SE GREATEST GENERATION MORE PHYSICAL THAN SUCCEEDING TEAMS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
SE GREATEST GENERATION MORE PHYSICAL THAN SUCCEEDING TEAMS

Post by jette1 »

ALMOST ALL THE PLAYERS BOAST MUSCLES
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE GREATEST GENERATION MORE PHYSICAL THAN SUCCEEDING TEA

Post by jette1 »

FIRST LOOK AT IKECHUKWU UCHE TO HIS LEFT THEN LOOK AT THOSE LEGS NO SINGLE PLAYER OF ALL SUCCEEDING TEAMS LOOK THIS EXCEPT MAY BE TAIWO

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote:FIRST LOOK AT IKECHUKWU UCHE TO HIS LEFT THEN LOOK AT THOSE LEGS NO SINGLE PLAYER OF ALL SUCCEEDING TEAMS LOOK THIS EXCEPT MAY BE TAIWO
True.
Way back in '94, England v Nigeria, Wembley.
Watching a practise session, the British press described the Super Eagles players as 'Supermen'.
"Thundering down the wings" they said.
"Fire! Fire!!" The coach roared as they approached goal.

I can never forget that report. Those were the days.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Damunk wrote:
jette1 wrote:FIRST LOOK AT IKECHUKWU UCHE TO HIS LEFT THEN LOOK AT THOSE LEGS NO SINGLE PLAYER OF ALL SUCCEEDING TEAMS LOOK THIS EXCEPT MAY BE TAIWO
True.
Way back in '94, England v Nigeria, Wembley.
Watching a practise session, the British press described the Super Eagles players as 'Supermen'.
"Thundering down the wings" they said.
"Fire! Fire!!" The coach roared as they approached goal.

I can never forget that report. Those were the days.
westerhoff indeed did put out a team that was athletic. our 1994 team, only okocha, Amuneke and Amokoachi were below 6ft among the regular starters. And Amokoachi was strong and fast as heck. Amuneke was skillfull and crafty
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Athleticism is sorely missing from this current squad. Na only small grip Mike Emenalo grip Gabriel Batistuta for dat picture, see as Batistuta dey shout. :lol:
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

So football/soccer is more about muscle than brains?
No wonder folks can't comprehend what the game is about beyond raving about their favorite teams.
This is a new era in the game, with individual mental capabilities meshed into team discipline trumping
muscles. If it all about muscles and brawn, teams from the UK and Northern Europe would have ran out
of space in their trophy cabinets.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

This thread is for jette to admire men's muscled legs. Let's leave him to it. :P
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The game (not just the Nigerian team) has changed to embrace a more technical style of play that relies more on ball skills that physical skills/in the air. Xavi, Iniesta, and Messi would probably have been shown the door at most club academies 30 years ago for being "too small".

Wimbledon (the arch practitioners of long ball physical football) were a Premier League mainstay for over a decade. Of course they got relegated as the game changed and became less physical and more technical. 15-20 years ago elite league midfields were like muggers alley with dangerous hitmen like Keane, Davids, Nadal, Vieira, Batty, Petit, Batty, Vinnie Jones, Ince, Gattuso, Van Bommel lurking with malevolent intent. These days that mob would probably get suspended for 8 games for the types of routine career reducing tackles they used to put in.

Defenders and defensive midfielders have become elegant artists rather than hitmen
(e.g. Kroos, Modric, Pirlo, Motta, Carrick).
Last edited by wiseone on Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

joao wrote:So football/soccer is more about muscle than brains?
No wonder folks can't comprehend what the game is about beyond raving about their favorite teams.
This is a new era in the game, with individual mental capabilities meshed into team discipline trumping
muscles. If it all about muscles and brawn, teams from the UK and Northern Europe would have ran out
of space in their trophy cabinets.

BRAIN KE ? what threshold again does it take for neurons to let you pass the ball accurately; as if football is a rocket science; And the Golden generation SE were physically built but just as technically skilled as anyone. I mean we are not talking about Cameroon wrestlers here.
Germany still boast players both in their National side and the Bundesliga whom are a combination of technical skills and physical presence and I hope you still remember who won the last world cup and no surprises they dominate the football scene. I think it is unrealistic to think that the game would get better with complete purge of it of physical presence.
Just Look at Mali aginst Brazil just last week in India, yes it is U21. Mali has all the technical skill one could possibly have yet Brazil used size to checkmate them. Point is the ideal footballer is going to be one with a combination of physicality and technical skills. That's why someone like Ranaldo would always be spoken of before Messi.