ALGERIA: Expectations emerging.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
ALGERIA: Expectations emerging.....

Post by Enugu II »

In the skylight: Madjer and the truth of the field
http://www.elmoudjahid.com/fr/actualites/116155
Interpreted
PUBLISHED: 09-11-2017 | 0:00

Madjer and his two assistants (Ighil and Menad) are the new "bosses" of the national football which recently has been a theater, especially after the soap opera of Alcaraz. Algerians are tired of seeing
foreign technicians who bring us only "trouble", and especially those who leave with "suitcases" filled with "aces"(money?). Halilhodzic, however, remains the exception to the rule. He allowed us to qualify for the round of 16 at the Brazilian World Cup. A performance hailed by a whole people. Today, people are somewhat disappointed. We are eliminated at the last CAN2017 in Gabon and also for the World Cup 2018 in Russia. A double bitterness that we can not forget so quickly. The heart of Algerians, the least we can say, is "injured".

We go to the "trap" at two days before the end of the playoffs of a Russian World Cup. It's extremely rare in the annals of national football! This only increases the sorrow of the Algerians, especially since we really had a great team. What happened, nobody can explain it or understand it. We can only say that it is a real "mess". It's a bit of the general feeling that emerges. Everyone knows that mistakes have been made in certain choices of coaches, players. Today, it is not enough to make observations or analysis like that. We must, instead, act to change or improve what can be. Madjer and his assistants, who have been given the "keys" of the national football revival are ready to show everyone that the local technician is able to beat the pawn to anyone, especially to help our football get back on track. It is certain that nothing will be easy for anyone because of the difficulty of the mission that awaits the new leaders of our national selection. We can talk, make promises, but what is ultimately decisive is the ground.

This truth does not escape Madjer and his collaborators. They are called to excel, to give primacy to the psychological side of things. Because the Algeria group has been deeply touched, especially after some frictions, here and there, but we hope that they will not be "harmful" for the serenity of our national team.

It is true that Madjer will not address this match, the last of the qualifiers of the 2018 World Cup, with all its strengths because of a cascade of injured players.Brahimi was spared. It must be said that in defense, there will be some replacements that remain enigmatic because we do not know the players. They will play an official match when they have not been seen before. We are likely to know Hassani. We bring him back, when we have never seen him play, before putting a shirt on him. It is clear that this will not be the scenario wanted by Madjer and his deputies. Nevertheless, nobody can do anything about this quasi-providential scenario. However, with the players who replaced the injured, Madjer can still select a group capable of achieving a good result against Nigeria.

It is imperative that we have success to reassure the public who are beginning to despair. This can positively help our national team for its next friendly game against the Central African Republic on November 14th. The best way to resist the "court" of the stadium of the 5th of July, is to manage tomorrow, at the stadium Chahid Hamlaoui of Constantine, this team from Nigeria who remains a rather "beefy" client. Good luck the greens!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ALGERIA: Expectations emerging.....

Post by Enugu II »

Tomorrow at Chahid Mohamed Hamaloui stadium, Algeria-Nigeria: do not miss it
The Greens, led by Madjer, will be tested by Nigeria that has a hearty lead over its pursuers.

http://www.elmoudjahid.com/fr/actualites/116153

D.R
The Greens, led by Madjer, will face the test of Nigeria, the qualifier of group B with a hearty lead over his pursuers. Zambia had the best chance to embarrass the Nigerians, but their defeat at Uyo (1-0) sealed the qualification of Gernot Rohr's protégés at the 2018 World Cup, which will be organized for the first time by Russia. We know we're eliminated, but that's no reason to turn our backs on the future.

Moreover, it is with this in mind that Madjer was appointed by President Zetchi to allow him to set the stage for a great national football team in the making. It is clear that opinions are divided on the subject. There are some who think that the ENA under such a framework will not be able to go far and others, they are numerous, consider that Madjer, Ighil, Menad, with the DTN (Saâdane) and also the DEN (Boualem Charef) are able, as we tend to say, to rise to the challenge. Certainly, Madjer keeps saying that this meeting against Nigeria tomorrow, in Constantine, is not decisive, but ... He does not just want to put a lot of pressure on his group. Because, he knows that it is the ground that will be able to grant him the "visa of the salvation". You can not build a strong national team with speeches. The national coach and his assistants are aware of it.

Hence the importance they attach to this release which is official in front of one of the best teams of the continent. To measure ourselves with such a caliber can allow us today to have an idea about our true potential. In these days, we can not find a sparring partner as convincing. It is far more important than the Central African Republic that we will meet in a friendly on November 14th at the stadium of July 5th.

Everyone is looking forward to this release of the EN with a 100% local management. Since the Saadane era and our qualification to the 2010 World Cup organized by South Africa, the EN has not been driven by local technicians. This is now the case. Hence the curiosity of each other. It must be said that this fight does not look good under the auspices of the fact that several players among those who were summoned in the list of "23" are missing. Eight of them will not be present tomorrow for the match against Nigeria. The specter of wounds has been omnipresent.

Madjer and his deputies will have to do everything in order to find solutions to hope to hinder and thwart the plans of this training Super eagles, more ambitious than ever. She will come to Algiers to try to finish on a good note. This will not escape Madjer and breasts. They are aware that the Nigerians will come to Constantine to drive the "nail". The absence of Mbolhi, Ghoulam, and Bensebaïni, in defense, will she leave behind? That's the whole question tomorrow evening. That the public is as numerous as possible!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Here Madjer fires back at the media
Madjer at a press conference: "Building a great team"
http://www.elmoudjahid.com/fr/actualites/116152

Ph. Y. Cheurfi
National coach Rabah Madjer led yesterday morning at the National Technical Center of Sidi Moussa (CTN), a press briefing before the meeting Algeria-Nigeria Friday at 20:30, at the stadium Chahid Hamlaoui of Constantine, counting for the last day of the playoffs of the Russia-2018 World Cup.

He responded as usual to the candid questions of the journalists present. He expressed his determination to build with his staff, a great team from Algeria, able to restore the smile to the Algerian people.
"We want, as a staff, to set up and build a strong, efficient national team with a good spirit and a family spirit. We want to restore confidence and smile to the players. We want to build a national team on a solid foundation. We want a national team whose Algerians will be proud, "said the national coach, who continues:" Everyone knows that the selection is experiencing a serious crisis. I know all his problems perfectly. That is why we are here to find the necessary solutions to allow it to return to the forefront of the African and world football scene later, if the opportunity is given to us. Among the problems that have disturbed the EN, in recent years, that related to instability in the technical staff of the selection. To be successful and successful, stability and continuity are essential parameters. "

"The maximum to beat Nigeria"

For Friday's game against Nigeria, Madjer said: "We will play to win, even if the preparation time is very short. It's important for the staff and the players. A victory will do a lot of good for everyone, and will allow players to chase doubt and regain confidence. We will do our utmost to make it so. Even if the EN is eliminated from the World Cup, it is not a friendly match for us. We will compose the best possible eleven against Nigeria. Players will enter the field with the intention of winning. I have a clear idea about our opponent, we studied well within the staff. My first speech was very well understood by the players. After Nigeria and the Central African Republic, we will begin the big project in the EN. We have a clear idea of ​​the tactical choices and the right players. "

"This EN is in good hands"

Madjer was reassuring: "This national team is in good hands. We know exactly what we have to do to redress the situation. We want to work in serenity, tranquility and stability. We can do a good job. We are here for that. EN has good staffs, whether technical staff, medical or administrative. We work in excellent conditions. We have the necessary means. We just have to roll up our sleeves. Personally, I am very confident, and I firmly believe that we can do a lot of things to achieve the goals assigned to us and those we have set ourselves. "

"Those who want to disturb us waste their time"

Sharply criticized since his induction into the national team, whether from some media or social networks, Rabah Madjer, serene, said: "Frankly, I can not understand all these free attacks which are intended for me. Some even went so far as to insult me ​​and touch my dignity. Which I will never accept. I leave them with their conscience. They shoot me down on television sets or newspapers.
I wonder why such relentlessness, when no reason justifies it. Those who objectively criticize me, I accept it with a big heart, and that can serve us. But to attack my person maliciously or to serve some, I find that inadmissible. Fortunately, they are not numerous. I know everything.
Some people want to tear me to pieces, then they have the nerve to ask me to give them an interview! I will not give them that pleasure. Those who want to disturb us waste their time. They will not succeed. "

"There is no case Feghouli ni M'Bolhi"

As for the number of players selected for the match against Nigeria, then the Central African Republic, and unconventioned players such as Feghouli and M'Blohi, Madjer, in response to a question, made the following points: "I make it known that I never close the door of EN to the players who deserve it and who enter our plans. We have a game project and a well-defined work plan. Feghouli: just like M'Bolhi are not removed from the selection. Just like Ounas, Ghezzal, Boudebouz, Belfodil, Taider and others, who were not selected for the match of Nigeria. They are not with us at this stage, it is not definitive. We have choices to make, we make them.

There is no one who dictates or imposes anything on us. The phone age is over. By the way, my phone is closed, now place to work. In addition, we must know that for lack of time, we could not mess things up in the workforce. There is an expanded list of all players who are likely to wear the national jersey. We have a close objective, which is CAN-2019 in Cameroon. We will focus on experienced players, who have lived in the final stages of Africa Cup.

We will integrate the best young people who will be well supervised. We must find the right formula. Any good player is not automatically selectable. We are looking for the player profiles we are interested in. Those who are able to go to coal and adapt quickly in Africa, to win the duels and to impress the opponent by their qualities, their presence and their personality on the ground. You have to understand that. If we do not succeed too much in Africa, it is because of the climate, the heat, the humidity.
We must find solutions. The final stages of the CAN must be prepared in an African country offering the same conditions as the venue of the continental tournament. "Madjer regretted the absence of Soudani and Ghoulam, facing Nigeria, for injury.
The national coach was confident and determined to do with the staff members a substantive work to revive the coat of arms of the team of Algeria, which has the human and material resources to be part of the great African , not on paper, but in the field ...
Mohamed-Amine Azzouz
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Uncle, what is this about? Setiously? Really?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Enugu II, he is going through the usual motions of a newly-appointed coach expected to bring hope to the team. In my opinion, Algeria’s problems are more psychological than technical.

They have more talent than Nigeria, Cameroon and Zambia but it appears the players were not giving their all to the cause. Now Madjer has to lift them and reverse this. His problem will be that the players are down and will not really wake up until the 2019 ANC qualifiers.

His best hope may actually be the young and hungry players keen to impress and seal a place in the team, kind of what happened with Cameroon at the Nations Cup. When I look at how casual the likes of Mahrez, Slimani, Befoldi, Bentalab, etc have been, I ask myself if Algeria is not better off replacing them.

For me, Madjer’s best chance of beating Nigeria and the Central African Republic is to use young, ambitious and hungry players. Those who will track Mikel’s runs right into their six yard box, not the big names who will give up on the halfway line.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Enugu II, he is going through the usual motions of a newly-appointed coach expected to bring hope to the team. In my opinion, Algeria’s problems are more psychological than technical.

They have more talent than Nigeria, Cameroon and Zambia but it appears the players were not giving their all to the cause. Now Madjer has to lift them and reverse this. His problem will be that the players are down and will not really wake up until the 2019 ANC qualifiers.

His best hope may actually be the young and hungry players keen to impress and seal a place in the team, kind of what happened with Cameroon at the Nations Cup. When I look at how casual the likes of Mahrez, Slimani, Befoldi, Bentalab, etc have been, I ask myself if Algeria is not better off replacing them.

For me, Madjer’s best chance of beating Nigeria and the Central African Republic is to use young, ambitious and hungry players. Those who will track Mikel’s runs right into their six yard box, not the big names who will give up on the halfway line.
It is not about not giving their all.

They suffered from two major forces that determine the outcome of some sporting events... LUCK and MOMENTUM!

When you hit a rough patch... everything you do seems not to be working. Take their game against us... had any of their chances that went in their last campaign gone in, they would have ridden the momentum.

Sports psychologists devote countless of resources on how to change negative momentum to positive one... one of the chief ways to do it is by changing the coaching personnel. Then you can count on the bounce effect.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Cellular wrote:It is not about not giving their all.

They suffered from two major forces that determine the outcome of some sporting events... LUCK and MOMENTUM!

When you hit a rough patch... everything you do seems not to be working. Take their game against us... had any of their chances that went in their last campaign gone in, they would have ridden the momentum.

Sports psychologists devote countless of resources on how to change negative momentum to positive one... one of the chief ways to do it is by changing the coaching personnel. Then you can count on the bounce effect.
What you are saying is illogical. You are talking about a team that in 5 matches lost 4 and could only manage a draw as its best result and you assign that to luck and momentum??!!?? These are matches that are very well spaced out in the order of months and even up to a year in some cases. Did luck and momentum also cause Zambia to crumble after losing their first game in the group at home??!!??
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

theDunamis wrote:

What you are saying is illogical. You are talking about a team that in 5 matches lost 4 and could only manage a draw as its best result and you assign that to luck and momentum??!!?? These are matches that are very well spaced out in the order of months and even up to a year in some cases. Did luck and momentum also cause Zambia to crumble after losing their first game in the group at home??!!??
I do not agree. It is logical. Adverse psychological effects are not easily canceled by time. It is often derived from the environment and recent experiences. It is important that we begin to realize that team failures are not simply due to a team's tactical approach as the media often and simplistically frame football losses. The players are human and not machines. Invariably, psychological effects can be enormous and certainly there exists luck in football games. By luck, I refer to unexplained outcomes not just in the final results but in several episodes of play during the game.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Enugu II wrote: I do not agree. It is logical. Adverse psychological effects are not easily canceled by time. It is often derived from the environment and recent experiences. It is important that we begin to realize that team failures are not simply due to a team's tactical approach as the media often and simplistically frame football losses. The players are human and not machines. Invariably, psychological effects can be enormous and certainly there exists luck in football games. By luck, I refer to unexplained outcomes not just in the final results but in several episodes of play during the game.
Yet, the Zambians were somehow able to overcome a more disastrous and psychologically debilitating start?!??? So now, every time a team loses, is it all down to luck and momentum or is this exclusive to certain teams?
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

theDunamis wrote:

Bros, it is not illogical. It happens in all of sports. Some teams are psychologically fragile. Get to them early or when they are on a downward spiral and you too can have your turn at beating them.

In the big business of professional sports, they actually pay people big money to try to fix negative momentum. The usual first and easiest fix is to fire the coach... including championship winning coaches.

You haven't seen teams who look invincible and lose a game and suddenly an avalanche of losses... the losing becomes contagious... they can't get it right.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

theDunamis wrote:
Enugu II wrote: I do not agree. It is logical. Adverse psychological effects are not easily canceled by time. It is often derived from the environment and recent experiences. It is important that we begin to realize that team failures are not simply due to a team's tactical approach as the media often and simplistically frame football losses. The players are human and not machines. Invariably, psychological effects can be enormous and certainly there exists luck in football games. By luck, I refer to unexplained outcomes not just in the final results but in several episodes of play during the game.
Yet, the Zambians were somehow able to overcome a more disastrous and psychologically debilitating start?!??? So now, every time a team loses, is it all down to luck and momentum or is this exclusive to certain teams?
It is not every time a team loses. It is when they (a good team) start losing more than they are winning... and it is practically the same team, sometimes even with 'better' players.

Momentum is a real phenomenon. When you have it, everything you do seems to work. When you don't have it, flukie things happen to you.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Enugu II have you read what the fans are saying: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/11/09/al ... -brahaimi/
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Enugu II have you read what the fans are saying: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/11/09/al ... -brahaimi/
Yea, I did. I believe those are their perceptions. They are not unlike our perceptions not a long while ago especially during the era of JJ etc.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Enugu II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Enugu II have you read what the fans are saying: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/11/09/al ... -brahaimi/
Yea, I did. I believe those are their perceptions. They are not unlike our perceptions not a long while ago especially during the era of JJ etc.
To be honest I fully agree with the fans. Their players refused to show heart, kind of like what we see with Ozil at Arsenal. As per Kanu and JJ, even the other players used to call them “big boys.”

In my opinion, once you have big egos, you need a disciplinarian of a coach to handle then. Look at the likes of Diego Costa and David Luiz at Chelsea.
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Rabah Madjer (national coach): "My priority is Africa and CAN-2019"
http://www.lequotidien-oran.com/index.php?news=5252319
by Kamel Mohamed

National coach Rabah Madjer has unveiled his strategy of building a conquering team in Africa, saying his priority is going to Africa, where Algeria must win. Madjer, who led a press conference at the Sidi Moussa technical center on the eve of the Algeria-Nigeria match (6th day for qualifying for the World Cup-2018), insisted on the renewal of the national team that has to turn much more towards Africa. To this end, he stated that his goal is CAN-2019. "Do not talk about the World-2022, my priority is the CAN-2019 in Cameroon," said Madjer, explaining the big project that awaits him to begin renewal in the selection that will take place after the friendly against the Republic Central African Republic, on 14 November at the 5-July stadium in Algiers.

After this match, Madjer and his assistants will attend several championship matches in Algeria to identify the players who meet the desired profile. He explained that the national team needs players who win duels both in Algeria and Africa, saying that Algeria must learn to win outside of its bases and win on African soil. In clearer terms, Madjer sets himself the goal of winning the CAN-2019. His insistence on Africa reveals the main lines of his strategy. In this sense, Madjer explained that the changes will intervene gradually, with the eviction of some players and the promotion of other younger and greedy victories. Regular regrouping sessions will be scheduled in Algeria punctuated with friendly matches against African clubs or teams. Madjer also said Algeria's sparring partners must be Africans, and preparation camps outside the country must be in Africa and not in Europe, he said.

During this press conference, Madjer was once again brought to answer questions about the absent or evicted players. With diplomatic language, Madjer said that the discarded players, such as M'Bolhi, Feghouli, Boudebouz, Taider and many others, are on an expanded list, drawn up by the technical staff of the national team. "I am a rallyer and not an ungrateful one. For me, each player who has already made a selection is likely to come back and join the group, "said Madjer. In the same vein, he cited the case of MC Alger goalkeeper Fawzi Chaouchi, whom he has just recalled in the selection. Madjer who spoke with the feelings, recalled that this goalkeeper was considered a "hero in Oumdermane (Sudan)", regretting that he was ousted from the national team.

On another note, Madjer was blown away when he spoke of critics of TV shows, including journalists who, he said, "undermined (his) dignity". "Why are they attacking me and insulting me? Do they want to settle their accounts with me? ", He asked, revealing that he refused to grant interviews to those who attack him, which provoked reactions in the conference room. A subject that Madjer should have avoided and only focus on his mission as head of the national team.