Morocco name squad, plan to fly 8,000 fans to Abidjan

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Morocco name squad, plan to fly 8,000 fans to Abidjan

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Tobi17 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:http://www.cafonline.com/en-US/NewsCent ... E4CA%3D%3D

See the squad Ivory Coast used against Mali:

Squad
Goalkeepers: Sylvain Gbohouo (TP Mazembe/COD) Axel Kacou (Tours/FRA), Horthalin Blé Zadi (Africa Sports/CIV)

Defenders: Serge Aurier (Paris SG/FRA), Eric Bailly (Manchester United/ENG), Lamine Koné (Sunderland/ENG), Wilfried Kanon (Den Haag/NED), Adama Traoré (Goztepe/TUR), Joris Gnagnon (Rennes/FRA), Ghislain Konan (Vitoria Guimaraes/POR)

Midfielders: Cheick Doukouré (Levante/ESP), Franck Kessié (AC Milan/ITA), Geoffroy Serey Dié (FC Basel/SUI), Jean Michaël Séri (Nice/FRA), Seko Fofana (Udinese/ITA), Sékou Sanogo (Young Boys/SUI), Jean-Philippe Gbamin (Mainz/GER)

Forwards: Maxwel Cornet (Lyon/FRA), Gervinho (Hebei Fortune/CHN), Salomon Kalou (Hertha Berlin/GER), Seydou Doumbia (Sporting Lisbon/POR), Roger Assalé (Young Boys/SUI), Jonathan Kodjia (Aston Villa/ENG), Wilfried Bony (Swansea)

I do not believe Morocco will be able to withstand this.
You obviously haven't watched this Morroco team play, it's a very solid and compact team and they have been playing some delightful football under Renard... CIV will have their work cut out for them in these encounter

Is this not Morocco and Ivory Coast playing a 0-0 draw in Rabat:

There is nothing to this team!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Squad
Goalkeepers: Sylvain Gbohouo (TP Mazembe/COD) Axel Kacou (Tours/FRA), Horthalin Blé Zadi (Africa Sports/CIV)

Defenders: Serge Aurier (Paris SG/FRA), Eric Bailly (Manchester United/ENG), Lamine Koné (Sunderland/ENG), Wilfried Kanon (Den Haag/NED), Adama Traoré (Goztepe/TUR), Joris Gnagnon (Rennes/FRA), Ghislain Konan (Vitoria Guimaraes/POR)

Midfielders: Cheick Doukouré (Levante/ESP), Franck Kessié (AC Milan/ITA), Geoffroy Serey Dié (FC Basel/SUI), Jean Michaël Séri (Nice/FRA), Seko Fofana (Udinese/ITA), Sékou Sanogo (Young Boys/SUI), Jean-Philippe Gbamin (Mainz/GER)

Forwards: Maxwel Cornet (Lyon/FRA), Gervinho (Hebei Fortune/CHN), Salomon Kalou (Hertha Berlin/GER), Seydou Doumbia (Sporting Lisbon/POR), Roger Assalé (Young Boys/SUI), Jonathan Kodjia (Aston Villa/ENG), Wilfried Bony (Swansea)

But Mali withstood that?
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

King Futcha wrote:

Squad

But Mali withstood that?
Could Morocco beat Mali?
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
King Futcha wrote:

Squad

But Mali withstood that?
Could Morocco beat Mali?
Yes, 6-0.
Saints baby we did it
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

King Futcha wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
King Futcha wrote:

Squad

But Mali withstood that?
Could Morocco beat Mali?
Yes, 6-0.
Kapow!! What a slap. :lol: That one was heard all the way in Ibadan. :lol: :lol:

Wha choo looking at?!
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

CIV go use "Tactical" win this one..their problem be say the thing no dey enter plane or them for don win World Cup.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Squad

yet Mali, Gabon, and Guinea have already been able to "withstand it"

Morocco is far better than all of those teams.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

Squad

You obviously haven't watched this Morroco team play, it's a very solid and compact team and they have been playing some delightful football under Renard... CIV will have their work cut out for them in these encounter

Is this not Morocco and Ivory Coast playing a 0-0 draw in Rabat:

There is nothing to this team!

CIV has regressed since that game, and guess what Morocco has much improved.

Like I said if CIV finally decides to find themselves and play to their potential, then I can see them winning. Odds are however they will play the same spineless football they have been playing for a while, and if so it is very possible they will even lose at home.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Someone needs to tell Ayo this is 2017 not 2012. IVC is a shell of its past. They have lost to the likes of Guinea and Gabon at home and failed to beat a hapless Mali away. They also failed to get out of their group in the AFCON this year. Morocco OTOH is much improved and have not conceded a goal in the group stages. Its going to be a tight game but I think Maroc will squeeze thru with a draw.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

bret- hart wrote:Someone needs to tell Ayo this is 2017 not 2012. IVC is a shell of its past. They have lost to the likes of Guinea and Gabon at home and failed to beat a hapless Mali away. They also failed to get out of their group in the AFCON this year. Morocco OTOH is much improved and have not conceded a goal in the group stages. Its going to be a tight game but I think Maroc will squeeze thru with a draw.
I think Morocco will squeeze through. CIV are not the side they used to be.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

On September 5 1027, Morocco and Mali met: http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/ro ... l#nosticky

Someone please remind me of the scores again:

Nothing dey this Morocco team my people. Some of you are going on like they are the 1986 team of Boudebala, Timouni, Zaki, El-Khairi, etc.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Time for high and unforgetable drama once again.

I expect CIV to attack and attack and attack and in yet in one silly moment in mid 2nd half to succumb to a moment of madness of a counter attack and a painful lone goal.

CIV 0
Maroc 1
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Ivory Coast 3-0 Morocco
I think Ivory coast will win as well, though I don't know the number of goals they will score. On the other hand, which of the two teams will represent Africa better? Whichever team will make Africa proud, I want the team to win and go to Russia.
Last edited by Odas on Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Goldleaf wrote:Time for high and unforgetable drama once again.

I expect CIV to attack and attack and attack and in yet in one silly moment in mid 2nd half to succumb to a moment of madness of a counter attack and a painful lone goal.

CIV 0
Maroc 1

Morocco have not scored one goal away from home. They drew 0-0 in Gabon and Mali. Why would they now suddenly be able to start winning on the road?
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:On September 5 1027, Morocco and Mali met: http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/ro ... l#nosticky

Nothing dey this Morocco team my people. Some of you are going on like they are the 1986 team of Boudebala, Timouni, Zaki, El-Khairi, etc.
0-0, if it happens again they will go to the World Cup.
Saints baby we did it
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Morocco will park the bus....play for a draw.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

King Futcha wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:On September 5 1027, Morocco and Mali met: http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/ro ... l#nosticky

0-0, if it happens again they will go to the World Cup.

Watch Wilfred Boni come up with the goods when his country needs him.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

nanijoe wrote:CIV go use "Tactical" win this one..their problem be say the thing no dey enter plane or them for don win World Cup.
Mark that brain setting bro...You get am. :D

Unless of course Morocco is highly "Tactical" which is a real possibility :twisted:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

truetalk wrote:CIV 1 - 2 Maroc.
I guess I was gracious to CIV. I knew Morocco was going to beat them at home, but I thought they would at least get a goal. Useless team.

I've actually wasted my money watching going to the stadium to see these clowns in 2 WCs and they never fail to disappoint.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

IVC do choking rather well.
truetalk wrote:
truetalk wrote:CIV 1 - 2 Maroc.
I guess I was gracious to CIV. I knew Morocco was going to beat them at home, but I thought they would at least get a goal. Useless team.

I've actually wasted my money watching going to the stadium to see these clowns in 2 WCs and they never fail to disappoint.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

I have not been active per soccer threads but the while looking through the thread, pre and post game, it took me wayyyy back to my impression of Ayo. Just noise lots of it 17 years and counting :)
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Ivory Coast 3-0 Morocco

Ayo.... 20 years and counting still can't pick a game to save his life! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
olu wrote:Pretty strong squad. I can see Morocco getting a win or draw in Abidjan.
Rubbish! Tears will flow in Morocco after the game.

Another prophet of doom! Tears ko, fright ni! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!