Rohr On Alert: Bundesliga Teen Deji of Eintracht Franfurt

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EagleEye
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr On Alert: Bundesliga Teen Deji of Eintracht Franfur

Post by EagleEye »

His uncle is ex-Super Eagles, Dimeji Lawal
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

EagleEye wrote:His uncle is ex-Super Eagles, Dimeji Lawal
Seriously?! Then he's got some real balling genes. No wonder he's very aware of u17. Lawal was legendary in Canada 87. Imagine dribbling like 4 defenders until you are face to face with keeper. Then suddenly referee blows for a free kick saying someone fouled u 2 players ago. That final game against The Soviets still dey vex me till today. FIFA rules like "advantage play" have really come a long way
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

If he is a lefback, Rohr has no choice than to take a look at him. Nothing may come of it but I would at least invite him to train with the team.
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/28/ev ... m-in-2015/

The boy even wrote a letter to Amunike for him to be included in the 2016 team. I’m really impressed with the boy’s passion for Nigeria and our culture unlike some useless agbero striker in London. Call the boy to camp ASAP even if it’s just to practice with the team. Reward him and encourage him. We lost Alana to to Austria, can u imagine if we had Alaba now?

If this boy gets a run of games and shows class the Germans will swoop him up pronto. Imagine, we don’t even need to beg his father.
why did Amunike shun this guy inspite of his interest?..No bown envelope I guess ?
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

dhoney wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/28/ev ... m-in-2015/

The boy even wrote a letter to Amunike for him to be included in the 2016 team. I’m really impressed with the boy’s passion for Nigeria and our culture unlike some useless agbero striker in London. Call the boy to camp ASAP even if it’s just to practice with the team. Reward him and encourage him. We lost Alana to to Austria, can u imagine if we had Alaba now?

If this boy gets a run of games and shows class the Germans will swoop him up pronto. Imagine, we don’t even need to beg his father.
why did Amunike shun this guy inspite of his interest?..No bown envelope I guess ?
Not fair to make such allegations, and believe me, I know corruption happens in our football and generally in Nigeria in a brazen and disgusting way, but to mention Amuneke's name and suggest corruption, makes it seem like a direct accusation, and that is not fair.

Manu Garba and Amuneke embarked on an extensive nationwide search for talent at the U-16 level. They also had the products of the NFF youth (or more appropriately, Child) developments program to leverage on. It is tough to have them discard all of that for some Nigerian kid abroad that they've not had the opportunity to work with.

Secondly, you just don't know who got the letter or e-mail. Some Secretary or Admin Assistant could have trashed or deleted the correspondence, and that would be the end of that.

Thirdly, a lot of times, you have to physically fly down to camp (parent and child), lto show what you can do. That could be a $5000 - $10,000 expense, including airfare, hotels etc for at least 2 people. Not all the parents of these foreign Naija kids are that well to do. Alaba's Dad was a DJ, I think.

There are also the safety concerns (in the mind of abroad Nigerians). I think Iwobi's father followed him to camp the first time he was invited, so most of them will not send their 15 year old alone to Nigeria, which reinforces the financial question.

There was the story of the US parent(s) that went with their kid to the Nigeria U-17 camp and there was the MRI controversy (maybe they didn't settle :wink: ). They raised quite a storm afterwards. It is tough to spend that much money and watch your kid cast aside.

So having an interest, and the ability to (financially) validate that interest are two very different things.

You can also understand why the NFF would want to lean towards home grown talent at the U-17 level (Absolutely no quotas should be considered at the senior level)
Last edited by truetalk on Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ogasir wrote:
1naija wrote:
ogasir wrote:He even wears custom made green white green shinguards.

That's it! We must cap him. :roll:
Is that your requirement for capping a player?
:roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

truetalk wrote:
dhoney wrote:

Not fair to make such allegations, and believe me, I know corruption happens in our football and generally in Nigeria in a brazen and disgusting way, but to mention Amuneke's name and suggest corruption, makes it seem like a direct accusation, and that is not fair.

Manu Garba and Amuneke embarked on an extensive nationwide search for talent at the U-16 level. They also had the products of the NFF youth (or more appropriately, Child) developments program to leverage on. It is tough to have them discard all of that for some Nigerian kid abroad that they've not had the opportunity to work with.

Secondly, you just don't know who got the letter or e-mail. Some Secretary or Admin Assistant could have trashed or deleted the correspondence, and that would be the end of that.

Thirdly, a lot of times, you have to physically fly down to camp (parent and child), lto show what you can do. That could be a $5000 - $10,000 expense, including airfare, hotels etc for at least 2 people. Not all the parents of these foreign Naija kids are that well to do. Alaba's Dad was a DJ, I think.

There are also the safety concerns (in the mind of abroad Nigerians). I think Iwobi's father followed him to camp the first time he was invited, so most of them will not send their 15 year old alone to Nigeria, which reinforces the financial question.

There was the story of the US parent(s) that went with their kid to the Nigeria U-17 camp and there was the MRI controversy (maybe they didn't settle :wink: ). They raised quite a storm afterwards. It is tough to spend that much money and watch your kid cast aside.

So having an interest, and the ability to (financially) validate that interest are two very different things.

You can also understand why the NFF would want to lean towards home grown talent at the U-17 level (Absolutely no quotas shi=ould be considered at the senior level)
Very wise post. Thank you for this.

I also think Nigerian born players only have U17 and U20 to really perform, after that they have either made it or not.
Meanwhile the European-born players will be given a chance to develop at youth level and only when he is truely deemed not good enough will he be dropped. Hence Nigerian-born players should even get preferential treatment, but it should be a clear policy, so that foreigners understand the who and what.
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

We need to keep an eye on this kid for the LB position. Idowu no be am at all. Honestly we should cap the kid now before the German NT notices him
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Agents
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ogasir wrote:We need to keep an eye on this kid for the LB position. Idowu no be am at all. Honestly we should cap the kid now before the German NT notices him
What has he done for you lately, ooh-ooh-ooh-yeah? :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "