Rohr and Agents......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Rohr and Agents......

Post by Enugu II »

Agent Confesses- Eagles Coach Rohr Turned Down Big Money To Invite My Player
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/27/ag ... my-player/
October 27, 20170147

The appointment of Gernot Rohr has made it almost impossible for player agents to buy their way into the senior national team of Nigeria according to a player agent who spoke with Owngoalnigeria.com.

Since the coming of Rohr over a year ago, a lot has changed in the fortunes of the Super Eagles on the pitch, but more significant is the progress made outside the pitch.

” A lot has changed especially for us who are player agents, I don’t know about others but I use to have six players in the Super Eagles, some I paid for them to be called up, while some were there on merit”, he told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” I must confess I have not given money directly to any coach before, but there are guys who do the leg work and get the job done but with Rohr nobody wants to take such risk. His body language is enough to discourage you.

“Presently I have one player in the team and he isn’t doing badly at all‎, which is why he is still in the team, at a time I have a player who is now playing in a league not befitting for his standard.

” I tried using the Super Eagles to increase his market value but despite my big money offer, I was told in clear terms that Rohr works with his scouts who are mostly unknown. He will collect the player’s name and ask them to monitor”, he concluded.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Abbey
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr and Agents......

Post by Abbey »

Who is to say this is not a made up story? Neither the agent nor the player(s) name is mentioned!!
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

This story sounds like someone who is sitting on the toilet with his laptop making up stories due severe boredom.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

:rotf: This sounds like something an agent told his friend so he starts spewing all he knows whilst drinking at the bar!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

He has never given money to any coach
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

Very likely has some truth. Look at the 3 passengers we took to the last World Cup and the other passenger that missed an empty net from 3 feet away in a prior World Cup ...

<
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Don't worry he will still take Nigeria has a way of breaking down the most righteous.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Abbey wrote:Who is to say this is not a made up story? Neither the agent nor the player(s) name is mentioned!!
I don't think this story is real, I think someone just made it up which anyone of us could have done after having a BAD dream :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The problem with people is that they want to believe what feels good to them. I hope Rohr is actually turning them down...because the truth is there is a pay and get invited racket going on. Every time i go home, the sort of stories i hear ,even me who was once in the system i struggle. But i hear the stories from people who are deep in the system.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

oloye wrote:The problem with people is that they want to believe what feels good to them. I hope Rohr is actually turning them down...because the truth is there is a pay and get invited racket going on. Every time i go home, the sort of stories i hear ,even me who was once in the system i struggle. But i hear the stories from people who are deep in the .
So which players are paying to play?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

:) Body language
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

oloye wrote:The problem with people is that they want to believe what feels good to them. I hope Rohr is actually turning them down...because the truth is there is a pay and get invited racket going on. Every time i go home, the sort of stories i hear ,even me who was once in the system i struggle. But i hear the stories from people who are deep in the system.
Oloye, are you a friend of Nigeria football or not? you claim you know stuff yet you are not exposing the things you claim you know eventhough it's hurting Nigeria football you supposedly love. Do you love Nigeria football or not?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

1naija wrote:
oloye wrote:The problem with people is that they want to believe what feels good to them. I hope Rohr is actually turning them down...because the truth is there is a pay and get invited racket going on. Every time i go home, the sort of stories i hear ,even me who was once in the system i struggle. But i hear the stories from people who are deep in the system.
Oloye, are you a friend of Nigeria football or not? you claim you know stuff yet you are not exposing the things you claim you know eventhough it's hurting Nigeria football you supposedly love. Do you love Nigeria football or not?
This is a well know practice. The Naija journos have stories.

<
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

General Trousers wrote:Very likely has some truth. Look at the 3 passengers we took to the last World Cup and the other passenger that missed an empty net from 3 feet away in a prior World Cup ...

<
Only 3? My bro, they were up to 8 passengers in that WC squad.
I am happy
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

1naija wrote:
No my pitakwa brother i am enemy of Nigerian football! :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho