FT: Algeria 1 (Brahimi - TACtical pen) vs 1 Nigeria (Ogu)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2H : Algeria 1 (Brahimi - TACtical pen) vs 1 Nigeria (Og

Post by airwolex »

Cellular wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Cellular wrote:I still don't understand Rohr's substitution pattern.

You are playing a dead rubber match and you don't use all your subs? What are you saving them for?

He typically waits too late to make subs...
I can only guess that he has no faith in them, otherwise it makes no sense.
In a meaningless match?

How about when you are a goal up? How about Nwakali for Etebo? :huh:
Bros I no understand, all I can say is, he must not like them at all not to even use them. Maybe he's seen enough in training to feel they have no future in his team.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

You are playing a dead rubber match and you don't use all your subs? What are you saving them for?

He did not want to lose. I guess.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Cellular wrote:
Gotti wrote:Despite the wayo PK called on him...
Shehu was still my Man-of-the-Match!
:agree: Mine too...

:agree:

Ndidi came close but his passing was kwekwe one too many times.

Nigeria owned that game.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2H : Algeria 0 vs 1 Nigeria (Ogu)

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
charlie wrote:Ezenwa again in no mans land. What the hell is he thinking? He isnt ready!
Yeah! I am beginning to not trust our keeper. Is he having a bad day or what?
Odas. na wa for you.
'Just beginning to...'?
You have been so caught up in your 'Keep Enyeama Out' campaign that you have not even noticed how poor Ezenwa can be.
It only takes one stupid error.....and he get dem plenti. :idea:
Bros, I had thought he is better than what he showed today and hence I asked if it is "simply" a bad day in the office or what? The two or three errors he made today could easily have been a goal against us in another day - whether with Algeria or another team(s)
Last edited by Odas on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg

Post by Bobo Dan »

anikulapo wrote:
Bobo Dan wrote:
theYemster wrote:I'd like to see the Depor goalie play against Argentina. Ezenwa didn't look the part just yet...maybe after the world cup.

With Ezenwa, the less said, the better
Dude is really unbelievable
Has no business going to Rusia at all

What?????
Man mi, na true I talk o
I was one of those flying Ezenwa’s kite after the Zambia’s game, but with what I saw with my korokoro eyes tonight, it’s time to face reality
If I can't express my opinion, I have no reason to be part of this union."
Co Adriaanse - AZ Coach

We’re not rated on the Continent,” said Toshack. “British managers are not, coaches are not, players are not. It’s all 4-4-2, hit the front man, get on the second ball. It hasn’t changed. It frustrates me at times, it really does.”
- John Toshack (British Wales Coach viewtopic.php?t=111511 ).

marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

That's two Shehu man of the match in a row. Shehu is irreplaceable at this point.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

What if Enzenwa had gotten injured after he used all his subs? The coach knows best
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Waffiman wrote:

If he had lost that game the same people that have been shouting "dead rubber", "meaningless" etc. will be the first to turn on him and he knows that.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Tbh aje butter Iwobi and Aina are good! I wonder how come they are both this tough. I like Onyekuru. Ndidi is a future captain and Shehu is just one of those guys that has nerves of steel!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Shownoja wrote:Ezenwa's problem seems to be his over-confidence and no sooner had that been knocked out of him, he really retreated into a shell we don't want to see often. There is a good goalie in there. He needs to cut of the bull and focus on the task at hand. All that chatting to the opponent as if you're glad to be on the same pitch needs to stop.
He has bad technique. Not properly coached at club level.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

I do not understand the Shehu shrining and referee bashing. The PK was a penalty. Brahimi staying on his feet does not make it any less so.

If you take some time to watch the Zambia and Cameroon games, you will find that Shehu has a tendency to simply fall in front of his man once he is beaten for pace. This is a dangerous move and this PK should let him know that is not good defending. Stay on your feet and recover. Hopefully he learns before the World Cup because those European teams will know and play for it.

On Ezenwa, the less said the better. Confident outlook but his performance does not justify the confidence he attempts to project.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Shownoja wrote:Ezenwa's problem seems to be his over-confidence and no sooner had that been knocked out of him, he really retreated into a shell we don't want to see often. There is a good goalie in there. He needs to cut of the bull and focus on the task at hand. All that chatting to the opponent as if you're glad to be on the same pitch needs to stop.
He has bad technique. Not properly coached at club level.
The two or three mistakes Ezenwa made today could have been deadly for us if we were playing a different team or if we were not lucky. Such errors are not allowed in the world cup, else your team is dead in most cases.
Last edited by Odas on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Donzman wrote:I do not understand the Shehu shrining and referee bashing. The PK was a penalty. Brahimi staying on his feet does not make it any less so.

If you take some time to watch the Zambia and Cameroon games, you will find that Shehu has a tendency to simply fall in front of his man once he is beaten for pace. This is a dangerous move and this PK should let him know that is not good defending. Stay on your feet and recover. Hopefully he learns before the World Cup because those European teams will know and play for it.

On Ezenwa, the less said the better. Confident outlook but his performance does not justify the confidence he attempts to project.
My brother criticize Shehu if you are going to but please call a spade a spade in the process. That PK wasn't a penalty. Haba...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Orion wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

If he had lost that game the same people that have been shouting "dead rubber", "meaningless" etc. will be the first to turn on him and he knows that.
How would he have lost the game introducing someone when you are a goal up late in a meaningless match?

See some guys in live action.

So he took a sub home... what for?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Etebo is a terrible playmaker!
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

Robbynice wrote:
Donzman wrote:I do not understand the Shehu shrining and referee bashing. The PK was a penalty. Brahimi staying on his feet does not make it any less so.

My brother criticize Shehu if you are going to but please call a spade a spade in the process. That PK wasn't a penalty. Haba...
It is a penalty, not only did he fall and jump in front of Brahimi, he also reached out with his arm to impede Brahimi's progress.

Watch the video again. We should be willing to tell ourselves the truth and face reality.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Robbynice wrote:

I was reading like huh, maybe he just wanted to have an alternate opinion but that's in no way a PK, even falling down Shehu still kept his hands from touching Brahimi and he was free on goal didn't dive or complain was just looking to score. What was most annoying was the stupid ear to ear grin on the refs face. Even the commentators were confused.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Bros, the player did not fall, still had the ball heading towards goal. Ref should've played the advantage. Even Brahimi was surprised at the call.

That's all you need to know.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

Do this Ref go back to look at how they perform? Only God knows how this man will feel after watching the penalty he call
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Today must be bad pitch day!
Who is watching Honduras vs Australia?

That pitch will give Algeria's pitch a run for their money
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

tunde72 wrote:Do this Ref go back to look at how they perform? Only God knows how this man will feel after watching the penalty he call
Even if you excuse the penalty call, i'm not sure how he didn't give Brahimi a straight red card for that headbutt. That's a red card and ban anywhere in the world.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

Cellular wrote:

Bros, the player did not fall, still had the ball heading towards goal. Ref should've played the advantage. Even Brahimi was surprised at the call.

The player not falling does not mean it's not a penalty, and there is no rule that the ref must play the advantage especially when the foul occurred in the box.

Shehu is a solid player overall but he needs to stop diving in front of the attacker. This is not the first time he has pulled this move. We were lucky others were outside of the box, and it needs to be corrected so we do not cry at the world cup.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Donzman wrote:
Cellular wrote:

The player not falling does not mean it's not a penalty, and there is no rule that the ref must play the advantage especially when the foul occurred in the box.

Shehu is a solid player overall but he needs to stop diving in front of the attacker. This is not the first time he has pulled this move. We were lucky others were outside of the box, and it needs to be corrected so we do not cry at the world cup.
Let's just agree to disagree.

Penalty or no penalty, it doesn't take the shine off a MOM performance by Shehu.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...