SE List - confirmed C NWAKALI called!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE List - confirmed C NWAKALI called!!

Post by The YeyeMan »

bushboy wrote:I don't know what Esiti has done to warrant his continued exclusion. He played really well whenever he was called upon in GWG.
I agree. I thought he played well when he came on vs Zambia. The competition for midfield places is pretty strong.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The YeyeMan wrote:
bushboy wrote:I don't know what Esiti has done to warrant his continued exclusion. He played really well whenever he was called upon in GWG.
I agree. I thought he played well when he came on vs Zambia. The competition for midfield places is pretty strong.
Esiti is too one dimensional for this team, he plays one position in one way only and he’s slow.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Esiti is too one dimensional for this team, he plays one position in one way only and he’s slow.
I though I was the only one that noticed, he's a pure destructive player without much finesse going forward, we should be past that type of (Olofinjana, Prince Ekong) player...the likes of Ndidi and Onazi are the type of two way midfielders we need with speed and lungs to contribute on both sides of the ball, comfortable with the ball at their feet and can pass. Etebo also, but seems he's dropped in the pecking order.
Last edited by maceo4 on Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Gotti wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:I see just two new faces. This is a good list.
Bros, weren't you and Ayo just babbling on about using these games to test new players? :D
In fairness, na uncle Ayo wey dey advocate for 19 new players :taunt:
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

danfo driver wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:Good list with good insertion of new players. Onyekuru is a good one.

Not dold on Nwaksli especially when Ifeanyi Mathew is doing better in the same league. Eventually, i expect Joel obi (if he stays fit) and Esiti to be the new additions to the mf. And k.nwaksli if he can be regular this season in VVV.

Still expecting the call up for kayode and onuachi. They have many more months to show the gaffer that they deserve serious consideration
How often does Obi stay fit? I like Obi as a player, but no serious coach will take Obi seriously. Its not his fault, but he has a serious injury history and you cannot build a team with a player like that. That is the kind of player you take to the world cup, he plays the first game and he is amazing, plays the second game and gets injured and he is out of the whole world cup. Are you going to waste one slot on a player you cant trust to stay healthy???

Sir, this is NOT playstation!
I said "if he stays fit". I didnt expect him to be called up for this round of matches and I dont expect him to be called up for any match in January either. BUt if he stays fit, I expect him to be called up for the final camp in May.

And whether you like it or not, he is one of our top3 midfilders in Europe (When he stays fit for upto 1month)
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Flex Swift wrote:This team list makes a bold statement which is loud and clear. Many who contributed and sabotaged our previous world cups by supporting the replacement of players that fought for qualification with wastepipes and the club less will be very upset. They know themselves they shamelessly supported the selection of Reuben, Uchebo, Sola, Babatunde and co. Now with a foreign coach no chance for that rubbish. Any player that has not put in his application to change nationality now will not be cleared by FIFA in time for the World Cup so forget about them being called up for a friendly it not going to happen.

ROhr did not say he would not invite players who didnt take part in the worldcup qualification. It is more of, to make it to this team now, you have to prove that you are absolutely better than those that qualified us for the WC. If there would be no new players, why is Onyekuru and Nwakali on the list.

AGain, i support his approach 100%.

This is what ROhr said in his interview:

“The players who qualified us for the World Cup, I don’t forget them,” Rohr said.

“Maintaining exactly the same team (for the World Cup) will be difficult as the team will keep changing because of injuries and some of the players not playing regularly at their clubs.

“We will continue to follow these players, but perhaps we will need in one, two positions better players, possibly a better team.”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

chief nfachairman wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:Good list with good insertion of new players. Onyekuru is a good one.

Not dold on Nwaksli especially when Ifeanyi Mathew is doing better in the same league. Eventually, i expect Joel obi (if he stays fit) and Esiti to be the new additions to the mf. And k.nwaksli if he can be regular this season in VVV.

Still expecting the call up for kayode and onuachi. They have many more months to show the gaffer that they deserve serious consideration
How often does Obi stay fit? I like Obi as a player, but no serious coach will take Obi seriously. Its not his fault, but he has a serious injury history and you cannot build a team with a player like that. That is the kind of player you take to the world cup, he plays the first game and he is amazing, plays the second game and gets injured and he is out of the whole world cup. Are you going to waste one slot on a player you cant trust to stay healthy???

Sir, this is NOT playstation!
I said "if he stays fit". I didnt expect him to be called up for this round of matches and I dont expect him to be called up for any match in January either. BUt if he stays fit, I expect him to be called up for the final camp in May.

And whether you like it or not, he is one of our top3 midfilders in Europe (When he stays fit for upto 1month)

Oh! you are absolutely right! He is, and I like it! :clap:

But whether you like it or not, HE WILL NOT BE CALLED UP! AND NOTHING YOUR TEARS CAN DO TO CHANGE THAT! MAKE E PEPPER YOU WELL WELL! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
I though I was the only one that noticed, he's a pure destructive player without much finesse going forward, we should be past that type of (Olofinjana, Prince Ekong) player...the likes of Ndidi and Onazi are the type of two way midfielders we need with speed and lungs to contribute on both sides of the ball, comfortable with the ball at their feet and can pass. Etebo also, but seems he's dropped in the pecking order.
I think Agu and Ogu (both good players by the way) are just as one-dimensional. Even Ify Ify who's always on the standby list is pretty much a destroyer too
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
I think Agu and Ogu (both good players by the way) are just as one-dimensional. Even Ify Ify who's always on the standby list is pretty much a destroyer too

GOOD! so you agree that we have 2 one-dimensional player??? and yet you want us to have more? :roll:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

danfo driver wrote:
niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

GOOD! so you agree that we have 2 one-dimensional player??? and yet you want us to have more? :roll:
Maybe we can dimensionalize our stock of one-dimensional players :D

Pretty sure what all the people bringing up Esiti mean is that we should bring him in to compete with the other guys similar to him in the team.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Agu is not as one dimensional as some say. He looks very comfortable bringing the ball up the field and makes good decisions. Ogu strikes the ball very well and is a goal scoring threat, however, he's not quick enough and doesn't cover enough ground. Onazi, Ndidi, and Agu cover more ground than Ogu and make their presence felt defensively.

Haven't seen enough of Esiti to rate him.
niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote: