Designer Russia 2018 balls for the Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

seabreeze
Egg
Egg
Designer Russia 2018 balls for the Eagles

Post by seabreeze »

Would love to design a unique 2018 World Cup ball for the Eagles. We can all chip in to produce and donate 50(?) size #5, and perhaps 300 mini's to the Nigerian FA. The mini's can be passed out to the fans during each world cup match.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Designer Russia 2018 balls for the Eagles

Post by Kabalega »

I would contact FIFA or a lawyer too.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

seabreeze wrote:Would love to design a unique 2018 World Cup ball for the Eagles. We can all chip in to produce and donate 50(?) size #5, and perhaps 300 mini's to the Nigerian FA. The mini's can be passed out to the fans during each world cup match.
seabreeze,

Did you purchase the rights from FIFA?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Even if you don't put 'World Cup' on the ball. The Mundial is really another thing entirely.

It is more than just their copyright. They won't let you market ANYTHING, that they have not approved.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Tbite wrote:Even if you don't put 'World Cup' on the ball. The Mundial is really another thing entirely.

It is more than just their copyright. They won't let you market ANYTHING, that they have not approved.
KPOM. FIFA has special approvals for super trademark rights which even prohibit anyone from using the words "World Cup" for any commercial activities and they are aggressive enforcing this world wide.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

FIFA have been aggressive in protecting their World Cup rights in the past but the new regime might be more lenient if you contact them ahead of time.

You could also just go with something like "the big dance in Russia."
I would still pass it by a lawyer though.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

you could get away with designing anything with world cup because fifa cant possibly police entire market in the world especially those in developing nations unless you are specifically targeted. and assuming you do so bringing it into the stadia is another problem. the only thing people successfully enter world cup stadia with and without special approval are National flags. the scrutiny has gotten more stupid lately. Nigeria supporters club efen got stopped from entering the stadia with their musical instruments in Brazil.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
seabreeze
Egg
Egg

Post by seabreeze »

Let me pass the idea by the NFA to gauge their thoughts specially since Adidas is the FA's kit supplier. Would like know if the exclusivity contract covers such items as designer balls. I know Adidas doesn't produce what I have in mind.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

jette1 wrote:you could get away with designing anything with world cup because fifa cant possibly police entire market in the world especially those in developing nations unless you are specifically targeted. and assuming you do so bringing it into the stadia is another problem. the only thing people successfully enter world cup stadia with and without special approval are National flags. the scrutiny has gotten more stupid lately. Nigeria supporters club efen got stopped from entering the stadia with their musical instruments in Brazil.
Jette1,

Bros, FIFA and the Olympics police this aggressively with many agents. In 1994 WC, those advertising for a vacation packages to the USA and using the words "World Cup" were aggressively pursued. Guess what, the ads were just in Nigeria. These organizations have what you call Super Trademark protections that other organizations do not have and they protect it aggressively. First, you will receive a letter of warning. If you continue then they will take on you. Make no mistake about that.
seabreeze
Egg
Egg

Post by seabreeze »

Also I know June14 is months away, but if you were to guess the top 23 players to be rostered, who would they be? What I'm working on will incorporate all 23 players.
Ad Astra Per Aspera