Simon Moses Out of Algeria & Argentina Matches

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Simon Moses Out of Algeria & Argentina Matches

Post by Otitokoro »

Source:All Nigeria Soccer

Gent Winger Moses Simon Loses Fitness Battle, Withdraws From Nigeria Squad
Published: November 05, 2017

Gent Winger Moses Simon Loses Fitness Battle, Withdraws From Nigeria SquadAllnigeriasoccer.com has been informed that exciting winger Moses Simon has become the latest player to withdraw from the Super Eagles squad, as he has joined Changchun Yatai F.C frontman Odion Ighalo in the treatment room.

The availability of the Gent star had been questionable after he picked up a foot injury in training, before Friday night's game vs Standard Liege.

Simon's injury has been assessed by Gent's medics and they have advised him not to travel to Africa and Russia for the World Cup qualifier against Algeria and the international friendly against Argentina.

''Moses Simon won't be available for the games against Algeria and Argentina due to the foot injury,'' a top source close to the Gent number 27 told allnigeriasoccer.com.

With Chelsea dazzler Victor Moses not named in the latest roster due to a hamstring complaint, Simon was in line to start his fourth straight game in the World Cup qualifiers against the Desert Foxes.

Manager Gernot Rohr is also sweating on the fitness of Trabzonspor midfielder Eddy Onazi, while John Ogu and Leon Balogun have not featured for their clubs in the last three matches because of concerns over their fitness.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Simon Moses Out of Algeria & Argentina Matches

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Musa and C Nwakali will get a chance.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I hope some of these injuries are not excuses to get out of the dead rubber match o!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Kayode should be called up
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

1naija wrote:I hope some of these injuries are not excuses to get out of the dead rubber match o!
It is an excuse. No doubt!! All these players feigning an injury in the dead rubber game is no coincidence
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

1naija wrote:I hope some of these injuries are not excuses to get out of the dead rubber match o!
You and your Ighuobazuwa english :). Wetin concern dead rubber with match?
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

chief nfachairman wrote:Kayode should be called up
We are actually ok with wide forwards as I am confident the likes of Iheanacho, Nwakaeme, Onyekuru and maybe even Iwobi can play those roles. However, where Rohr has dug a hole for himself is with the lack of targetmen.

With Ighalo injured, he cannot justify the absence of:
Awoniyi
Osimhen
Kayode

Likewise, I do not think he is taking the Leftback and playmaker problems seriously enough. His squad is short of about five key players.

I would feel a lot more confident if these five were in the squad for the two games:
Brian Idowu
Kelechi Nwakali
Olanrewaju Kayode
Taiwo Awoniyi
Victor Osimhen