Return of Enyeama: NFF Reportedly frowns on it........

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Return of Enyeama: NFF Reportedly frowns on it........

Post by Enugu II »

Meanwhile, note that NFF's Secretary, Sanusi, is publicly telling the media that NFF will not interfere with Rohr's invitation of players.
ROHR’S ROAD NOT CLEAR YET FOR ENYEAMA
https://www.sportsvillagesquare.com/201 ... t-enyeama/
3 HOURS AGO
Twitter Facebook Google + Linkedin Comments
BY BOLAJI OKUNOLA.

The coast may not be clear yet for former Nigeria’s goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama to return to the Super Eagles’ fold.

A highly and very reliable source within the Super Eagles informed Sports Village Square that the atmosphere for Enyeama to return after his self imposed international exile is still fouled.

It was gathered that the Franco-German coach, Gernot Rohr, who has never hidden his wish to have Enyeama back into the team, may have been told by the Nigeria Football Federation chiefs to drop the idea of inviting Enyeama.

After Nigeria qualified for the World Cup earlier this month, Rohr expressed his desire to have an experienced goalkeeper in his squad that will face the best of the bests in Russia next year.

His clamour for the return of the 101-capped Enyeama started following the recurring illness of his successor, Carl Ikeme who was later to be diagnosed with acute leukaemia. Since, the Super Eagles have had to gamble with options.

It was only in the back-to-back encounters with Cameroon that Ikechukwu Ezenwa appeared to have stamped his authority in the goalpost. Even then, Rohr still desires a reliable back-up as he begins to think of a World Cup squad.

Enyeama will be making his fourth appearance in the World Cup should he eventually make the list. He debuted in the global scene as a successor to Ike Shorunmu in Nigeria’s last match with England at the 2002 edition.

Since then, he has gone to feature seven other World Cup matches in 2010 and 2014.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Return of Enyeama: NFF Reportedly frowns on it........

Post by felarey »

Looks like someone wrote an article for cheap ratings. Didn't say anything. Just floated an Enyeama story. Click bait.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

This Enyeama issue is gradually getting out of hand. I hope it will not turn out to be a curse for our darling Eagles. Enyeama has since retired from the national team, please let him enjoy his retirement
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote:This Enyeama issue is gradually getting out of hand. I hope it will not turn out to be a curse for our darling Eagles. Enyeama has since retired from the national team, please let him enjoy his retirement
Odas, you be my guy but your determination to keep Enyeama out get as e be.
All I know is that the day Enyeama saves our a$$es in a MOM performance against Argentina or Brazil or Germany in the WC, belleh go sweet you sotay you will not remember your campaign to shut him out.
Just keep it neutral bro.
The most important thing is to have the best hands available for the SE and if Rohr believes he is one of our top three GK options, so be it.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:This Enyeama issue is gradually getting out of hand. I hope it will not turn out to be a curse for our darling Eagles. Enyeama has since retired from the national team, please let him enjoy his retirement
All I know is that the day Enyeama saves our a$$es in a MOM performance against Argentina or Brazil or Germany in the WC, belleh go sweet you sotay you will not remember your campaign to shut him out.
The most important thing is to have the best hands available for the SE and if Rohr believes he is one of our top three GK options, so be it.
When you hear of agents, realize that it works both ways. Promote and cockblock is the name of the game. :sneaky:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

How much do u want to bet that certain agents are determined yo see Akpeyi go to Russia

I mean we already heard how Agu was telling Rohr that Akpeyi was better than Ezemwa.

These crooks will sabotage our hopes

Akpeyi must not go to Russia. He is complete garbage, I remember him even in that Luxembourg friendly where he kicked a ball straight to the opponents. The giy makes at least one horrific mistake every match. We cannot afford this at WC level.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

I'LL BELIEVE THIS IF...

...someone can tell me the last time the NFF had the nerves to tell an FC what to do. With an IC, that'd be no problem. But an FC?

That said, I think the coach should be allowed to pick his players. There has to be something very wrong about a player for the NFF to overrule a coach and I'm not sure that's the case here.
Bell
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:
Chief Damunk, thanks a lot for the input and for your suggestions in your response to my post. As suggested, I am being as neutral as possible in this Enyeama's (EA) issue; however, I am having a lot of difficulties understanding why EA should be recalled. Who asked him to leave or who kicked him out of the team? If he was "kicked out" of the team, then he can be recalled.

Unfortunately, he BOLDLY announced his RETIREMENT from the national team and abandoned us in Tanzania when the nation, the fans, NFF and his teammates needed him the most. I dare say we never recovered from his abandonment, the wahala generated by him and so we never made the AFCON tournament of 2016. Some might apportion blames to coach Oliseh which is fine, but again, who asked EA to leave the team? If a person cannot RESPECT his/her boss in any organization, the individual will fail (there is a price to pay).

As the Captain of the team, he is a player and a "semi team-manager." Therefore, if there is a dispute between players or a player and the coaching crew, he is to control or manage it. Such is even more true when the dispute involves him and his boss. We all know challenging one's boss in public has never ended well, so scheduling a "private" meeting and trashing out the dispute puts both parties in a good stead. In such approach, both have ways out of the commotion and apologies are tendered when necessary, from there, respect for each other increases and the "team unity" becomes stronger

In EA's case, he failed as a Captain. In addition to his rudeness to his boss, he announced his RETIREMENT from the team on his own accord. Why are some people calling for his return now that we have qualified for Russia? Is it for him to come and create wahala of some sort and to derail our concentration and team unity?

Some have suggested EA's beef was the promotion of Carl Ikeme to number one goalkeeper and until I know some other things, I will simply say "it might be." Either way, we NEED our best in Russia and I believe we can easily find a good goalkeeper between now and the next six months instead of calling for EA to come back.

Again, Chief Damunk - thanks a lot Sir - for your response to my post
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Odas wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Chief Damunk, thanks a lot for the input and for your suggestions in your response to my post. As suggested, I am being as neutral as possible in this Enyeama's (EA) issue; however, I am having a lot of difficulties understanding why EA should be recalled. Who asked him to leave or who kicked him out of the team? If he was "kicked out" of the team, then he can be recalled.

Unfortunately, he BOLDLY announced his RETIREMENT from the national team and abandoned us in Tanzania when the nation, the fans, NFF and his teammates needed him the most. I dare say we never recovered from his abandonment, the wahala generated by him and so we never made the AFCON tournament of 2016. Some might apportion blames to coach Oliseh which is fine, but again, who asked EA to leave the team? If a person cannot RESPECT his/her boss in any organization, the individual will fail (there is a price to pay).

As the Captain of the team, he is a player and a "semi team-manager." Therefore, if there is a dispute between players or a player and the coaching crew, he is to control or manage it. Such is even more true when the dispute involves him and his boss. We all know challenging one's boss in public has never ended well, so scheduling a "private" meeting and trashing out the dispute puts both parties in a good stead. In such approach, both have ways out of the commotion and apologies are tendered when necessary, from there, respect for each other increases and the "team unity" becomes stronger

In EA's case, he failed as a Captain. In addition to his rudeness to his boss, he announced his RETIREMENT from the team on his own accord. Why are some people calling for his return now that we have qualified for Russia? Is it for him to come and create wahala of some sort and to derail our concentration and team unity?

Some have suggested EA's beef was the promotion of Carl Ikeme to number one goalkeeper and until I know some other things, I will simply say "it might be." Either way, we NEED our best in Russia and I believe we can easily find a good goalkeeper between now and the next six months instead of calling for EA to come back.

You sound like you are prostrating to Damunkey.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Odas wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Your problem is that you talk too much sense. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The problem with people who are collecting money form Enyeama, is that they want to rewrite history. Like the Obaseki family, they think when time has passed by, they can lie that what we all know did not happen. They want us to believe that Oliseh BANISHED their benefactor from the team. They want us to believe that Oliseh held a gun to their benefactor's head so that he can announce retirement. We were all here when it happened. Their hot headed, okra cutting, unstable benefactor decided to make our ANC qualification about himself, and threw a tantrum! Thinking that out country will collapse for ever! But God stood by us and raised us to where we are today.

Enyeama is not taking care of my family or feeding my wife and children, so I can be bold enough to say, "Thank you, Vince for your services, but we want to honor your decision-- you are retired!"

There are at least 2-3 cybereagles members whose family cannot feed, until Vince sends that check! We know them!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:
Odas wrote:
Damunk wrote:

:laugh: :laugh: 1Naija, perhaps so; if you say so, but everyone or most people like to be treated or addressed with respect. DAMUNK did exactly such in his response to my post and as such, he DESERVES respect in return.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Odas wrote:
1naija wrote:
Odas wrote:
Damunk wrote:

:laugh: :laugh: 1Naija, perhaps so; if you say so, but everyone or most people like to be treated or addressed with respect. DAMUNK did exactly such in his response to my post and as such, he DESERVES respect in return.
If you respect him so much why are you not calling him by his real name, DaMunkey?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Odas wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Very well said! This is what the Enyeama fan boys don't get. Well... this is the same place where people were hailing Osaze for slapping Mikel with slippers on the eve of our last WC game. You take real men to war to be successful, I'm talking real men that can take an ego hit. Not my way or the highway kinda folks. For Vincent, this is not his first time behaving this way. He did it to Siasia too, perhaps Keshi was able to talk him out of retirement then.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

We don't want Enyeama, anyway guys see what it takes to get to a world cup. We have spent money risked life to get there and start to fight over 3000 dollars bonus.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Rohr on Enyeama's return:

[/video]

...and the great Peter Rufai wants him back!

[/video]

End of debate.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Rohr has spoken on the Enyeama situation and anybody that does not like it can....... I suppose Enyeama is sending cheques to Rohr's family as well.
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote:Rohr has spoken on the Enyeama situation and anybody that does not like it can....... I suppose Enyeama is sending cheques to Rohr's family as well.
Hmm.. you might be on to something here. Rohr himself did say a while back that he had not been paid, but he was okay. What does okay mean??? How can you be okay when you have not been paid?? How is he surviving?? We also know that ROhr has been eating okra soup, but he does not have a house help to prepare it... Enyeama has also had free time since January, as he has not been playing... we also know that Enyeama can make a mean okra! Adding 1 + 1 together... Odiegwu!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

danfo driver wrote:
Odas wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Your problem is that you talk too much sense. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The problem with people who are collecting money form Enyeama, is that they want to rewrite history. Like the Obaseki family, they think when time has passed by, they can lie that what we all know did not happen. They want us to believe that Oliseh BANISHED their benefactor from the team. They want us to believe that Oliseh held a gun to their benefactor's head so that he can announce retirement. We were all here when it happened. Their hot headed, okra cutting, unstable benefactor decided to make our ANC qualification about himself, and threw a tantrum! Thinking that out country will collapse for ever! But God stood by us and raised us to where we are today.

Enyeama is not taking care of my family or feeding my wife and children, so I can be bold enough to say, "Thank you, Vince for your services, but we want to honor your decision-- you are retired!"

There are at least 2-3 cybereagles members whose family cannot feed, until Vince sends that check! We know them!
Crazy Danfo-driver :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote:
Dammy wrote:Rohr has spoken on the Enyeama situation and anybody that does not like it can....... I suppose Enyeama is sending cheques to Rohr's family as well.
Hmm.. you might be on to something here. Rohr himself did say a while back that he had not been paid, but he was okay. What does okay mean??? How can you be okay when you have not been paid?? How is he surviving?? We also know that ROhr has been eating okra soup, but he does not have a house help to prepare it... Enyeama has also had free time since January, as he has not been playing... we also know that Enyeama can make a mean okra! Adding 1 + 1 together... Odiegwu!
:lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe, just maybe, Enyeama is making some "Okra soup" for coach Rohr - these days - in an attempt to convince the coach to call him back. I won't doubt the capability of Enyeama and his men at this point doing whatever they can for Enyeama to go to Russia based on how desperate they are now. In fact, they might be supplying coach Rohr with some ladies as well :tic: :tic: ... Bribery at its BEST!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

danfo driver wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Last edited by Enugu II on Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved