La Liga: Uzoho out of Deportivo clash with Las Palmas

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
La Liga: Uzoho out of Deportivo clash with Las Palmas

Post by Sir V »

Kai! I was looking forward to the match.

https://www.aclsports.com/la-liga-uzoho ... as-palmas/

Nigerian teenage goalkeeper Francis Uzoho will not take part in RC Deportivo’s Monday night clash with Las Palmas in the Spanish Primera Division, reports www.aclsports.com.

Uzoho had kept goal in Deportivo’s last two league games, a draw at Eibar followed by a loss to Girona last Monday – a result which culminated in the sack of manager Pepe Mel.

On the appointment of former Deportivo’s youth team coach Cristobal Parralo till the end of the season, the former Aspire Academy goalkeeper was dropped for the experienced Przemyslaw Tyton and Costel Pantilimon for their Copa Del Rey clash with UD Las Palmas last Thursday.

Both teams will go toe-to-toe once again on Monday night at Las Palmas’ Estadio de Gran Canaria in a league game and Uzoho has not been called up by Parralo for the game.

Eighteen players were called up by the manager on Sunday afternoon including the aforementioned goalkeeping duo, Tyton and Pantilimon as well as former Arsenal striker Lucas Perez.

Deportivo are still without striker Adrian Lopez who had a shoulder complication after the Girona game. The Coruna based side are placed 16th on the La Liga log with eight points, two ahead of Monday’s opponents Las Palmas who are in 18th with six points.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: La Liga: Uzoho out of Deportivo clash with Las Palmas

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He's the 3rd goalie and the other 2 were injured. No suprise at all.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Did the Deportivo manager clear this decision with Ayo Akinfe? :sneaky:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Gotti wrote:Did the Deportivo manager clear this decision with Ayo Akinfe? :sneaky:
Abeg no mind am. When I was telling the joker to be cautious, he was rather throwing caution to the wind.
I am happy
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:He's the 3rd goalie and the other 2 were injured. No suprise at all.
But in the 2 games that he played in, Pantilimon was on the bench...

It's not necessarily surprising that a new manager (even one familiar with him) will seek to shake up a few things on taking over the reigns of management. It's merely a slight setback for him (and of course selfishly for us), and I am heartened that he performed well when he was granted his chance in both games that he started and that he has gained valuable top-level experience. I hope (and indeed believe) that he will be back in the swing of things in the course of the season. Best wishes to the lad!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

Can I also add that he kept goal for his team in the Segunda yesterday and kept a clean sheet.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Will still like to see him to come to camp and be coached by the National team coaches. If he doesn't make the 2018 squad. He will be in the pipeline for 2022.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
That was cold :rotf:
Gotti wrote:Did the Deportivo manager clear this decision with Ayo Akinfe? :sneaky:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo don jinx am and he wont show face on this post. Anyways the games were valuable experiences for him.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Make Uzoho's club no put san-san for my garri-o! Please field the young man so he can gain more experience before the world cup comes.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

doctorollie wrote:Can I also add that he kept goal for his team in the Segunda yesterday and kept a clean sheet.
Div. 3 is too low, but :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

No problem... and no hard feelings.

I once again appeal to all the Cyberbrothers who have Baba in their families to do the right thing for the good of the nation. 4-6 goals is encouraged. But if the spirit moves your baba and he wants 7, 8 or even 9. We are not going to begrudge him.

Please, lets do the needful. I dont want to mention names, but ... :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Uzoho has played 5 games in the III division. He's conceeded 1 goal and had 4 clean sheets.

I decided to check out the one goal he conceeded (vs Coruxa) and came upon this:
[/video]

0:45 Point blank save.
2:06 The goal he conceeded - a rocket.

Given how poor Tyton was in midweek... Uzoho really seems on the rise.
I've looked at this forum and everyone thinks Uzoho is better than Tyton. They absolutely abhor Tyton...

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/foru ... php?t=8842
http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/foru ... php?t=8833
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote:No problem... and no hard feelings.

I once again appeal to all the Cyberbrothers who have Baba in their families to do the right thing for the good of the nation. 4-6 goals is encouraged. But if the spirit moves your baba and he wants 7, 8 or even 9. We are not going to begrudge him.

:agree: :agree: :agree: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Can these babas you speak of help to heal Vince faster and get him a club in January?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Uzoho will be back. Watch this space o ye of little faith!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Uzoho will be back. Watch this space o ye of little faith!
Not sure what faith has to do with it since he was only playing because of injuries to the regulars. I hope they go back to him, but if they don't I hope you wouldn't be pushing for a Div. III GK to start the WC...but knowing you anything is possible :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4 wrote:
Not sure what faith has to do with it since he was only playing because of injuries to the regulars. I hope they go back to him, but if they don't I hope you wouldn't be pushing for a Div. III GK to start the WC...but knowing you anything is possible :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I maintain that Francis Uzoho is Nigeria's best goalkeeper today. Him being dropped for today's game has not changed my view on that. I am not as fickle as the northern wind, so do not change my position from week to week.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Uzoho will be on the eagles list today.

https://www.rcdeportivo.es/noticia/fran ... um=twitter
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

walesvilla wrote:Uzoho will be on the eagles list today.

Good! At least he is invited. Now needs to convince us he is good enough to go to Russia, either as a number one or number two goalkeeper for us - in the absence of Carl.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Francis Uzoho, a goalkeeper who recently debuted in an official match with RC Deportivo, has been called up for the first time by Nigeria, for the last qualifying match for the 2018 World Cup and a friendly.

Francis, who made his debut at LaLiga Santander two weeks ago in Eibar and repeated his title at home to Girona, has been called up by the Nigerian Federation for the matches against Algeria and Argentina on 10 and 14 November respectively.

Nigeria, already qualified for the finals of the World Cup next summer, will close the tie-off against Algeria at the Chahid Hamlaou stadium in Constantine, Algeria, on Friday 10 November. On Tuesday November 14 will play a friendly against Argentina at Krasnodar Stadium in Krasnodar (Russia).

The goalkeeper will be present at the Nigerian concentration in Morocco on Monday, November 6, after the weekend in which the Dépor will receive Atletico Madrid and the Fabril will do the same with the Gimnástica Segoviana.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

I maintain that Francis Uzoho is Nigeria's best goalkeeper today. Him being dropped for today's game has not changed my view on that. I am not as fickle as the northern wind, so do not change my position from week to week.
Oga, you declared him a starter at the WC after he played one game of first team ball, that's the definition of 'fickle as the northern wind'...thank God he's been invited so we can all see.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:

Can these babas you speak of help to heal Vince faster and get him a club in January?
hmmm.. it is a possibility! We all know what Obong Itatex's Baba almost did to Oliseh, which made Sunday flee the country and he hasnt returned since. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: