CAMP NEWS: 4 in and waiting for Algeria......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: CAMP NEWS: 4 in and waiting for Algeria......

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

vancity eagle wrote:Going by the owngoal reports of how the team was training (team A vs team B) which have been pretty spot on , we will be lining up like this against algeria, with Mikel rested.

************************************EZENWA***************************************

ABDULLAHI*******************BALOGUN*********AWAZIEM*************************AINA

********************************NDIDI********ETEBO********************************

**************************************OGU****************************************

NWAKAEME*******************************************************************IWOBI

**************************************IHEANACHO*********************************

I cant say that I am a fan of this.

I dont see any creativity in the midfield. This would have been a good opportunity to play Iwobi there. He is the only legitimate alternative option as AM in this squad.

I have my doubts about Nwakaeme but we will see, and I dont know about him playing out wide, is he not a target man. I think Onyekuru needs to be given a fair run. Even Kayode would be a better option out wide than Nwaekeme.

For all the talk of Rohr "trusting" Musa, it seems he can never even get on the pitch, even in spite of injuries to Moses and Simon.
You have obviously been reading different reports from us. There is no way Rohr will ever play Iheanacho as a targetman!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Mr Shows wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Going by the owngoal reports of how the team was training (team A vs team B) which have been pretty spot on , we will be lining up like this against algeria, with Mikel rested.

************************************EZENWA***************************************

ABDULLAHI*******************BALOGUN*********AWAZIEM*************************AINA

********************************NDIDI********ETEBO********************************

**************************************OGU****************************************

NWAKAEME*******************************************************************IWOBI

**************************************IHEANACHO*********************************

I dont see any creativity in the midfield. This would have been a good opportunity to play Iwobi there. He is the only legitimate alternative option as AM in this squad.

I have my doubts about Nwakaeme but we will see, and I dont know about him playing out wide, is he not a target man. I think Onyekuru needs to be given a fair run. Even Kayode would be a better option out wide than Nwaekeme.

For all the talk of Rohr "trusting" Musa, it seems he can never even get on the pitch, even in spite of injuries to Moses and Simon.
Lets wait for confirmation of the line up. However, the personnel on show should be able to get the job done. I think Nacho will play behind Nwakaeme. Ndidi and Ogu will sit and Etebo will be the creative outlet in the middle. Granted he had a bad game against SA, he has done well in the past.

We are away from home and will be under a lot of pressure early. So I see us dropping to 5 in MF with Nwakaeme playing as the lone man up front with Iwobi and Nacho tucking into M/F and pushing up on the counter. Balogun ought to sit this one out and Ekong stand in.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mr Shows wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

Lets wait for confirmation of the line up. However, the personnel on show should be able to get the job done. I think Nacho will play behind Nwakaeme. Ndidi and Ogu will sit and Etebo will be the creative outlet in the middle. Granted he had a bad game against SA, he has done well in the past.

We are away from home and will be under a lot of pressure early. So I see us dropping to 5 in MF with Nwakaeme playing as the lone man up front with Iwobi and Nacho tucking into M/F and pushing up on the counter. Balogun ought to sit this one out and Ekong stand in.
Hmmmm. So Nwakaeme plays as targetman?
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

Hmmmm. So Nwakaeme plays as targetman?
With the personnel drafted up, that is how I predicted he will line them up
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
john12 wrote:Why should only musa treat the game like his life depend on it? Everyone should do the same. Musa World Cup place is secured based on his past trajectory of performances for SE. His not going to be dropped because of he political decisions going on at his club. Even if he is going to be dropped his replacement should be better/exceptional players and not "hey yous" at backwater clubs.
Exactly, Musa has already earned Rohr's trust, its the ones Rohr didn't trust to use in the WCQ that need to show they offer more than what Musa does regardless of their experience level.
Earned his trust bawo? He can't even get off the bench. Musa's WC spot is in jeopardy. He is the same position Sunday Mba was in prior to WC14....essentially a 50:50 shot. If Musa doesn't leave Leicester in January, and his current fortunes continue, any coach who takes him to the WC should be questioned on their competence. Musa needs to show something...he is neither playing for the National Team or his club...and you say he has earned Rohr's trust????
At least he can make the bench, the likes of Onyekuru couldn't...so who has more of a hurdle to climb? He will get ample playing time these next two games and Rohr is even making excuses for Musa saying he's been playing with the second team which shows you he's gonna continue with him. I don't think he has anything to worry about unless one of the other fringe guys plays much better than him in the next two games.

Bros, he has a lot to worry about. Starting List just comot...him name no dey dere. If I were Musa, and I got some minutes, I would play my socks off. Its not looking great.

I've actually never been on the Musa-is-a-liability train. Always felt his speed could be harnessed...though he wasn't the 2nd coming of Finidi/Babangida etc. I'm generally a bit disappointed that he hasn't lived up to my expectations, but still hope he comes good. That's why I think all this talk about him being secure is misguided. He's one of the most vulnerable in the squad.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Players filing out..
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

deanotito wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
john12 wrote:Why should only musa treat the game like his life depend on it? Everyone should do the same. Musa World Cup place is secured based on his past trajectory of performances for SE. His not going to be dropped because of he political decisions going on at his club. Even if he is going to be dropped his replacement should be better/exceptional players and not "hey yous" at backwater clubs.
Exactly, Musa has already earned Rohr's trust, its the ones Rohr didn't trust to use in the WCQ that need to show they offer more than what Musa does regardless of their experience level.
Earned his trust bawo? He can't even get off the bench. Musa's WC spot is in jeopardy. He is the same position Sunday Mba was in prior to WC14....essentially a 50:50 shot. If Musa doesn't leave Leicester in January, and his current fortunes continue, any coach who takes him to the WC should be questioned on their competence. Musa needs to show something...he is neither playing for the National Team or his club...and you say he has earned Rohr's trust????
At least he can make the bench, the likes of Onyekuru couldn't...so who has more of a hurdle to climb? He will get ample playing time these next two games and Rohr is even making excuses for Musa saying he's been playing with the second team which shows you he's gonna continue with him. I don't think he has anything to worry about unless one of the other fringe guys plays much better than him in the next two games.

Bros, he has a lot to worry about. Starting List just comot...him name no dey dere. If I were Musa, and I got some minutes, I would play my socks off. Its not looking great.

I've actually never been on the Musa-is-a-liability train. Always felt his speed could be harnessed...though he wasn't the 2nd coming of Finidi/Babangida etc. I'm generally a bit disappointed that he hasn't lived up to my expectations, but still hope he comes good. That's why I think all this talk about him being secure is misguided. He's one of the most vulnerable in the squad.

I'm starting to wonder myself sha, so why not just invite someone else, don't get Rohrs moves here. But I do expect him to sub in sha and hopefully he has a good showing for his sake.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!