ONAZI INJURED

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg
Re: ONAZI INJURED

Post by Flex Swift »

Gotti wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Mikel Agu also subbed off at halftime.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/11/08/ex ... to-injury/
Exclusive – Mikel Pulls Out Of Eagles Clash Against Algeria, Argentina Due To Injury
Maxwell Pius, November 8, 2017

Super Eagles and Bursaspor of Turkey midfielder Mikel Agu has pulled out of the Nigeria squad ahead of upcoming games against Algeria and Argentina on the 10th and 14th of this month respectively.

Agu was an injury doubt going into the game due to the knock he sustained in his club’s last league game against Kasimpasa that lead to his substitution.

He trained normally with the team yesterday, but failed to make today’s morning session after the doctors advised the midfielder to seek proper medical care.

Unconfirmed report has it that he has already left the camp of the team to his base in Turkey, where he will receive proper medical treatment for the knee injury.
I hope he gets well soon he has a very bright future ahead of him
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

walesvilla wrote:All this niggling injuries with ONAZI is beginning to worry me . Especially within games. Against France. Senegal Zambia
I suspect Onazi doesn't manage his muscles well. His game involves a lot of fits and starts, sharp cuts etc. He doesn't glide at all, he's plays like a motor is inside of him. That can be challenging for the hamstrings and even the ACL. Not saying he doesn't do this already, but my advice would be more intense warm ups/stretching.

The France injury however was different...Matuidi na hired killer.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

deanotito wrote:
walesvilla wrote:All this niggling injuries with ONAZI is beginning to worry me . Especially within games. Against France. Senegal Zambia
I suspect Onazi doesn't manage his muscles well. His game involves a lot of fits and starts, sharp cuts etc. He doesn't glide at all, he's plays like a motor is inside of him. That can be challenging for the hamstrings and even the ACL. Not saying he doesn't do this already, but my advice would be more intense warm ups/stretching.

Chief Deanotito; if I am not mistaken, I believe I read or heard "warm-ups" and "stretching" does not help in preventing the type of injuries you mentioned in your post
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Odas wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Chief Deanotito; if I am not mistaken, I believe I read or heard "warm-ups" and "stretching" does not help in preventing the type of injuries you mentioned in your post

Your post is not real clear, but I believe you're referring to my comments from a few weeks ago about Joel Obi's injury history, and how warm ups and stretching would not help him. I stand by both comments. My comment on both players is based on personal observations of their injury histories. Joel is a walking injury. Onazi isn't. Onazi seems to cop some of these muscle problems from time to time...they tend to keep him out for a few weeks, and that is it. Joel is injured every other month, and with that kind of record, it is very likely that his body is not suited to this life.

If you told me that Joel was Romario, who refused to train, I could understand why he got injuries. But he's not...its safe to assume he works out/stretches almost as much as the next player...but yet he remains brittle. Onazi is very far from this, and I suspect he needs to focus on more intense warm ups first.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet