Germany Calls Uduokhai!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bell
Egg
Egg
Re: Germany Calls Uduokhai!

Post by Bell »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Bell wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Bell wrote:EVERYTIME THIS SUBJECT COMES, I'LL ALWAYS CHIME IN TO SAY...

...the best way to stock the SE with good players is for Nigeria to accept the responsibility of developing its players. If and when foreign kids can fill a role and they are willing, then get them.
Bell
You are talking long term. Between now and the World Cup, we are not going to make ncovrr more than maybe one local player.

The World Cup is for finished products. As things stand, we have no choice than to look for talent wherever we can find them.
YOU'RE RIGHT...

...I'm talking long-term. My concern is that, for the NFA, short-term solutions have a way of becoming long-term. If they think they're succeeding poaching these foreign kids, they'll put nothing in place for the long-term. Sort of how the national govt ignored agric after finding oil.
Bell
What are our clubs doing to scout players?
CLUBS WILL SCOUT FOR THEIR TEAMS, AND...

...the NFA should develop for the NT.
Bell
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

He was a German youth international so they obviously where first to know of him!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

Again I ask - what is the pathway for local players when our default is to go for players developed by other countries?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Bell wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Bell wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

...the best way to stock the SE with good players is for Nigeria to accept the responsibility of developing its players. If and when foreign kids can fill a role and they are willing, then get them.
Bell
You are talking long term. Between now and the World Cup, we are not going to make ncovrr more than maybe one local player.

The World Cup is for finished products. As things stand, we have no choice than to look for talent wherever we can find them.
YOU'RE RIGHT...

...I'm talking long-term. My concern is that, for the NFA, short-term solutions have a way of becoming long-term. If they think they're succeeding poaching these foreign kids, they'll put nothing in place for the long-term. Sort of how the national govt ignored agric after finding oil.
Bell

Bell
Since when did the NFF have responsibility for player development? They is the function of academies and club sides.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Bell wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Bell wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Bell

YOU'RE RIGHT...

Bell

Bell
Since when did the NFF have responsibility for player development? They is the function of academies and club sides.
They should be in charge of grass roots,they should regulate the sport from the foundations obviously if they are a Football Federation (the nations major football association) then of course they need to take responsibility or they don’t really know their purpose but anyway it’s a Nigerian organisation so......
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

ogiso wrote:Again I ask - what is the pathway for local players when our default is to go for players developed by other countries?
Just like in any other profession in Naijaria, if you are good enough, you turn pro (foreign) to be noticed.

That's the sad reality of our country.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Bell wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Bell wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Bell

YOU'RE RIGHT...

Bell

Bell
They should be in charge of grass roots,they should regulate the sport from the foundations obviously if they are a Football Federation (the nations major football association) then of course they need to take responsibility or they don’t really know their purpose but anyway it’s a Nigerian organisation so......
If the clubs do not have academies they are producing players what do we do? What the NFF needs to do us pass laws making it compulsory for every club side to have a youth team.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

ogiso wrote:Again I ask - what is the pathway for local players when our default is to go for players developed by other countries?

Why can't the two processes happen concurrently?
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

1naija wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/11/03/mo ... -uduokhai/

Looks like Our begging has been for nothing so far.Abraham, now Uduokhai gets a call. Maybe Pinnick will learn to keep quiet.
So you are criticizing Pinnik for going after these players yet you are here 24/7 celebrating our qualifying for Russia on the backs of players like ikeme, Victor Moses, Balogun, Ekonhg, and now Ooa Aina? Does that make sense to you?
Don't mind these shameless Nigerians. A country that exemplifies the phrase "big for nothing".
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
1naija wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/11/03/mo ... -uduokhai/

Looks like Our begging has been for nothing so far.Abraham, now Uduokhai gets a call. Maybe Pinnick will learn to keep quiet.
So you are criticizing Pinnik for going after these players yet you are here 24/7 celebrating our qualifying for Russia on the backs of players like ikeme, Victor Moses, Balogun, Ekonhg, and now Ooa Aina? Does that make sense to you?
Don't mind these shameless Nigerians. A country that exemplifies the phrase "big for nothing".
(1) John Chidozie
(2)Tunji Banjo
(3) Reuben Agboola
(4) Efan Ekoku
(5) Obafemi Martins
(6) Victor Moses
(7) Leon Balogun
(8) William Ekong
(9) Carl Iheme
(10) George Abbey
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Some people are bombarding NFF with mails of how they can help scout for players developed by other countries.

Same people are daily bombarding the players offering them WC places if they play for Nigeria.

Those people are doing it for filthy lucre!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

We want to reap where we did not sow :sad:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Bell

Some of you think Nigeria's 2018 World Cup salvation lies at the feet of British and German under 21 players. The good news here is that not all Nigerians think like you :!:

Cheers.
Should we drop the following then:

Leon Balogun
William Ekong
Victor Moses
I guess we should never have called up Carl Iheme either. Maybe it was a mistake to even use Tunji Banjo, John Chidozie, Reuben Agboola and George Abbey too!
What is wrong with you? You obviously like he sound of your voice and the fact that you're not making any sense is of no relevance to you whatsoever. Which of the players you mentioned above are under 21 or even close to it? The fact is, a few years ago, we went after youngsters we believed could help us in the long term and now, they're ready. Youngsters like Uduokhai should be left alone to mature. Even Aina, despite the masturbatory ejaculations by some of you, will only get to play a bit role in the World Cup; as it should be :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I always knew this would happen. The Germans always made it clear they wanted him.
Then why did you have him in line ups
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

kawawa wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:I always knew this would happen. The Germans always made it clear they wanted him.
Then why did you have him in line ups
We can still get him. This is how England fought for Moses and Iwobi but we got them.

Knowing Pinnick and Rohr, they will not give up on:

Akpomena
Udoahie
Touranighora
Iorfa

When I look at how determined they were to get Ebouhie, Aina, Iwobi, etc I am encouraged.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Uduokhai was missing from the match day squads of the German U21 team for their 2 matches during the recent international break. I believe this boy is on the verge of switching allegiance to Nigeria.
I am happy
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Cellular wrote:
Just like in any other profession in Naijaria, if you are good enough, you turn pro (foreign) to be noticed.

win the African champions league,
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Prince wrote:
Cellular wrote:

win the African champions league,
Yup! :agree:

Play to quarterfinals at least... get noticed.

Or do the champions of these local players also want NFF to develop them for the continental leagues?

Maybe it is the foreign players other leagues are using is the reason the local clubsides don't go far in the continental tourneys and leagues?

Under what basis should the local players be made a priority or considered when they are not even relevant in continent-wide tourneys?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!