David Moyes, the epitome of EPL White privileges

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: David Moyes, the epitome of EPL White privileges

Post by danfo driver »

I have thought about this for a while, and I think just the same way someone in a broken government benefits when the economy collapses, it is clear that some chairpersons benefit every time their club is in turmoil.

I am sorry, but there is simply no excuse for certain managerial hires. Simply no excuse. There is something deeper than meets the eye.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...watching the way West Ham players play i don't think they really care, they just hang around to collect pay check. Sad certain good players play for them, example Mexican Chicharito.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote:I have thought about this for a while, and I think just the same way someone in a broken government benefits when the economy collapses, it is clear that some chairpersons benefit every time their club is in turmoil.

I am sorry, but there is simply no excuse for certain managerial hires. Simply no excuse. There is something deeper than meets the eye.
I have since given up trying figure certain things goong around the football management. From the buying of players to hiring of coaches, something ain't right. At the right time time ,the shyte would hit the ceiling....
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

anikulapo wrote:
Guv007 wrote:
anikulapo wrote:So which kin privilege dey operate for Nigeria??? Imagine Oyibo build em own league and dey look after em own and una dey complain : :rotf:

Na dem tell una to Useless una country and una football league? Abeg make una go siddon

The issue is ethnic minorities who helped with building the league are not really being looked after as you say.

Well neither ethnic minorities nor majorities in Nigeria know what the hell they are doing in the Nigerian league. Focus and fix ya house before crying about someone else’s abeg. This nah Soccer and no be science :roll:
:lol: :lol:
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

oloye wrote:
danfo driver wrote:I have thought about this for a while, and I think just the same way someone in a broken government benefits when the economy collapses, it is clear that some chairpersons benefit every time their club is in turmoil.

I have since given up trying figure certain things goong around the football management. From the buying of players to hiring of coaches, something ain't right. At the right time time ,the shyte would hit the ceiling....

Would have to agree. It makes absolutely no sense
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

oloye wrote:I have since given up trying figure certain things goong around the football management. From the buying of players to hiring of coaches, something ain't right. At the right time time ,the shyte would hit the ceiling....
My guy, you need to read Broken Dreams by Tom Bower. It details the corruption in the buying of players. No other business is run in the way football transfers are run. There are many coaches today that won't sign Messi if he became available unless an agent that would give them a cut from the transfer fee was involved. I know a British agent that told me ALL EPL coaches get a slice of the agent's commission.

The hiring of coaches is simply, for many English clubs, about cronyism. There is no transparent recruitment process. It is by word of mouth. This is why many coaches used to kiss Fergie's butt. A word from him was enough for you to get a job. Don't call him "Sir Alex" and you may never work again. Old school chairmen always sounded out the people they considered knowledgeable when hiring. It could be Fergie, could be Dalglish, or some other dinosaur. This cosy arrangement has been interrupted a bit with foreign ownership. Remember, when you have a board that knows little about football, they are bound to ask someone they think knows. This is why the English footie establishment didn't like Emenalo. He knew the game and advised Rom accordingly. So they never hired good old British roast beef.
http://www.naijiant.com/
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

anikulapo wrote:So which kin privilege dey operate for Nigeria??? Imagine Oyibo build em own league and dey look after em own and una dey complain : :rotf:

Na dem tell una to Useless una country and una football league? Abeg make una go siddon
Black privilege na him dey ooo :D As Osaze talk am .............
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

cic old boy wrote:
oloye wrote:I have since given up trying figure certain things goong around the football management. From the buying of players to hiring of coaches, something ain't right. At the right time time ,the shyte would hit the ceiling....
My guy, you need to read Broken Dreams by Tom Bower. It details the corruption in the buying of players. No other business is run in the way football transfers are run. There are many coaches today that won't sign Messi if he became available unless an agent that would give them a cut from the transfer fee was involved. I know a British agent that told me ALL EPL coaches get a slice of the agent's commission.

The hiring of coaches is simply, for many English clubs, about cronyism. There is no transparent recruitment process. It is by word of mouth. This is why many coaches used to kiss Fergie's butt. A word from him was enough for you to get a job. Don't call him "Sir Alex" and you may never work again. Old school chairmen always sounded out the people they considered knowledgeable when hiring. It could be Fergie, could be Dalglish, or some other dinosaur. This cosy arrangement has been interrupted a bit with foreign ownership. Remember, when you have a board that knows little about football, they are bound to ask someone they think knows. This is why the English footie establishment didn't like Emenalo. He knew the game and advised Rom accordingly. So they never hired good old British roast beef.
I need to lay my hand on the book....
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Something fishy about that Moyes appointment no doubt. Even the guy himself seems embarrassed.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Moyes (1-0) Chelsea
Moyes (0-0) Arsenal
Stoke (0-3) Moyes

first away win of the season
3 clean sheets
out of the relegation zone.

He's doing alright

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

David Worthington Moyes.
British.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

first name: Big

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

tfco wrote:first name: Big
The big impact started when Everton beat West Ham 4-0 and that was before Big Sam joined Everton.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Prof is busy with Boro getting them promoted to TBL

5 gems sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote: Prof is busy with Boro getting them promoted to TBL

5 gems sweet o
DNA no good o
They lost again? :rotf: As a Spurs, I have no sympathy for spammers.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

come on tfco the troll, Moyes was trash at united
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

dude tfco.. why do you open so many united threads? what stops you from editing united's season thread (like spurs) and use that as the games thread... you've abused this forum with so many united match thread and same topics over and over again ..even the spamming assanl fans are now using their season thread for the matches ...enough is enough
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Another recycle wastepipe
Steve McClaren: QPR sack ex-England manager after less than year in charge
Queens Park Rangers have sacked manager Steve McClaren following a run of one win in 15 Championship games.

The 57-year-old, who was England boss between August 2006 and November 2007, was appointed in May 2018.

Rangers have won just once in the league since 26 December and are 17th in the table, eight points above the relegation zone.

McClaren's assistant John Eustace has been placed in interim charge while the west London club search for a new boss.

"Making a decision such as this is never easy, particularly when you are talking about someone as professional and dedicated as Steve," chief executive Lee Hoos said in a statement on the club website.

"It is well documented that we are in a period of transition as we work hard to make the club financially stable.

"As we look to the future, and taking recent results into account, we feel now is the right time to re-evaluate where we are."

McClaren pays price for poor league form
McClaren, who won 16 of his 46 games in charge of the R's, had been working under financial restrictions at Loftus Road following the club's £42m settlement with the English Football League last summer for breaches of Financial Fair Play regulations during the 2013-14 season.

The club only made two permanent signings last summer, bringing in defender Toni Leistner and veteran full-back Angel Rangel on free transfers, before signing thee players on season-long loan deals.

The R's began the Championship season with four consecutive defeats but recovered during the autumn and, after beating Ipswich on Boxing Day, were two points off the play-off places.

McClaren guided QPR to the fifth round of the FA Cup for the first time since 1997, but ultimately paid the price for their poor league form in 2019, with a seven-match losing streak in January and February seeing the Hoops slide down the table.

"I would like to thank our fans for their patience and unwavering support during what has been a very difficult run of results, at a time when the club faces well-documented challenges," Rangers chairman Amit Bhatia said.

"We must now work towards ending this season positively and building for the future."

Where next for McClaren?
McClaren's departure from QPR adds a disappointing chapter to his varied managerial career, which has seen him take charge of five English clubs and two other sides in Europe.

He won the League Cup in 2003-04 with Middlesbrough, who he then led to the Uefa Cup final in 2005-06, before leaving Teesside that summer to take charge of the national team.

However, his spell with England only lasted 18 games and he left the role after England failed to qualify for Euro 2008 following a 3-2 defeat by Croatia at Wembley.

He rebuilt his career in the Netherlands, guiding Twente to the Eredivisie title in 2009-10, and then became the first Englishman to manage in Germany's Bundesliga in 2010 - but was sacked by Wolfsburg in February 2011 with the club one point above the relegation zone.

A short stint in charge of Nottingham Forest followed - he resigned after 112 days after three wins in 13 games - before he returned to Twente for a second time in 2012.

He then had two spells in charge of Derby County, either side of time managing Newcastle United.

McClaren lost a Championship play-off final with the Rams in 2014 and won just six of 28 Premier League games in charge of the Magpies during 2015-16 as the Tyneside club were relegated from the top flight.

His second spell at Derby lasted five months and came to an end in March 2017, with the club 10 points adrift of the play-off places in the second tier.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47773297

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

realtrouble wrote:Another recycle wastepipe
Steve McClaren: QPR sack ex-England manager after less than year in charge
Queens Park Rangers have sacked manager Steve McClaren following a run of one win in 15 Championship games.

The 57-year-old, who was England boss between August 2006 and November 2007, was appointed in May 2018.

Rangers have won just once in the league since 26 December and are 17th in the table, eight points above the relegation zone.

McClaren's assistant John Eustace has been placed in interim charge while the west London club search for a new boss.

"Making a decision such as this is never easy, particularly when you are talking about someone as professional and dedicated as Steve," chief executive Lee Hoos said in a statement on the club website.

"It is well documented that we are in a period of transition as we work hard to make the club financially stable.

"As we look to the future, and taking recent results into account, we feel now is the right time to re-evaluate where we are."

McClaren pays price for poor league form
McClaren, who won 16 of his 46 games in charge of the R's, had been working under financial restrictions at Loftus Road following the club's £42m settlement with the English Football League last summer for breaches of Financial Fair Play regulations during the 2013-14 season.

The club only made two permanent signings last summer, bringing in defender Toni Leistner and veteran full-back Angel Rangel on free transfers, before signing thee players on season-long loan deals.

The R's began the Championship season with four consecutive defeats but recovered during the autumn and, after beating Ipswich on Boxing Day, were two points off the play-off places.

McClaren guided QPR to the fifth round of the FA Cup for the first time since 1997, but ultimately paid the price for their poor league form in 2019, with a seven-match losing streak in January and February seeing the Hoops slide down the table.

"I would like to thank our fans for their patience and unwavering support during what has been a very difficult run of results, at a time when the club faces well-documented challenges," Rangers chairman Amit Bhatia said.

"We must now work towards ending this season positively and building for the future."

Where next for McClaren?
McClaren's departure from QPR adds a disappointing chapter to his varied managerial career, which has seen him take charge of five English clubs and two other sides in Europe.

He won the League Cup in 2003-04 with Middlesbrough, who he then led to the Uefa Cup final in 2005-06, before leaving Teesside that summer to take charge of the national team.

However, his spell with England only lasted 18 games and he left the role after England failed to qualify for Euro 2008 following a 3-2 defeat by Croatia at Wembley.

He rebuilt his career in the Netherlands, guiding Twente to the Eredivisie title in 2009-10, and then became the first Englishman to manage in Germany's Bundesliga in 2010 - but was sacked by Wolfsburg in February 2011 with the club one point above the relegation zone.

A short stint in charge of Nottingham Forest followed - he resigned after 112 days after three wins in 13 games - before he returned to Twente for a second time in 2012.

He then had two spells in charge of Derby County, either side of time managing Newcastle United.

McClaren lost a Championship play-off final with the Rams in 2014 and won just six of 28 Premier League games in charge of the Magpies during 2015-16 as the Tyneside club were relegated from the top flight.

His second spell at Derby lasted five months and came to an end in March 2017, with the club 10 points adrift of the play-off places in the second tier.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47773297

I remember when he went to Holland and tried to have a dutch accent. :rotf: :rotf: And then Yuajm was laughing at the flower he pinned to his suit jacket during a final game where his team was beaten like a roadside thief. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Guv007 wrote:
deanotito wrote:I have nothing against Moyes, but I sometimes wonder how these management teams/chairmen make decisions. Of all the coaches you could possibly approach, Moyes was your best bet???

Honestly, were I a shareholder, I'd sell. Not because I have anything against Moyes perse, but the management team that thought he was the best option is sure to do some other boneheaded things.
Very much doubt you sell with golden egg of media rights that's making EPL clubs attractive to the owners and they panic when they look like they going to be relegated.
Was curious and did some analysis on this issue. Turns out that:

From the day of Moyes' appointment to his sacking, the stock lost approximately -2.2%
From the day of Van Gaal's appointment to his sacking, the stock lost approximately -0.2%
From the day of Mourinho's appointment to his sacking, the stock gained approximately 5.2%
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet