is very useless for not doing a proper depth chart, this is a yamtube version. Alhaji Gero as alternate to ighalo? Gerrarrahia mehn!
OCCUPY NFF!!
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Mystic is very useless for not doing a proper depth chart, this is a yamtube version. Alhaji Gero as alternate to ighalo? Gerrarrahia mehn!
Gero is not it at all. However igaho is not a quality striker he will struggle in Russia, I believe we should try out Paul onuachu he will come out good.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

i like Simy
He is big and strong
But he is not in Sadiq's league in terms of quality
I can categorically tell you this
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Mystic is very useless for not doing a proper depth chart, this is a yamtube version. Alhaji Gero as alternate to ighalo? Gerrarrahia mehn!
WHo said Gero is an alternative to Ighalo? DId I even mention him in the opening analysis. ODE!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

smartbrother wrote:i like Simy
He is big and strong
So far, Simy has played more games in the Serie A and has more goals. Again, We have 5 months to go for them to stake a claim to that position.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Striker is the least of our problems.

Our problem areas are fullbacks, centerback depth, goalkeeper and midfield depth.

Iheanacho scored against Cameroon. That is one goal right there.

We have Ighalo, Dressers, Iheanacho, Emenike, Kolanut boy and etc.

Least of our problems.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

This has been a nagging problem, however 3 weeks ago hardly anyone was talking about Uzoho. There is a lot to happen between now and when the WC kicks off. Players are naturally going to play their way into/out of consideration as the season progresses and regardless of what they are doing now, it is their form come May next year that will really matter when the squad lists have to be submitted.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

For now if we play 2 up front, Nacho can play behind either Onyekuru are Kayode. Add Moses and Simon on the wings and the pace will be frightening..

It will be really nice if we can get Tammy Abraham into the mix, with the quality around him in the SE, he may turn out to be one hell of a goal poacher.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

chief nfachairman wrote:
smartbrother wrote:i like Simy
He is big and strong
So far, Simy has played more games in the Serie A and has more goals. Again, We have 5 months to go for them to stake a claim to that position.
Simy has scored one goal this season. From the penalty spot.
He has played more games yes, but Sadiq is up against Bellotti - an €80 million player
So of course he is not going to see as much playing time as some of these other guys

I watched a game involving both players recently
And there was a marked difference between them in terms of ability and impact.
They are directly comparable in that they are both big target men but Sadiq is a MUCH BETTER player.

Btw I am not arguing against a call up for Simy.
I am just giving color to the otherwise lifeless statistic of number of games played
I feel this site is constantly flooded with names - many of whom are overhyped.
When I get to see these players for myself, i think its important to give my feedback
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

osita wrote:
Gero is not it at all. However igaho is not a quality striker he will struggle in Russia, I believe we should try out Paul onuachu he will come out good.

You are definitely an agent!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Oga Chief Nfachairman, striker abi na Center Forward is hardly our problem. We are a counter-attacking team. That's our identity.
The coach loves Ighalo hold up play. We love attacking from the flanks. Hope we have a capable sub for VicMo who puts in double shift on both sides of the pitch.
We also need more guys like Iwobi who can play in tight spaces and have pace on the counter.
Like Ohenhehe said, I will be satisfied if we find 2 additional CD... a bonafide left FB or WB... another battler in midfield... another box-to-box midfielder.

But I actually like our team... I like the Chemistry.

Against Algeria and Argentina, I will be looking if we are capable of playing without Mikel Obi.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Forget about RB issues, it’s sorted out. King Nura is back! He is THE truth! He is here. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Forget about RB issues, it’s sorted out. King Nura is back! He is THE truth! He is here. :thumb:
This is based on him not even kicking a ball all season..
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I keep seeing Dressers on these fantasy lists but he is not even eligible to play for Nigeria (it even states he’ll play if the squad was picked today)!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Even without Desser, Strikers is the least of our problems.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Why would you be looking if we can play without mikel when his fit wen shei re not looking to play without messi
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Mr Shows wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Forget about RB issues, it’s sorted out. King Nura is back! He is THE truth! He is here. :thumb:
This is based on him not even kicking a ball all season..
Yes sir!
OCCUPY NFF!!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

chief nfachairman wrote:We currently have issues in the striking department. We do not have any striker in Tier 1 League popping in goals. Ighalo is not deadly enough. we cant go to russia relying on him.
1. ROhr has used 3 Strikers in this qualifier and he seems not satisfied hence the invitation of more strikers (Aaron Samuel, Kayode, Nwaekeme and Osimhen to a lesser extent)

2. Ighalo, Awoniyi, Adegbenro, Dessers, Paul Onuachi and Nwakaeme (All champions league) are the strikers to have more than 4 goals this season.
.Ighalo is in the poor standard league in China while the rest play in Tier 2 and 3 leagues in Europe.
.Based on league tier and number of Goals scored; Nwaekeme (CL), Adegenro (3 in Europa), Dessers and Onuachi are the Top players here.

3. Simy, Kayode, Orji Okonkwo, Sadiq Umar and Nacho are the only players in Top League clubs.
.None have more than 1 goal (Simy and Orji).
.Only Kayode has played nearly all matches.
.Based on League tier, number of goals and games played, Kayode and Simy are the top players here.

4. If a 30man list of invitees for RUssia were to be picked today, Nwaekeme, Dessers, Onuachi, Kayode and Simy shoud be on the list. Would they translate this to success for the SE? Thats another topic for discussion.

5. 3 of this 5 should be on the Algeria list. They could finally stake a claim if they get to start for the next 2 games (Algeria and Argentina some days after) as ROhr has promised fringe players for Algeria.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NIGERIAN STRIKERS: OUR OPTIONS

Nacho (Leicester/ EPL): No goals this season. Hardly played games this season due to injury and when he did, he has been poor. Dropped to the second team by second half of last season in Man City.

Ighalo (CHangchung Yatai/ CHina):
15goals in all competition. The CHinese season is almost over. I honestly dont see anything special or deadly in Ighalo. Gone to a poor Chinese league and he is doing just ok. Highest goalscorer in the league has 25goals. Scored only one goal in the qualifiers.

http://ng.soccerway.com/players/odion-j ... alo/20010/

Ideye: Where is he sef?

Osimhen (Wolfsburg/Germany Bundesliga): No goals this season. Very good striker. Young and deadly. Hasnt had alot of games for Wolfsburg this season and hasnt scored yet. BUt he has till May to show what he is made off. The new wolfsburg coach seems to believe in him. Still not a major option for now.

Nwakaeme (Be'er Sheva/ Isreal D1): 4 champions league qualifier goals this season. nbStrong, skillful, fast with HOT shots. Voted best player in Isreal last season and was 4th highest goalscorer. All in all, he is a solid player but in a low league.

https://www.sporttube.com/play/TodCCCG

Kayode Olarenwaju (Girona/ SPanish Laliga): No goals this season. Highest goalscorer and voted best player in Austria last season. Also did well in Isreal, now he plays in the Laliga and belongs to Man.City. He's been coming in from 46-50min of every game for Girona and while starting 1 match. I expect him to pick up a starting shirt soon and start scoring goals. If he does this, he would be making a strong claim for a starting shirt in the SE. No other NIgerian striker plays in a better league. Next time ROhr meets him, he would see an improved Kayode.

(U20 World club)

Aaron Samuel (CSKA/ Russia D1): No goals this season. hasnt pulled his weight at CSKA. The coach seems to believe in him but anytime he starts he hasnt repaid teh confidence the coach has in him.

Simy Nwankwo (Crotone/ Seria A):
1 goal this season. 6ft 5in striker. Strong, tall, powerful in the air and clinical.

Sadiq Umar (Torino/ Seria A): after a good time on the bench, he has started the last 2 of Torino's matches. We might be onto something soon with him.

Taiwo Awoniyi (MOuscron/ Belgium Jupiler League): 4 goals this season. Been doing a great job this season in a Tier2/3 belgian league.

friday Eze (Kayaspor/ Turkey D1): 2 league goals in the league. DOing well in the Europa league. Strong, fast striker and packs some good shots.

Adegbenro (ROsenberg/ Norway D1): 8 goals in the league, 3 in Europa. Fast and skillful striker. SNapped up by Rosenberg mid-season and has become super regular.

Emmanuel Emenike (Olympiakos/ Greece D1): 3 goals. 2 in domestic cup and 1 in Europe. Not played a league match for a while. Dude should just move to China or Qatar.

Alhaji Gero (Ostersunds/ Norway D1): 2 goals in the Europa league, None in the league. Strong and fast striker.

Paul Onuachi(FC MIdjylland/ Denmark D1) = 8 League goals from 7 games. 4 in Europa. This 6ft 7in has been in Europe since 2012. Finally had a major breakthrough last season and he has been hot. Tall, strong, powerful in the air, skillful and puts his body arround. Should move to a better league by January based on all speculations so far.
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/paul-onu ... uyv3rpw895
http://ng.soccerway.com/players/paul-eb ... hu/279065/

Orji Okonkwo (Bologna/ Seria A): 1 goal this season. Young, fast and skilful. IN and out of the first team.

Cyril Dessers (Utrecht/ Dutch Erendivisie): 4 goals in league, 2 in domestic cup. HE has pledged his future to the SE. He is a fox in the box. HE finishes it off. My only problem is that hin na fine boy. he would nack our naija babes finish.

Why did you prominently and brazenly exclude Onyekuru and Bonaventure in your write up. Are you one of those who believes both players are not good enough to make Rohr's bench. Hmmmmmm
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Eaglezbeak wrote:I keep seeing Dressers on these fantasy lists but he is not even eligible to play for Nigeria (it even states he’ll play if the squad was picked today)!

Yes he is eligible to play for Nigeria. He does not need a FIFA switch cos he never played for Belgium at any level.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You guys like to write thesis. As far as I am concerned right now, Ighalo is our number one striker. I think Rohr if changes the lone striker strategy he used successfully in the qualifiers, Ighalo will be prolific. Nacho needs to regain his confidence. I would play him as a support striker with Ighalo as the main striker. The only problem with this is that Nacho does not defend well so that will weaken our midfield somewhat.

But as long as victor Moses is healthy, Ighalo will be our main striker in Russia, and we will score many goals.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

ohenhen1 wrote:Striker is the least of our problems.

Our problem areas are fullbacks, centerback depth, goalkeeper and midfield depth.

Iheanacho scored against Cameroon. That is one goal right there.

We have Ighalo, Dressers, Iheanacho, Emenike, Kolanut boy and etc.

Least of our problems.

We scored because we had the support players, in the world cup if we conced first with misses on the team we will struggle. We need players that take their chances.