Arsenal 0 vs 0 Red Star Belgrade FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Arsenal 0 vs 0 Red Star Belgrade FT

Post by anikulapo »

Waffi smh this guy na wah
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kajifu wrote:LINE-UPS

Arsenal v Red Star Belgrade (20:05 GMT)

A reminder of the line-ups.

Arsenal: Macey, Nelson, Debuchy, Elneny, Holding, Maitland-Niles, Coquelin, Willock, Walcott, Giroud, Wilshere. Subs: Cech, Akpom, Da Silva, McGuane, Nketiah, Osei-Tutu, Sheaf.

Red Star Belgrade: Borjan, Stojkovic, Le Tallec, Savic, Gobeljic, Krsticic, Donald, Srnic, Kanga, Radonjic, Boakye. Subs: Supic, Frimpong, Racic, Hadzic, Babic, Milic, Pesic.
wetin be this ? nah which kind squad be this? so assnal just pick players from assanal fan tv to go play belgrade or whatever?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Congratulations on qualifying for the next round of the Europa :D
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

toyin133 wrote:Congratulations on qualifying for the next round of the Europa :D
Congratulations on winning a trophy. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Waffiman wrote:
toyin133 wrote:Congratulations on qualifying for the next round of the Europa :D
Congratulations on winning a trophy. :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is the thanks I get for trying to be nice :sad: :sad:
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Arsenal 0 vs 0 Red Star Belgrade

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Piss poor performance .... few exceptions were Macey and Debuchy and El Neny.

Wenger again is limiting Reiss Nelson to accommodate Walcrap in the squad and Giroud should have been dropped and given a more mobile attacking threat like Akpom in a game like this.

Problem with Wenger unlike Pep, Jose, conte and even pochettino is that they are not afraid to drop players for the better of the team.

This crap is ridiculous .... the squad is so piss poor
Yeah! I see Pep playing all these youth players and not the expensive ones he spent all that ridiculous money buying.

Wenger can chose to play Reiss, Niles, Eddie etc. etc out of position. He knows better than any, how to develop and make young players achieve their potential. He has been doing it for over 40 years. I don't know where you get this limiting one to accommodate another from. It is BS.

Look at Niles as an example, can you not see how he is getting better and better. Even Reiss, you go and watch his first game, then watch him last night. There is a huge difference. I give you a tip, look at his positioning, how many times was he caught out last night when compared to his first game? Look at Holding, which side of the 3 is he better? Look at Niles, what a player he is looking to be, when he finally gets into that central position, his appreciation of the defensive side of his game will come natural, also he will have better spatial awareness and his close control is already so mush improved. I see a fine player in the making in Niles and it is thanks to the meticulous and peculiar program of development the Manager has set him. This is what this is all about, for every young player on that pitch, it is a learning experience.

The football was good in the 2nd half and ironically, it was the best football these group of players have produced despite winning 3 and drawing one of their games in this competition so far. For young players like Reiss, football is not all about running and dribbling at this level, we already know what they can do with their natural abilities, it is now about doing far more, it is about learning how to play this game, it is about being put in difficult situations to see how you adapt mentally and footbalistically. Wenger has done this from day 1 at Arsenal, many have failed, many have succeeded. Many have succeeded initially and failed to progress and develop.

Instead of insults, and false equivalence to Pep, the Manager should be given credit. Yesterday for example against Red Star, Wenger who many of you here want out put his neck on the line like he has done all season, knowing a bad result will be turned into a crisis, by having 13 English players and used 8 of them. Just look how many of them were young developing players. But he gets no credit, for 3 wins and a draw and qualification, all he gets are insults and negativity. I read crap from people who do not even know how to set up a team and have never set up a team telling Wenger how to do it. I mean, how ridiculous is that? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Waffi,

This is why I call you a Slow Learner and a text book and an OPTA stats football maga :taunt:

Anyone who has played and coached football knows that past 13-15 years, depending on the rate of development, you should start focusing on positional specialization for a young player. Rather than playing them all over the field and making them a jack of all trades, you begin to focus on a position that will best utilize and maximize their physical And technical abilities.

Even Wenger has been quoted as saying that if you don't have it as a teenager that you will ever have it. I will use Iwobi as an example. Anyone with a half a football brain knows that playing up wide is not his best position. He is an inside left or right or a playmaking #10. Playing young players in positions that don't suit them past their teenage years make them struggle, lose confidence and subject them to ridicule and pressure from impatient fans. It is no surprise what happened to Alex last season after breaking through the year before.

I will use Victor Moses another example. Two coaches, Keshi and Brendan Rodgers both played him as a #10 and he was an absolute disaster and he totally lost his way as a player. It took Conte to keep it simple and utilize his best attributes which is as a wide player to not only save his Chelsea career but his football career as a whole at the top level.

And you keep up this nonsense that oh "Arsene Knows" best about young players? Really?

Pray tell the last young players that has broken into the Arsenal team and developed into a world class player?

Is it Walcrap, the OX, or Sanogo :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: where is his so called expertise????

Has Bellerin not regressed after breaking in? Same for Walcrap, Gibbs, Szcz, Holding, .... and oh where are the great youth right backs you claimed we're on board and hiding in the youth ranks :rotf: :rotf:

This nah ya problem. Outside of stats your eyes and brain cannot understand football :taunt: :taunt:
This ya sheepish: "Arsene knows" would fly a decade ago .... but not today.

Reiss Nelson is an inside right or a playmaking #10. Playing him as a wingback is wasting his best attributes ...

Maitland Niles is best as an Ngolo Kante hybrid #6. His best game for Arsenal has been at that position. He doesn't have the guile to play out wide. Allow him to be a ball hunter and drive the team forward from deep and see This kid flourish.

I could go on and on but it's pointless, you no sabi football so wetin man go do :rotf:

:taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Piss poor performance .... few exceptions were Macey and Debuchy and El Neny.

Wenger again is limiting Reiss Nelson to accommodate Walcrap in the squad and Giroud should have been dropped and given a more mobile attacking threat like Akpom in a game like this.

Problem with Wenger unlike Pep, Jose, conte and even pochettino is that they are not afraid to drop players for the better of the team.

Yeah! I see Pep playing all these youth players and not the expensive ones he spent all that ridiculous money buying.

Wenger can chose to play Reiss, Niles, Eddie etc. etc out of position. He knows better than any, how to develop and make young players achieve their potential. He has been doing it for over 40 years. I don't know where you get this limiting one to accommodate another from. It is BS.

Look at Niles as an example, can you not see how he is getting better and better. Even Reiss, you go and watch his first game, then watch him last night. There is a huge difference. I give you a tip, look at his positioning, how many times was he caught out last night when compared to his first game? Look at Holding, which side of the 3 is he better? Look at Niles, what a player he is looking to be, when he finally gets into that central position, his appreciation of the defensive side of his game will come natural, also he will have better spatial awareness and his close control is already so mush improved. I see a fine player in the making in Niles and it is thanks to the meticulous and peculiar program of development the Manager has set him. This is what this is all about, for every young player on that pitch, it is a learning experience.

The football was good in the 2nd half and ironically, it was the best football these group of players have produced despite winning 3 and drawing one of their games in this competition so far. For young players like Reiss, football is not all about running and dribbling at this level, we already know what they can do with their natural abilities, it is now about doing far more, it is about learning how to play this game, it is about being put in difficult situations to see how you adapt mentally and footbalistically. Wenger has done this from day 1 at Arsenal, many have failed, many have succeeded. Many have succeeded initially and failed to progress and develop.

Instead of insults, and false equivalence to Pep, the Manager should be given credit. Yesterday for example against Red Star, Wenger who many of you here want out put his neck on the line like he has done all season, knowing a bad result will be turned into a crisis, by having 13 English players and used 8 of them. Just look how many of them were young developing players. But he gets no credit, for 3 wins and a draw and qualification, all he gets are insults and negativity. I read crap from people who do not even know how to set up a team and have never set up a team telling Wenger how to do it. I mean, how ridiculous is that? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Waffi,

This is why I call you a Slow Learner and a text book and an OPTA stats football maga :taunt:

Anyone who has played and coached football knows that past 13-15 years, depending on the rate of development, you should start focusing on positional specialization for a young player. Rather than playing them all over the field and making them a jack of all trades, you begin to focus on a position that will best utilize and maximize their physical And technical abilities.

Even Wenger has been quoted as saying that if you don't have it as a teenager that you will ever have it. I will use Iwobi as an example. Anyone with a half a football brain knows that playing up wide is not his best position. He is an inside left or right or a playmaking #10. Playing young players in positions that don't suit them past their teenage years make them struggle, lose confidence and subject them to ridicule and pressure from impatient fans. It is no surprise what happened to Alex last season after breaking through the year before.

I will use Victor Moses another example. Two coaches, Keshi and Brendan Rodgers both played him as a #10 and he was an absolute disaster and he totally lost his way as a player. It took Conte to keep it simple and utilize his best attributes which is as a wide player to not only save his Chelsea career but his football career as a whole at the top level.

And you keep up this nonsense that oh "Arsene Knows" best about young players? Really?

Pray tell the last young players that has broken into the Arsenal team and developed into a world class player?

Is it Walcrap, the OX, or Sanogo :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: where is his so called expertise????

Has Bellerin not regressed after breaking in? Same for Walcrap, Gibbs, Szcz, Holding, .... and oh where are the great youth right backs you claimed we're on board and hiding in the youth ranks :rotf: :rotf:

This nah ya problem. Outside of stats your eyes and brain cannot understand football :taunt: :taunt:

Reiss Nelson is an inside right or a playmaking #10. Playing him as a wingback is wasting his best attributes ...

Maitland Niles is best as an Ngolo Kante hybrid #6. His best game for Arsenal has been at that position. He doesn't have the guile to play out wide. Allow him to be a ball hunter and drive the team forward from deep and see This kid flourish.

I could go on and on but it's pointless, you no sabi football so wetin man go do :rotf:

I have seen Wenger develop almost every young player at Arsenal using similar methods. Name me one of these Coaches that has given more opportunities and developed young players in this 13 to 15 years you mention than Wenger. Wenger knows where all his players fit in his plans, he will as usual work on each individual player.

I cannot even believe I am even arguing on this issue. The man's work speaks for itself. The current Arsenal squad is littered with examples.

Wenger has a track record of developing young players for over 40 years. You??????

I rest my case. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Waffi,

I have seen Wenger develop almost every young player at Arsenal using similar methods. Name me one of these Coaches that has given more opportunities and developed young players in this 13 to 15 years you mention than Wenger. Wenger knows where all his players fit in his plans, he will as usual work on each individual player.

I cannot even believe I am even arguing on this issue. The man's work speaks for itself. The current Arsenal squad is littered with examples.

Wenger has a track record of developing young players for over 40 years. You??????

Psst Big Bro abeg forget all di grammar and name is the last world class youth player developed by Arsene ...: dem dey pay Kings ransom for the likes of Ousmane Dembele, Walker from toto, Mbappe and even Coutinho and Sterling .... where are the big bucks for the Youth developed by Arsene?

Waffi Les Prof na yesterday’s man Biko ... even the best have a shelf life

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Waffi,

Psst Big Bro abeg forget all di grammar and name is the last world class youth player developed by Arsene ...: dem dey pay Kings ransom for the likes of Ousmane Dembele, Walker from toto, Mbappe and even Coutinho and Sterling .... where are the big bucks for the Youth developed by Arsene?

Waffi Les Prof na yesterday’s man Biko ... even the best have a shelf life
You don't win 3 FA cups in 4 years if you are past it. Look at Arsenal's current squad and see the numbers of Academy players in the squad and playing at senior level. Fact! Arsenal gave the most playing minutes to young and Academy players last season.

I do not know what you mean by world class but to me non of the players above are world class. Mbappe might become WC, but right now, he is not. Another problem, is standards. I have very high standards when I use phrases like 'great' or 'WC'. WC players are few and far between, so that's no barometer to judge any Coach. Wenger has of course worked with one or two in his time.

As for Walker, you truly don't know. :lol: :lol: :lol: Walker is not a youth product of Spuds. If you go by the definition of youth or Academy player in this country, he is not. Besides, he worked under different coaches at Spuds. I ignored your Alex example cos you na my man. :D :D But anybody else, I for pieces them. How many games did Alex play out of playing inside left or right or a playmaking #10? You know Alex na my boy.

I repeat. Wenger has a track record of developing young players for over 40 years. You??????