Mike Emenalo Quits Chelsea

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Mike Emenalo Quits Chelsea

Post by mcal »

1naija wrote:
mcal wrote:
1naija wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
1naija wrote:
ohsee wrote:Up you Mike ....

I asked of my uncles what this phrase means and it's a very old phrase used in the 70s along with "shocking and jiving". He wasn't too sure of the meaning himself, as he was very very young then, but he thinks it might mean kudos.

Can anyone else confirm this?
Na kudos. Stop pretending you don't know cos you wan yab Pa Ohsee. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know oo. My uncle said i wasnt born yet when it was being used.
...it's a congratulatory term used especially in the 1970s Nigerian football.

Up Rangers International :thumbs: :thumbs:

Up Coach :thumbs: :thumbs:

So it was a very local term used in the very early 70s. Makes sense now.
...don't know the origin but frequently used to congratulate teams, a player, or a coach.
University students at the Enugu campus of the UNN often say it after winning a match in those days.
Another common term is, "well done well done" :biggrin:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Mike, you have done very well, 10 years in that position is not a joke. You remained there by God's grace, hard work, diligence, excellent and the fruits of your work.

Go and do better, in Monaco than you did in Chelsea. Keep this in mind, that you have inspired a young BAME to keep on striving knowing at the end they will reach higer heights than you.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

This experience is invaluable. Who knows, maybe one day he will end up as the NFF chairman and maybe even Fifa president.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Emenalo explains his decision to ChelsaTV (scroll down a bit to watch the video): http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-ne ... -down.html
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

This is a fair review on Emenalo's work at Chelsea over the last 10yrs.

[/video]
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

green4life wrote:Emenalo explains his decision to ChelsaTV (scroll down a bit to watch the video): http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-ne ... -down.html
IMO, the interview arguably squashes the whole "he was let go" or push out rumor.

Very interesting interview. Bobo was clearly devoted to CFC. Also clear the club as a whole was conflicted between developing talent and winning now.. Could not find balance between both as little patience to develop/integrate the young talents. Then factor in the playing style the owner craved for.

Interestingly, ME's time at DoF coincided with CFC's youth team/development pipeline being significantly strengthened. Now the 1st team is benefiting from loan army - Moses, TC, AC. When ME 1st started, likes of Romeu, Lukaku, TC, Hazard, KDB, Oscar, Moses, Van Ginkel were part of early recruits for the then new business model. Also had astute pick ups like Azpi (paid about 5-8M).
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Forget the first team Chelsea youth formed 40% of the players that won u21 and u17
Oya back to the matter
open and close
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

analyzer wrote:
green4life wrote:Emenalo explains his decision to ChelsaTV (scroll down a bit to watch the video): http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-ne ... -down.html
IMO, the interview arguably squashes the whole "he was let go" or push out rumor.

Very interesting interview. Bobo was clearly devoted to CFC. Also clear the club as a whole was conflicted between developing talent and winning now.. Could not find balance between both as little patience to develop/integrate the young talents. Then factor in the playing style the owner craved for.

Interestingly, ME's time at DoF coincided with CFC's youth team/development pipeline being significantly strengthened. Now the 1st team is benefiting from loan army - Moses, TC, AC. When ME 1st started, likes of Romeu, Lukaku, TC, Hazard, KDB, Oscar, Moses, Van Ginkel were part of early recruits for the then new business model. Also had astute pick ups like Azpi (paid about 5-8M).
I think the issue a conflict between Chelsea's 'win now' culture - which means you need ready made players to keep feeding the beast - and the long-term project of developing/ attracting young/fairly young players to play attractively and win without having to break the bank for 4 to 5 transfers each window. In fairness to Conte and Jose, if I was in their shoes, I'd want to break the bank because CFC doesn't have a track record of holding onto a manager for longer than 2 to 3 yrs max. So the manager's interest is to pad his resume/ CV. Therefore the manager's interest is always going to be at odds with an Emenalo or whoever plays that role going forward unless the pressure from the top eases small by small.

Regardless, to survive 10yrs at Chelsea during a period where all aspects of the club, youth, women, and the senior team won pretty much everything in football, is quite remarkable. The man is a legend but unfortunately, he won't get his just due. Anyway, good luck to ME at Monaco. He will do even better there. I already hear that one of his prospects, Masonda is on his way there this January window and possibly another talent that Emenalo recruited on the cheap that slipped away a la, KDB, Lukaku, Sallah, etc.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:This experience is invaluable. Who knows, maybe one day he will end up as the NFF chairman and maybe even Fifa president.

FIFA PRES and NFA chair because he was a director at Chelshyt ????

Wow :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

anikulapo wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:This experience is invaluable. Who knows, maybe one day he will end up as the NFF chairman and maybe even Fifa president.

and why not? :huh: :huh: :huh: What has the incumbents got over Mike? :huh: :huh: :huh:
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

GG of G wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

and why not? :huh: :huh: :huh: What has the incumbents got over Mike? :huh: :huh: :huh:
See black man inferiority complex. A man who can manage a club as big as Chelsea has invaluable experience the football world could benefit from. No mind am abeg.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

analyzer wrote:
ANC wrote:If any one would watch the Manu-Chelsea again, you would notice that Conte ignored Mike after the game and Mike approached him to congratulate him.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Una no dey ever tire with all these market gossips.. Where is the proof. How you know say he was definitely ignored.

Just congratulate ME and move on..
Last edited by balo on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
GG of G wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

See black man inferiority complex. A man who can manage a club as big as Chelsea has invaluable experience the football world could benefit from. No mind am abeg.

Just say you’re an ignoramus and stop hiding behind your inadequacies. See delusions of grandeur. What does NFF chairmanship have to do with skin color.

Obviously you can’t read or comprehend ..: dummy.

Clearly you have never been in a position to recruit or hire anyone at any level ... typical simpleton
Last edited by anikulapo on Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

GG of G wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Have you checked the resumes of the incumbents before talking ??

MLK.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

cchinukw wrote:That Skysports report of him joining Monaco is at odds with his official reason for leaving - family time.
That's why I think he was pushed out.
http://www.naijiant.com/
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Marina is now the Interim TD.

Fun times ahead for those who cheered that Emenalo was leaving.

Some even asked "what does a TD do?" as if Mike was just occupying space like matter.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

cic old boy wrote:
cchinukw wrote:That Skysports report of him joining Monaco is at odds with his official reason for leaving - family time.
Why you keep persisting with this false narrative beats me. The man submitted his resignation months ago and as it turns out it's not the first time that he attempted to resign on his free will.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

green4life wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
Why you keep insisting with this false narrative beats me. The man submitted his resignation months ago and as it turns out it's not the first time that he attempted to resign on his free will.
Some Nigerians don't think it's possible to quit a perceived good job. They are more concerned about the title than the happiness the job brings them.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

green4life wrote:
Why you keep persisting with this false narrative beats me. The man submitted his resignation months ago and as it turns out it's not the first time that he attempted to resign on his free will.
Did you not say you are a lawyer? You know you can be forced by circumstances to resign? I don't know about America, but it is called "constructive dismissal" in the UK

The guy said he wants to spend more time with his family, who live in the UK and, according to reports, he is about to take up a job on France.
http://www.naijiant.com/
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

cic old boy wrote:
green4life wrote:
Did you not say you are a lawyer? You know you can be forced by circumstances to resign? I don't know about America, but it is called "constructive dismissal" in the UK

The guy said he wants to spend more time with his family, who live in the UK and, according to reports, he is about to take up a job on France.
In the US it's highly recommended you don't burn bridges. They advice against throwing your apron at your boss and saying "I retire" like Tony Montana did in Scarface. Saying he is resigning to spend time with his family could be a polite and politically correct way of saying "I quit!".
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

cic old boy wrote:
green4life wrote:

Yes, I am a lawyer which is why I base my position on verifiable facts:

1. The ChelseaTV video link where he affirmatively states that he resigned: http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-ne ... -down.html

2. Michael Emenalo’s offer to resign turned down by Chelsea in 2013: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/excl ... dhm2swbj5h
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

anikulapo wrote:
GG of G wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Last time I checked, you get voted in not appointed on d back of your resume :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Like Hayatou and all d previous NFF clowns had better resumes
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

GG of G wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
GG of G wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Last time I checked, you get voted in not appointed on d back of your resume :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Like Hayatou and all d previous NFF clowns had better resumes

Ahem wetin concern Hayatou for this conversation. :taunt:

MLK.