Ayo is officially the first to succumb to World Cup fever

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

waka-man
Egg
Egg
Ayo is officially the first to succumb to World Cup fever

Post by waka-man »

Here is what the New England Journal of Medicine says about the desease:
There’s an outbreak every four years. Scientists and researchers are yet to find out why.
While the symptoms are clear - incoherent babbling, unnecessary bullet points and an almost autistic obsession with certain numbers (10 is common), the causes - and who is likely to fall for it, are not well understood. Some anecdotal evidence suggests it is prevalent in societies that have recently qualified for a quadrennial sporting competition played every four years, thus its name, World Cup fever.
Sufferers lose all ability to make a clear argument and yet can be fully convinced that they are making sense. You will often hear them use phrases like “do you seriously believe x, y, z”. Usually, x, y, z are indeed, totally believable if you are serious.
The most common manifestation of the illness is of course a form of turrets that is expressed in online forums and social media. Shorn of their ability to regulate themselves emotionally and ontellectually, sufferers have been known to post numerous copies of mildly different versions of the same post making he same point. Over and over and over and over again.

Of course this desease should not be confused with plain ole stupidity. Thats what DumbSister suffers from.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ayo is officially the first to succumb to World Cup feve

Post by The YeyeMan »

When the WC is over he'll be gone and won't return until we qualify for the next AFCON.

We know his type.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

It’s pretty bad right now. The first page of the site is turning into a list of one hypothetical after another
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The grandpa is harassing us with useless posts :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Time to get Nigerians in the right frame of mind for the Mundial. We need to be shaken out of our current lethargy.

These countries are going to Russia hoping to win the World Cup:
Brazil
Germany
Argentina
Italy
Spain
Belgium
France

These countries are hoping they can make the semi finals:
Portugal
Russia
Uruguay
Mexico

All the others will settle for getting to the knock-out stage. Nigerians appears to be content just going to participate. This mindset affects almost everything we do in our national life.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

There's a cure, how much are you guys willing to contribute for the medication and my Visitation fee?
Peter Obi For President 2023
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

It is all about the golden handshake. Where is Emeka again???
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Babalawo wrote:There's a cure, how much are you guys willing to contribute for the medication and my Visitation fee?
:lol: :lol: You guys are making my day. Please continue to contribute, I am enjoying it. Even Ayo himself doesn't seem to care what anyone says about him :rotf: :rotf:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

We are nowhere near the 1994 or 98 teams yet in terms of talent, firepower upfront and confidence. Rohr really has his work cut out.

We have eight months to sort it out though. I am confident Rohr will be up to the task as so far, we appear to think alike.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I swear it’s gettifn worse. The front page of the site is now a joke with post after pointless post. And it’s DumbSister opportunities to talk total offpoint.
A beg Ayo, maybe limit it to one active post at a time? Please?
Otherwise we’ll all lose interest in the site real quick.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

waka-man wrote:I swear it’s gettifn worse. The front page of the site is now a joke with post after pointless post. And it’s DumbSister opportunities to talk total offpoint.
The thing is bad. Really is. But we will cope somehow. If only the posts were informative and illuminating, the pill would be easier to swallow.
To stop trying is to start dying
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo has that fever and it's incurable. The terrible symptoms are triggered by rush of acidic fluid from the gut to the brain brought by wc qualification. The temporary cure is also triggered Nigeria's exit from the wc or the final match, which ever is sooner
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Shownoja wrote:
waka-man wrote:I swear it’s gettifn worse. The front page of the site is now a joke with post after pointless post. And it’s DumbSister opportunities to talk total offpoint.
The thing is bad. Really is. But we will cope somehow. If only the posts were informative and illuminating, the pill would be easier to swallow.
I’m not coping. The site is losing its relevance with these senseless posts since we qualified. It’s not even funny anymlre
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

waka-man wrote:
Shownoja wrote:
I’m not coping. The site is losing its relevance with these senseless posts since we qualified. It’s not even funny anymlre

better Ayo tormenting us b/c we qualified than the Mysterious Dwarf tormenting us if we "DNQ for Werld Kap"
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
waka-man wrote:
Shownoja wrote:

better Ayo tormenting us b/c we qualified than the Mysterious Dwarf tormenting us if we "DNQ for Werld Kap"
small mercies
Oya back to the matter
open and close
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
waka-man wrote:
Shownoja wrote:

Why must there be a tormenting? You arsenalist are so used to being tormented that it's now the norm :tic: :sneaky: :taunt:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

pajimoh wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
waka-man wrote:
Shownoja wrote:

Why must there be a tormenting? You arsenalist are so used to being tormented that it's now the norm :tic: :sneaky: :taunt:
It's a Goat is a Spudite.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Time to get Nigerians in the right frame of mind for the Mundial. We need to be shaken out of our current lethargy.

Brazil
Germany
Argentina
Italy
Spain
Belgium
France

Portugal
Russia
Uruguay
Mexico

All the others will settle for getting to the knock-out stage. Nigerians appears to be content just going to participate. This mindset affects almost everything we do in our national life.
Italy????
Oya back to the matter
open and close
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Prince wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Time to get Nigerians in the right frame of mind for the Mundial. We need to be shaken out of our current lethargy.

Brazil
Germany
Argentina
Italy
Spain
Belgium
France

Portugal
Russia
Uruguay
Mexico

Italy????
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: According to him Italy will win it from the other non world cup nation competition
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I’m surprised he’s not betting on Ivory Coast to win it