Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:57 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:25 pm 

I have thought about this for a while, and I think just the same way someone in a broken government benefits when the economy collapses, it is clear that some chairpersons benefit every time their club is in turmoil.

I am sorry, but there is simply no excuse for certain managerial hires. Simply no excuse. There is something deeper than meets the eye.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:18 pm 

...watching the way West Ham players play i don't think they really care, they just hang around to collect pay check. Sad certain good players play for them, example Mexican Chicharito.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:17 pm 

danfo driver wrote:
I have thought about this for a while, and I think just the same way someone in a broken government benefits when the economy collapses, it is clear that some chairpersons benefit every time their club is in turmoil.

I am sorry, but there is simply no excuse for certain managerial hires. Simply no excuse. There is something deeper than meets the eye.

I have since given up trying figure certain things goong around the football management. From the buying of players to hiring of coaches, something ain't right. At the right time time ,the shyte would hit the ceiling....

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:16 am 

anikulapo wrote:
Guv007 wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
So which kin privilege dey operate for Nigeria??? Imagine Oyibo build em own league and dey look after em own and una dey complain : :rotf:

Na dem tell una to Useless una country and una football league? Abeg make una go siddon

The issue is ethnic minorities who helped with building the league are not really being looked after as you say.

Well neither ethnic minorities nor majorities in Nigeria know what the hell they are doing in the Nigerian league. Focus and fix ya house before crying about someone else’s abeg. This nah Soccer and no be science :roll:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:23 am 

oloye wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I have since given up trying figure certain things goong around the football management. From the buying of players to hiring of coaches, something ain't right. At the right time time ,the shyte would hit the ceiling....

Would have to agree. It makes absolutely no sense

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:25 am 

oloye wrote:

My guy, you need to read Broken Dreams by Tom Bower. It details the corruption in the buying of players. No other business is run in the way football transfers are run. There are many coaches today that won't sign Messi if he became available unless an agent that would give them a cut from the transfer fee was involved. I know a British agent that told me ALL EPL coaches get a slice of the agent's commission.

The hiring of coaches is simply, for many English clubs, about cronyism. There is no transparent recruitment process. It is by word of mouth. This is why many coaches used to kiss Fergie's butt. A word from him was enough for you to get a job. Don't call him "Sir Alex" and you may never work again. Old school chairmen always sounded out the people they considered knowledgeable when hiring. It could be Fergie, could be Dalglish, or some other dinosaur. This cosy arrangement has been interrupted a bit with foreign ownership. Remember, when you have a board that knows little about football, they are bound to ask someone they think knows. This is why the English footie establishment didn't like Emenalo. He knew the game and advised Rom accordingly. So they never hired good old British roast beef.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:30 pm 

anikulapo wrote:
So which kin privilege dey operate for Nigeria??? Imagine Oyibo build em own league and dey look after em own and una dey complain : :rotf:

Na dem tell una to Useless una country and una football league? Abeg make una go siddon

Black privilege na him dey ooo :D As Osaze talk am .............

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:41 pm 

cic old boy wrote:
oloye wrote:

My guy, you need to read Broken Dreams by Tom Bower. It details the corruption in the buying of players. No other business is run in the way football transfers are run. There are many coaches today that won't sign Messi if he became available unless an agent that would give them a cut from the transfer fee was involved. I know a British agent that told me ALL EPL coaches get a slice of the agent's commission.

The hiring of coaches is simply, for many English clubs, about cronyism. There is no transparent recruitment process. It is by word of mouth. This is why many coaches used to kiss Fergie's butt. A word from him was enough for you to get a job. Don't call him "Sir Alex" and you may never work again. Old school chairmen always sounded out the people they considered knowledgeable when hiring. It could be Fergie, could be Dalglish, or some other dinosaur. This cosy arrangement has been interrupted a bit with foreign ownership. Remember, when you have a board that knows little about football, they are bound to ask someone they think knows. This is why the English footie establishment didn't like Emenalo. He knew the game and advised Rom accordingly. So they never hired good old British roast beef.

I need to lay my hand on the book....

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:00 pm 

Something fishy about that Moyes appointment no doubt. Even the guy himself seems embarrassed.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:27 pm 

Moyes (1-0) Chelsea
Moyes (0-0) Arsenal
Stoke (0-3) Moyes

first away win of the season
3 clean sheets
out of the relegation zone.

He's doing alright

AFCON 2019 - DRIVE for FIVE

FOUR > THREE

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:20 pm 

David Worthington Moyes.
British.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:28 pm 

first name: Big

AFCON 2019 - DRIVE for FIVE

FOUR > THREE

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:02 pm 

tfco wrote:
first name: Big

The big impact started when Everton beat West Ham 4-0 and that was before Big Sam joined Everton.