Mike Emenalo Quits Chelsea

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Mike Emenalo Quits Chelsea

Post by cic old boy »

1naija wrote:Guys, guys, guys, take it easy on CIC. He knows not what he posts most of the times, but he means no harm.
When it's time to know the difference b/w Johnnie Walker Black Label, Blue Label, Red Label, etc, we will consult you.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Saw it all at Arsenal. They sidelined Iwobi and the African kids, started promoting the white English kids. Then Wenger suddenly struck. He overruled the decisions of the English coaches, forcing them to resign, he then fired those who hung on.

Till today, there is still blood on the carpet at Hale End. Wenger is hated by those Arsenal English Coaches and scouts. The word is still out there and the knives longer for Wenger, cos the English football mafia are still desperate for revenge.
Waffiman, I've always thought Wenger endures more negative press than necessary...maybe that's the reason...

Back to Emenalo..Watched one sky tv program featuring Wilkins as a pundit during the exit of Mourinho. Wilkins' animosity towards Emenalo was despicable (even described Emenalo's statement about Mourinho's exit as "...Emenalo speaking from the other side of his behind...")
My bro, sorry I actually forgot this thread. Those English Coaches almost made Alex Dad take him out of Arsenal. The man trusted Wenger and Wenger kept his word. You should have seen the nonsense then. We lost another Naija talent to Liverpool cos of them.

The old school English Journalists, Managers and Coaches resent Mike, who they saw as an Uppity Black and foreigner taking the place of the English. Their resentment grew as they saw more and more foreigners come in under his watch. They fed the notorious racist base of Chelsea supporters with anti Mike propaganda.

People like Wilkins who are old school and racist hated him and the fact that he was effectively his boss. Wilkins, who says he is a Chelsea fan, has said openly, he is not at Chelsea cos of Emenalo. He forgets his issues with alcohol and its impact on his work.

Wenger, the same. He is the foreigner responsible for all the other foreigners who have taken jobs from the English. I remember when at any opportunity, the pundits and journalists will complain of foreign players in Arsenal's youth team. Failing to mention for every one foreign player at the Academy, 4 English had the opportunity and did not take it.

The fact is foreigners like Mike and Wenger have contributed and made their game better. To be fair a younger generation of journos, albeit a minority report fairly on the contribution of the foreigners and are not racist.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

The amount of opportunities black players had at Chelsea unprecedented in the history of the club. We have about 20 category 1 academy in UK. That means some of the top academy in Europe Chelsea still produce 40% of the top youth players most are blacks.
This boys are quality they have won the UEFA youth tournament twice.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

[/video]

Comment: Emenalo must have been an arch politician to survive this role for 10 years.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

:bump:
As I was saying....Mike wanted to spend time with his family! :lol:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

cic old boy wrote::bump:
As I was saying....Mike wanted to spend time with his family! :lol:

I wouldn't be laughing if I were you because you said he was forced out of Chelsea. But many (including your famous lecturer) told you it could be a polite way of quitting the job.

1naija wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
green4life wrote:
Why you keep persisting with this false narrative beats me. The man submitted his resignation months ago and as it turns out it's not the first time that he attempted to resign on his free will.
Did you not say you are a lawyer? You know you can be forced by circumstances to resign? I don't know about America, but it is called "constructive dismissal" in the UK

The guy said he wants to spend more time with his family, who live in the UK and, according to reports, he is about to take up a job on France.
In the US it's highly recommended you don't burn bridges. They advice against throwing your apron at your boss and saying "I retire" like Tony Montana did in Scarface. Saying he is resigning to spend time with his family could be a polite and politically correct way of saying "I quit!".
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

1naija wrote:
I wouldn't be laughing if I were you because you said he was forced out of Chelsea. But many (including your famous lecturer) told you it could be a polite way of quitting the job.
:lol: :lol: He left due to a power struggle and it was dressed up as resignation. That's "forcing out".

I have another theory: Abramovich told him to leave in the interest of peace with Marina and got him the Monaco job (owner another Russian Jew).
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

The man is in high demand and quite frankly I'm not surprised. He has won everything at Chelsea. His recruits are currently the cream of the crop in the EPL. His patented 'loan army' system generates CFC around 30M to 40M or more in loan and transfer fees annually to the club ... to the point that other hypocritical clubs are beginning to copy his system. They know themselves :lol:

Other than that, should he sit at home to make CIC happy or perhaps its simply the case of a man, with options, deciding to choose a lower pressure environment more family oriented workplace, with good weather were his work in scouting / developing talents will be a better fit than at the win-at-all-costs CFC pressure cooker environment. The bottom line is regardless of how you dice it, the man voluntarily resigned and nothing else proves otherwise. CIC, this one is closed. Move to the next one. :taunt:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Chelsea aren't shy about firing staff. If he was fired it would have been dressed up as a firing.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

green4life wrote:The man is in high demand and quite frankly I'm not surprised. He has won everything at Chelsea. His recruits are currently the cream of the crop in the EPL. His patented 'loan army' system generates CFC around 30M to 40M or more in loan and transfer fees annually to the club ... to the point that other hypocritical clubs are beginning to copy his system. They know themselves :lol:

Other than that, should he sit at home to make CIC happy or perhaps its simply the case of a man, with options, deciding to choose a lower pressure environment more family oriented workplace, with good weather were his work in scouting / developing talents will be a better fit than at the win-at-all-costs CFC pressure cooker environment. The bottom line is regardless of how you dice it, the man voluntarily resigned and nothing else proves otherwise. CIC, this one is closed. Move to the next one. :taunt:
:laugh: He spent just 3 weeks with his family.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

If the man was trying to save face, why is it that he was able to get a top job so easily? Why didn't he say he would be moving on to bigger challenges?

It actually appears more that he was doing Chelsea a favour, rather than the other way around! He was not fired, he decided to go, to avoid infighting and continued fundamental differences of opinion. But, by putting in the family angle, he also managed to make the club look good. Bobo did not burn bridges!

Monaco is a playground, it won't surprise me if he will be golfing with Abramovich in his spare time! The owner did not want Emenalo out!

Emenalo's relationship with Chelsea is probably STILL stronger than Conte's (who remains at the club).
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Tbite wrote:If the man was trying to save face, why is it that he was able to get a top job so easily? Why didn't he say he would be moving on to bigger challenges?

It actually appears more that he was doing Chelsea a favour, rather than the other way around! He was not fired, he decided to go, to avoid infighting and continued fundamental differences of opinion. But, by putting in the family angle, he also managed to make the club look good. Bobo did not burn bridges!

Monaco is a playground, it won't surprise me if he will be golfing with Abramovich in his spare time! The owner did not want Emenalo out!

Emenalo's relationship with Chelsea is probably STILL stronger than Conte's (who remains at the club).
It was the club trying to save face.

This is my take on what happened. Mike and Marina didn't get along. One of them had to go. Red Rom, b/c of his respect for Mike, decided sacking him was not an option, but Rom was more loyal to Marina. So he asked Mike to resign and had a word with his fellow Russian oligarch at Monaco. This is what is called a "managed move". The club's PR people then came up with the "resignation to spend time with family" BS.

Everyone is happy with the outcome - Mike gets another high profile job and doesn't sing like a bird, Marina gets a rival out of the way, and Roman doesn't have to be dealing with bickering from the two. The loser could be Chelski in the long term.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

cic old boy wrote:
Tbite wrote:If the man was trying to save face, why is it that he was able to get a top job so easily? Why didn't he say he would be moving on to bigger challenges?

This is my take on what happened. Mike and Marina didn't get along. One of them had to go. Red Rom, b/c of his respect for Mike, decided sacking him was not an option, but Rom was more loyal to Marina. So he asked Mike to resign and had a word with his fellow Russian oligarch at Monaco. This is what is called a "managed move". The club's PR people then came up with the "resignation to spend time with family" BS.

Everyone is happy with the outcome - Mike gets another high profile job and doesn't sing like a bird, Marina gets a rival out of the way, and Roman doesn't have to be dealing with bickering from the two. The loser could be Chelski in the long term.
Makes sense.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

cic old boy wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
CIC no vex, but while the bold part is possible, na serious TMZ/tales by moonlight stuff.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Analyzer, all you gotta do is connect the dots from the facts we already know. The guy left Chelski to spend time with family. 3 weeks later he ends up in a job that means less time with the family!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

analyzer wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
CIC no vex, but while the bold part is possible, na serious TMZ/tales by moonlight stuff.

It's not far fetched at all. Makes perfect sense.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”