Joel Obi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Joel Obi

Post by pajimoh »

Joel has no place in the SE until he's able to stay injury free for a full season or two. Places is at a premium without losing a perennial injury prone player in the first few games of the tournament
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Etebo no be AM (attacking midfielder).
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

pajimoh wrote:Joel has no place in the SE until he's able to stay injury free for a full season or two. Places is at a premium without losing a perennial injury prone player in the first few games of the tournament

Injuries do happen in sports and not many can go a full season or two without getting hurt.

Joel simply needs to show that he's not an injury risk anytime breeze blows in his direction.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

pajimoh wrote:Joel has no place in the SE until he's able to stay injury free for a full season or two. Places is at a premium without losing a perennial injury prone player in the first few games of the tournament
You have no place at your job until you're able to be at work on time every day, and outperform everyone else, as well as work on holidays, and never be sick for 2 years. Stop being ridiculous.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Nostradamus
Egg
Egg

Post by Nostradamus »

Joel Obi was rated man of the match yet was subbed in the 65th minute. Possibly another injury? Can anyone confirm?
"An African team will win the 2010 World Cup"- Nostradamus
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cally wrote:
You have no place at your job until you're able to be at work on time every day, and outperform everyone else, as well as work on holidays, and never be sick for 2 years. Stop being ridiculous.
Stop being an arse. The truth is the truth. Even Obi and his club will be praying for a season or two injury free. Everytime he goes down will take a toll on him psychologically. His club has been good and I pray they continue to be. Apam and our boy who used to play in Germany where not that lucky.
Obi doesn't need international distractions right now that might even put him in conflict with his club. If, God forbid, he gets injured on international duty, I'm sure his club will be chuffed.

You might not agree or like the way I express it but Obi is not needed and should concentrate on his club career and health.
Last edited by pajimoh on Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

mystic wrote:

Injuries do happen in sports and not many can go a full season or two without getting hurt.

Joel simply needs to show that he's not an injury risk anytime breeze blows in his direction.
Guess what, breeze do blow, even in Russia and that's my point. The regularity of his injury means you might not be able to count on him for even two full games in the group stage. Any sane person will look at his record for the past 3 seasons. The boy need to concentrate on getting his body right and getting his contract renewed
Last edited by pajimoh on Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

pajimoh wrote:
Cally wrote:
Stop being an arse. The truth is the truth. Even Obi and his club will be praying for a season or two injury free. Everytime he goes down will take a toll on him psychologically. His club has been good and I pray they continue to be. Spam and our boy who used to play in Germany where not that lucky.
Obi doesn't need international distractions right now that might even put him in conflict with his club. If, God forbid, he gets injured on international duty, I'm sure his club will be chuffed.

You might not agree or like the way I express it but Obi is not needed and should concentrate on his club career and health.

He's needed if he can stay healthy.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

mystic wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Cally wrote:
Stop being an arse. The truth is the truth. Even Obi and his club will be praying for a season or two injury free. Everytime he goes down will take a toll on him psychologically. His club has been good and I pray they continue to be. Spam and our boy who used to play in Germany where not that lucky.

Whether he's needed is not the question here. Anyone who cares about Obi would and should advise him to concentrate on getting his body right and with his club. The support structure at club level is infinitely better than what he'll get with Nigeria
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ndidi.......J Obi

Mikel

Ogu as backup DM and Onazi if Obi gets injured or needs to be subbed. We can win it folks
OCCUPY NFF!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Ndidi.......J Obi

Mikel

Ogu as backup DM and Onazi if Obi gets injured or needs to be subbed. We can win it folks
Win what?
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Joel Obi and Mikel midfield combination in the early days of Siasia's coaching tenure was the best thing to watch, especially in the first leg qualifier against Ethiopia in Abuja, imagine a midfield now of Mikel, Joel, Ndidi, and Onazi... Dream set up right there.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Looks like Joel is a huge fans choice. Well it may all boil down to his physical fitness. Joel really worries me as like Apam, Obodo and Christopher, he just cannot stop getting injured.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Kpom!

I don't know what the fuss over the boy is all about. It is like having a dead cellphone or a phone without network... dat wan nobe rock/stone?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Cally wrote:
You are the one being ridiculous.

Part of the job is showing up and being dependable.

It is not taking up a spot of someone who is more reliable and dependable. If dude wants to be considered he MUST finish the season injury free.

How many World Cups must we take half fit players or players just coming back from an injury?

The guy plays a position where there are capable replacements who I will take over a half fit Joel.

The dude simply has an injury problem!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Cellular wrote:
Cally wrote:

It is not taking up a spot of someone who is more reliable and dependable. If dude wants to be considered he MUST finish the season injury free.

How many World Cups must we take half fit players or players just coming back from an injury?

The guy plays a position where there are capable replacements who I will take over a half fit Joel.

I agree with you, and it is not impossible. He should look to Ronaldo Lima, who came back from horrendous injuries to annihilate the competition.

It is unlikely at this stage, but not impossible.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

The glassman.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

In 1982, Paulo Rossi was injured until a few months before the World Cup. Look at what happened!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cally wrote:
cally you be my guy, but this your point makes no sense.... Footballers are replaced easily, but for Jobs you have to go through all the logistics, HR, experience etc
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
01bakana
Egg
Egg

Post by 01bakana »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:In 1982, Paulo Rossi was injured until a few months before the World Cup. Look at what happened!
I stand corrected but I believe Rossi was not injured but had just returned from suspension over match fixing.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

01bakana wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:In 1982, Paulo Rossi was injured until a few months before the World Cup. Look at what happened!
I stand corrected but I believe Rossi was not injured but had just returned from suspension over match fixing.
You are right too. He was banned until early 1982 as well. By the time he came back, the combination of injury and a lack of action made him look awful. He was pilloried in the Italian media during the group stages for wandering around the pitch aimlessly.

However, ultimately, class cannot be caged forever. Let us see what kind of season Joel Obi has. He may end up having a blinder!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote:
Cally wrote:

You seem to be meeting Naijarians for the first time? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

mystic wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Cally wrote:

KPOM, any other opinion is based on sentiments. There is no argument about it, a fit Joel Obi adds value to the SE squad. His injury record has improved, for the first time in ages he had a pre season preparation and it showed in his game. He has been injured ONCE this season and was out for 6 weeks and he is now fit. He is probably the most important player after Bellotti in Torino and is gradually being eased back into action, hence he is not playing 90 minutes. He is playing as a CM and he drives Torino forward.
I am happy