Mike Emenalo Quits Chelsea

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Mike Emenalo Quits Chelsea

Post by anointed »

According to KoC
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
EMENALO Quits ChelseaVich--- Breaking News

Post by Senator WIRES »

More to come
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mike Emenalo Quits Chelsea

Post by oloye »

But i saw him with the team yesterday?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: EMENALO Quits ChelseaVich--- Breaking News

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Sauce? It must be real pepper sauce oooooo
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

oloye wrote:But i saw him with the team yesterday?
So did I. He was sitting behind Moses but that is football. Disagreements happen and people have to move on.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Wow. Now that's a shocker...the man endured plenty abuse.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Should take over From Picnic TODAY!
OCCUPY NFF!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

When it's are going wrong at your company it's a black man fault. When it's are going well the glory belongs to everyone
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

anointed wrote:According to KoC
Sauce?

Wetin happen? Abramovic don tire?
Or is it because players don't want to go there anymore?

Anyway, Conte must be dancing somewhere, because Xmas has come early this year :) .
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

Chelsea suffered a frustrating summer transfer window, which caused tension between Conte, Emanalo and director marina Granovskala. sources have suggested that Emenalo does not wish to engage in a three-way power battle with Conte and Granoskala who are known not to see eye to eye
Conte's own future is said to be in some doubt but Emenalo has beaten him out of the door. Emenalo joined Chlekyst in 2007
The Telegraph reported :winking:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

this news no dey Skysports or BBC. I go wait small
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

john12 wrote:When it's are going wrong at your company it's a black man fault. When it's are going well the glory belongs to everyone
When things are going well, it belongs MOSTLY to the selected and a few "hey yous."
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

It's on Bleacherreport.

Another outlet saying it may be connected to Monaco interest in him.

Good luck to him wherever he goes. He has made Nigeria, Chelsea and himself proud. I have no doubt he will be majorly successful anywhere else.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

The Telegraph
Exclusive: Michael Emenalo quits Chelsea in major blow to Roman Abramovich

Matt Law
6 NOVEMBER 2017 • 2:10 PM
Michael Emenalo has shocked Chelsea by deciding to step down from his position as technical director.

While speculation has been raging over the future of head coach Antonio Conte, Emenalo has decided to bring his 10-year association with the club to an end.

The move may be viewed in some quarters as a victory for Conte, but Emenalo has remained supportive of the Italian who he helped to appoint last year.

Emenalo’s decision is a huge blow to Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, who counted the 52-year-old among the few people he trusts and takes advice from.

With his help, Chelsea have won the Premier League title three times, the FA Cup, the League Cup, the Europa League and the Champions League while Emenalo has been at the club.

Conte is the 10th manager Emenalo has worked with and the former Notts County player has been a vital element of the Abramovich era.

Abramovich visited Chelsea’s Cobham training ground last week, when it is likely Emenalo will have discussed the matter with the Russian.

Chelsea suffered a frustrating summer transfer window, which caused tension between Conte, Emenalo and director Marina Granovskaia.

Sources have suggested that Emenalo does not wish to engage in a three-way power battle with Conte and Granovskaia who are known not to see eye to eye.

Emenalo first joined Chelsea with Avram Grant in 2007 and worked as an opposition scout and assistant first-team coach under Carlo Ancelotti, replacing Ray Wilkins.

Abramovich’s decision for Emenalo to take over from Wilkins and sit on the Chelsea bench caused controversy and thrust the former defender into the spotlight.

He was promoted to technical director in 2011 and has been largely responsible for player recruitment and Chelsea’s vast youth network.

Emenalo has often been blamed for signings that have not worked out and the number of youngsters sent away on loan, but he has also enjoyed great success in his job.

Eden Hazard is one of his most successful signings, but Emenalo has also been responsible for the likes of Thibaut Courtois, Cesar Azpilicueta, Kevin De Bruyne and Romelu Lukaku joining Chelsea.

Emenalo was left frustrated that the likes of De Bruyne and Lukaku were not given a greater chance under former manager Jose Mourinho before they both decided to leave Chelsea.

Emenalo was frustrated that players like Kevin De Bruyne weren't given more of a chance at Chelsea
Emenalo was frustrated that players like Kevin De Bruyne weren't given more of a chance at Chelsea CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES
Often remaining in the background, Emenalo made headlines after Chelsea sacked Mourinho in 2015 by blaming “palpable discord between the players and the manager.”

It is unclear what Emenalo plans to do next or whether Chelsea will immediately attempt to replace him with a new technical director before the January transfer window.

He gained his Uefa Pro Licence this summer and his climb up the football ladder is one of the most impressive in modern football.

Born in Nigerian, Emenalo moved to the United States in 1986 where he graduated from Boston University with a degree in international relations with political sciences.

Having played college football in America, his career continued in Belgium with Molenbeek and Germany with Eintracht Trier before moving to England to play for Notts County in 1994.

During the same year he played in the USA World Cup for Nigeria and won a total of 14 caps for the Super Eagles.

It was at his last club, Maccabai Tel Aviv in Israel, that Emenalo playyed under Grant and that association eventually facilitated his move to Chelsea.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...news on www.espnsoccernet.com he has done well, 10 years no be small.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Well done Mike we are proud of you
Oya back to the matter
open and close
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

Some people believe this is a good news. But we shall wait and see how matters will unfold from now on. But i want to say thank you to him for his efforts to bring the team from where it was before he came and for where the team is now that he is leaving. Wishing him best of luck.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Wishing him all the best in his next appointment
ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

Well done Mike, you have made all of us proud.
I hope you r not being made the scapegoat , but truth be told our recruiting department needs a shake up
Last transfer window was a HUGE disappointment. A coach comes in, wins the EPL first season, the least a club could do is give him at least most of the personnel he asks for to be successful the next season. That didn't happen. Someone dropped the ball. I don't know who it was . Just hope Mike is not being made the scapegoat as a black man. We know that racism is still alive
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Up you Mike, you are the best. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
May your hard work and insight into the game continue to bring you blessings in your future efforts. We are deeply proud of your accomplishments.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Wherever he goes he might not get the type of relationship with the owner like he did with Abramo. Grass is not always greener on the other side especially in a cut throat business like pro football
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

I can't say I am disappointed after the botched up summer transfer saga :evil:
Squad depth looks so out of depthhhh