Nwankwo KANU Cries Out: My club is being cheated.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nwankwo KANU Cries Out: My club is being cheated.....

Post by Enugu II »

Kanu blasts cash wins games in NNL, alleges govt clubs bully private clubs
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/11/05/k ... ate-clubs/
By admin - November 5, 2017, 7:40 am239 0

Nwankwo Kanu has raised serious concerns over the officiating in the second-tier Nigeria National League (NNL), alleging that clubs owned by government have the cash to get more favourable refereeing than a team like Papilo FC, who he bankrolls .

He told SCORENigeria that privately owned clubs like his are being muscled out by the financially heavyweight government clubs, saying that development is not good for the league and football generally in Nigeria.

“It has been a very difficult journey in terms of results as regards officiating,” former Nigeria captain Kanu said.

“What I see in this league is that if you have enough money, then you can win games.

“And if it so, there is no need for us trying to invest and bringing up a team.

“This is because if you bring up a good team, here I’m talking about going to the grassroot to help the young ones to come up and perform.

“And if these young ones are not being encouraged by officiating, then it means we are going back to square one.

“Because for me, it is always good to play on an open environment where officiating will not favour or negatively affect any club.

“And this is not good for football and the league. That is the greatest problem that we do have”.

Kanu also informed SCORENigeria that his former club Arsenal are not involved in the running of his pet team, Papilo FC.

The former Gunner and ex Super Eagles captain said contrary speculations, he has no assistance from the North London club.

“Papilo FC are not into any deal with Arsenal,” he told SCORENigeria

“We don’t wear Arsenal jersey. When you talk of Arsenal, you talk of Kanu because I played for Arsenal and I’m also an Arsenal Legend.

“I’ve also been following Arsenal.

“But in terms of we having anything to do with Arsenal in terms of sponsorship or kitting endorsement, no, there is nothing like that.

“If we do, I won’t be here complaining. Perhaps, that could be on the way in future, you never can tell, but for now, they are not involved even in our academy or the football club.

“I’m the one running the club and the academy”.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nwankwo KANU Cries Out: My club is being cheated.....

Post by Senator WIRES »

I thought he was crying out about Arsenal of London getting flogged today!! :lol: :lol:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I support the government on this. We should not allow any club named papillo FC to be promoted. It shows unseriousness. He should have named it Nwankwo United.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

1naija wrote:I support the government on this. We should not allow any club named papillo FC to be promoted. It shows unseriousness. He should have named it Nwankwo United.
You be real crazeman :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

zee wrote:
1naija wrote:I support the government on this. We should not allow any club named papillo FC to be promoted. It shows unseriousness. He should have named it Nwankwo United.
You be real crazeman :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Funny. But seriously though your tongue-in-cheek comment has a point. Why do Nigerians like to name their teams or businesses after themselves? From Abiola Babes to Iwuanyawu Nationale to Udoji United, Dangote, Innoson, Igbinedion University,...etc?

Are we that narcissistic or egotistical?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

theYemster wrote:
Funny. But seriously though your tongue-in-cheek comment has a point. Why do Nigerians like to name their teams or businesses after themselves? From Abiola Babes to Iwuanyawu Nationale to Udoji United, Dangote, Innoson, Igbinedion University,...etc?

Ford, Chrysler, Benz, Honda, Toyota...these are all names of people. In fact, Europeans name countries and cities after themselves.

Does it sound okay to you because they are not foreign names? :boo: :boo:

Anyway, Kanu's revelations are nothing new and he should have known as an experienced insider.
onwuatuegwu
Egg
Egg

Post by onwuatuegwu »

Donzman wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Ford, Chrysler, Benz, Honda, Toyota...these are all names of people. In fact, Europeans name countries and cities after themselves.

Anyway, Kanu's revelations are nothing new and he should have known as an experienced insider.

Some people just don't think before they open their mouth.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Donzman wrote:
theYemster wrote:

...because those are household names by 'we' tend to forget. The 'we' have pea brains :biggrin:
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

onwuatuegwu wrote:
Donzman wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Some people just don't think before they open their mouth.
]he is right though he should have known just use a proxy. He knows the terrain
Oya back to the matter
open and close
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Misleading thread title :boo: :boo: :sneaky: :taunt: :taunt:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

theYemster wrote:

This post would make sense if Kanu's real name was papilo. As it stands now it may go down as one of the most stupid egoristical ITK post ever made here.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Enugu II wrote:
Kanu blasts cash wins games in NNL, alleges govt clubs bully private clubs
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/11/05/k ... ate-clubs/
By admin - November 5, 2017, 7:40 am239 0

Nwankwo Kanu has raised serious concerns over the officiating in the second-tier Nigeria National League (NNL), alleging that clubs owned by government have the cash to get more favourable refereeing than a team like Papilo FC, who he bankrolls .

He told SCORENigeria that privately owned clubs like his are being muscled out by the financially heavyweight government clubs, saying that development is not good for the league and football generally in Nigeria.

“It has been a very difficult journey in terms of results as regards officiating,” former Nigeria captain Kanu said.

“What I see in this league is that if you have enough money, then you can win games.

“And if it so, there is no need for us trying to invest and bringing up a team.

“This is because if you bring up a good team, here I’m talking about going to the grassroot to help the young ones to come up and perform.

“And if these young ones are not being encouraged by officiating, then it means we are going back to square one.

“Because for me, it is always good to play on an open environment where officiating will not favour or negatively affect any club.

“And this is not good for football and the league. That is the greatest problem that we do have”.

Kanu also informed SCORENigeria that his former club Arsenal are not involved in the running of his pet team, Papilo FC.

The former Gunner and ex Super Eagles captain said contrary speculations, he has no assistance from the North London club.

“Papilo FC are not into any deal with Arsenal,” he told SCORENigeria

“We don’t wear Arsenal jersey. When you talk of Arsenal, you talk of Kanu because I played for Arsenal and I’m also an Arsenal Legend.

“I’ve also been following Arsenal.

“But in terms of we having anything to do with Arsenal in terms of sponsorship or kitting endorsement, no, there is nothing like that.

“If we do, I won’t be here complaining. Perhaps, that could be on the way in future, you never can tell, but for now, they are not involved even in our academy or the football club.

“I’m the one running the club and the academy”.
IN THE SOCCER STRUCTURE I'LL PROPOSE ONE OF THESE DAYS...

...(1) Govt ownership will not be allowed and (2) names will be the local area plus something the region is known for.
Bell
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Donzman wrote:
theYemster wrote:

I was waiting for someone to bring that up. Aside from noting that you didn't mention one single football club, the fact that all those companies you listed are a hundred years old or older is lost on you. That was the norm 100 years ago when most companies were usually privately and family owned not in the past couple of decades and certainly not today. And besides I didn't mean to suggest no single westerner does it. My point was it's so prevalent here in recent times.
Last edited by theYemster on Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

1naija wrote:
theYemster wrote:

This post would make sense if Kanu's real name was papilo. As it stands now it may go down as one of the most stupid egoristical ITK post ever made here.
You can disagree with my position like others clearly do however the highlighted makes no difference to my point. Papillo is a nickname for him which is also applicable under the definition of narcissism.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

theYemster wrote:
Donzman wrote:
theYemster wrote:

I was waiting for someone to bring that up. Aside from noting that you didn't mention one single football club, the fact that all those companies you listed are a hundred years old or older is lost on you. That was the norm 100 years ago when most companies were usually privately and family owned not in the past couple of decades and certainly not today. And besides I didn't mean to suggest no single westerner does it. My point was it's so prevalent here in recent times.
My point is that you have no point. Westerners still name businesses after themselves, and so do Africans. McDonalds, Tim Hortons, IKEA, Wendys, Madoff Investments LLc? Nothing unique about Africans in this regard, because a person founding a company will use a personal name as a legacy. We can name other African companies that do not have personal names, starting with banks and telecom firms for one? UBA, GTB, Zenith, Globacom, Econet. What is different here? These companies are partnerships!!

The increase in partnerships has meant that personal names for companies have declined, and has nothing to do with African narcissism. The older football clubs also formed as part of community partnerships and could not have individual names. But there are clubs with the names of individual founders, Newell's Old Boys in Argentina, and Hawick Railway in Scotland, for example.

Kanu has every right to name a club he finances after himself, unless the community decides to support him in the effort as well.