Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:55 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 32055
Location: Somewhere
Ebyboy wrote:
Portugal
Colombia
Iran
Nigeria
:sneaky: :tic: :dream:


Russia
England
Iran
Nigeria

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:25 pm
Posts: 3345
kajifu wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
What matters is what you are able to do on the day of the match. At the 2014 World Cup, Nigeria (If I recall correctly) was the lowest ranked team in the group (not sure if we were ahead of Iran or not) but Nigeria still qualified. The reality is that there are teams in Pot 3 and 4 that Nigeria, though lower ranked, can do well against. That FIFA ranking system does not do a very good job in determining current strength of teams.



Ultimately, yes, it is what happens on the green grass that counts. In 2002, Senegal was the lowest ranked team in their group and took the whole world by storm.

Nothing stops the lowest ranked team from emerging as group winners. I guess we always have some trepidation. However, if you want to win the World Cup, you must be prepared to beat the best.

Going by today's form, only Brazil, Germany and Spain really look scary. Italy is a shadow of its old self and none of the other teams really scare me.

Spain are in pot two. As long as we do not get them along with say Brazil or Germany, we should be fine.

I can for instance see Nigeria topping a group made up of:

Belgium
England
Costa Rica
Nigeria

or

Portugal
Uruguay
Croatia
Nigeria

or

France
Italy
Iran
Nigeria


That is certainly the key i.e avoiding a team that is favorite to win it all. If you get two of them, you could be dead in the group stage.

So which two teams that are f avourite can be on same group?
SE should be thinking to go there and win it.I dont see any favorite that can't be beat.Nigeria should adopt Leivester style do or die every game final and its 7 games and you can win the first world cup for Africa.Teams like England,Fance,Portugal,Italy are not better than Nigeria,i will say Argentina are beatable even with their cheat,Brazil beatable not godd as people make them to be.Spain and Germany are to me two very good team but still beatable.


Maybe I am in an alternate universe where Italy qualified for the world cup???


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:02 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:01 am
Posts: 36941
Location: Eagles' Nest
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Ebyboy wrote:
Portugal
Colombia
Iran
Nigeria
:sneaky: :tic: :dream:


Russia
England
Iran
Nigeria

This would mean Russia vs. Nigeria will be the opening match of the WC... :thumbs:

_________________
Image
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:23 pm
Posts: 4786
Poland
Switzerland
Iran
Nigeria


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 53025
Location: United Kingdom
asabatex wrote:
Poland
Switzerland
Iran
Nigeria



Thief. You like easy things. Na which kain greediness be dis? You dey find nine points!

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:23 pm
Posts: 4786
Nigeria will destroy all the teams in that group.. :D

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
asabatex wrote:
Poland
Switzerland
Iran
Nigeria



Thief. You like easy things. Na which kain greediness be dis? You dey find nine points!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 73860
Location: Earth
who cares, we get to play whoever.... we had the most difficult group in CAF... them yab us die.. but today see us.. I hope we get a very difficult group

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 17472
Location: Ukwuani
Adisboy wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:
POT 1
Russia
Germany
Brazil
Portugal
Argentina
Belgium
Poland
France

POT 2
Spain
Peru
Switzerland
England
Colombia
Mexico
Uruguay
Croatia

POT 3
Denmark
Iceland
Costa Rica
Sweden
Tunisia
Egypt
Senegal
Iran

POT 4
Serbia
Nigeria
Australia
Japan
Morocco
Panama
Korea Republic
Saudi Arabia

We just need to avoid Spain in Pot 2, then I think we'll ok whichever way.

Avoid? Do we have choice? On a more serious note, when the whistle is blown, anything can happen and any team can beat the other in any day. There is no doubt we are better than many teams in the pots ahead of us. Thus, all is well

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 53025
Location: United Kingdom
Odas wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:
POT 1
Russia
Germany
Brazil
Portugal
Argentina
Belgium
Poland
France

POT 2
Spain
Peru
Switzerland
England
Colombia
Mexico
Uruguay
Croatia

POT 3
Denmark
Iceland
Costa Rica
Sweden
Tunisia
Egypt
Senegal
Iran

POT 4
Serbia
Nigeria
Australia
Japan
Morocco
Panama
Korea Republic
Saudi Arabia

We just need to avoid Spain in Pot 2, then I think we'll ok whichever way.

Avoid? Do we have choice? On a more serious note, when the whistle is blown, anything can happen and any team can beat the other in any day. There is no doubt we are better than many teams in the pots ahead of us. Thus, all is well



But no one needs the stress of having say Brazil/Germany and Spain in the same group.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 22276
Location: london
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Pot One
Germany
Brazil
Portugal
Argentina
Belgium
Russia
Poland
France

Pot Two
Spain
England
Mexico
Uruguay
Italy
Switzerland
Colombia
Croatia

Pot Three
Denmark
Costa Rica
Iceland
Iran
Tunisia
Egypt
Senegal
Serbia

Pot Four
Nigeria
Ivory Coast
Japan
South Korea
Saudi Arabia
Panama
Australia
New Zealand

Even if Peru beat New Zealand, this is not going to change. Our ranking was simply too low going into this World Cup to make pots two or three. We are one of the lowest ranked qualifiers.


Italy in the mix??????

_________________
Nigerian Eagles were losing 3 nil, Best Ogedengbe just let in another goal, The NigerIan man slapped his wife and wanted to beat his kid out of frustration, NEPA struck, Irate crowd gathered and beat them to pulp, NEPA restored light with extra current, Alhaji 12 inch TV went so bright, he went blind temporarily, all this happened in 90 minutes
Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 17472
Location: Ukwuani
Robbynice wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Ebyboy wrote:
Portugal
Colombia
Iran
Nigeria
:sneaky: :tic: :dream:


Russia
England
Iran
Nigeria

This would mean Russia vs. Nigeria will be the opening match of the WC... :thumbs:

... and Russia will lose, and they will find a reason to ship our team to Siberia to play all our remaining games :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 17472
Location: Ukwuani
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Odas wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:
POT 1
Russia
Germany
Brazil
Portugal
Argentina
Belgium
Poland
France

POT 2
Spain
Peru
Switzerland
England
Colombia
Mexico
Uruguay
Croatia

POT 3
Denmark
Iceland
Costa Rica
Sweden
Tunisia
Egypt
Senegal
Iran

POT 4
Serbia
Nigeria
Australia
Japan
Morocco
Panama
Korea Republic
Saudi Arabia

We just need to avoid Spain in Pot 2, then I think we'll ok whichever way.

Avoid? Do we have choice? On a more serious note, when the whistle is blown, anything can happen and any team can beat the other in any day. There is no doubt we are better than many teams in the pots ahead of us. Thus, all is well


Nut no one needs the stress of having say Brazil/Germany and Spain in the same group.

Fine! However, the truth remains no team has a choice as to choosing which team to avoid or to play. Thus, play the matches - if such happens - like it is the final and see what happens. Approach the game with fear and you are dead.

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:42 pm
Posts: 6276
Location: US
Robbynice wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Ebyboy wrote:
Portugal
Colombia
Iran
Nigeria
:sneaky: :tic: :dream:


Russia
England
Iran
Nigeria

This would mean Russia vs. Nigeria will be the opening match of the WC... :thumbs:


Even better :thumbs:

_________________
Image

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:42 pm
Posts: 6276
Location: US
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Odas wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:
POT 1
Russia
Germany
Brazil
Portugal
Argentina
Belgium
Poland
France

POT 2
Spain
Peru
Switzerland
England
Colombia
Mexico
Uruguay
Croatia

POT 3
Denmark
Iceland
Costa Rica
Sweden
Tunisia
Egypt
Senegal
Iran

POT 4
Serbia
Nigeria
Australia
Japan
Morocco
Panama
Korea Republic
Saudi Arabia

We just need to avoid Spain in Pot 2, then I think we'll ok whichever way.

Avoid? Do we have choice? On a more serious note, when the whistle is blown, anything can happen and any team can beat the other in any day. There is no doubt we are better than many teams in the pots ahead of us. Thus, all is well



Nut no one needs the stress of having say Brazil/Germany and Spain in the same group.


Ewo lo kan e nbe?
:sneaky:

_________________
Image

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:04 pm
Posts: 40
I want Saudi Arabia from pot 4.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:38 pm
Posts: 4561
Funny enough, watching what we did to Argentina without Victor Moses and Ighalo, a lot of the big countries will be dreading being drawn with us. Nigeria plays a power game and now we have more tactical awareness.

Mentally we don't fear anyone. Once we have settled into our rhythm, we give any team as good as we get. Not many African sides would have rolled over a star studded Argentina side the way we did on neutral ground.... we did the same thing to Spain in '98. Trust me, there will be a few farts going off in the room when Nigeria is drawn out of the bowl...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:16 am
Posts: 2601
Location: Cut-N-Shoot, TX
Mr Shows wrote:
Funny enough, watching what we did to Argentina without Victor Moses and Ighalo, a lot of the big countries will be dreading being drawn with us. Nigeria plays a power game and now we have more tactical awareness.

Mentally we don't fear anyone. Once we have settled into our rhythm, we give any team as good as we get. Not many African sides would have rolled over a star studded Argentina side the way we did on neutral ground.... we did the same thing to Spain in '98. Trust me, there will be a few farts going off in the room when Nigeria is drawn out of the bowl...

OK Mr Beano. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Though religion is a concept that simply can not be ignored. The fact that a deity could
stand idly by while one of his creations slaughters another simply in his name, is a mystery I
doubt theologists would dare touch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:32 pm 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:09 pm
Posts: 14412
Location: UK
I was listening to Talk Sport this evening as i was driving home when i one of the guys said Argentina, England, Denmark and Nigeria will be a tough group.

_________________
Image

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:32 pm 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:09 pm
Posts: 14412
Location: UK
I was listening to Talk Sport this evening as i was driving home when i one of the guys said Argentina, England, Denmark and Nigeria will be a tough group.

_________________
Image

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:42 am
Posts: 22748
Location: Paradise
:evil: :twisted:
It don't matter which group we on, we shall overcome !! :clap:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 31906
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
Stimulate the draw. http://ultra.zone/2018-FIFA-World-Cup-Group-Stage-Draws

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! "It's all laughs till he walks into an empty room with plastic on the floor." - Goodfellas

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 53025
Location: United Kingdom
Sir V wrote:
I was listening to Talk Sport this evening as i was driving home when i one of the guys said Argentina, England, Denmark and Nigeria will be a tough group.



Dat group no too fear me!

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:56 pm
Posts: 4505
Location: The Wood and Alaba Market
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Sir V wrote:
I was listening to Talk Sport this evening as i was driving home when i one of the guys said Argentina, England, Denmark and Nigeria will be a tough group.



Dat group no too fear me!


it is tough group - but depends on who and outcome of 1st game. Denmark will always disguise as underdog and that can be dangerous for us - England will think they can walk all over us- by that playing into our hands - Argentina is Argentina by now we should know what to expect and handle them - all about our preparation and determination.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: airwolex, aruako1, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], oloye, Polly, Shownoja and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group