Only the dishonest will say we are better than Senegal or SA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Only the dishonest will say we are better than Senegal o

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

All those claiming fresh faces were responsible for this disjointed display are being doubly dishonest. Today, England played with a group of new faces, many of them kids, including our own Tammy and boy did they put in a display.

See how crisp and accurate their passes were. See Vardie’s off the ball movement to create space for runners to latch on to Loftus-Cheek’s passes.

We are really a comical people. Anyway, we have set the bar so low in everything we do so why should football be any different? This is our same attitude to power supply, education, healthcare, public transport, housing, etc.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:All those claiming fresh faces were responsible for this disjointed display are being doubly dishonest. Today, England played with a group of new faces, many of them kids, including our own Tammy and boy did they put in a display.

See how crisp and accurate their passes were. See Vardie’s off the ball movement to create space for runners to latch on to Loftus-Cheek’s passes.

We are really a comical people. Anyway, we have set the bar so low in everything we do so why should football be any different? This is our same attitude to power supply, education, healthcare, public transport, housing, etc.
England played well on a GOOD field you clown!!!
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

waka-man wrote:Has anyone else ever wondered if Ayo and Yujam are the same person?
Very similar sentence structures, opinion masquerading as fact and an attempt to be controversial which ends up sounding debased.
Someone with time on their hands (DumbSister?) should do some analysis on this.
As different as night and day. Yujam gets to the point. Ayo rambling ten pointers
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

Waffiman wrote:
YUJAM wrote:He is at least partly right in my opinion. S Africa is better than Senegal. And the jury is out as to whether they are better than Nigeria. Let's see what the return leg of the ANC Qualifiers brings
SA and Senegal in the same group. Senegal has qualified for the WC, yet you claim SA are better than Senegal. On what basis?

You then contradict yourself by claiming let's see for the return leg of the ANC qualifiers for you to proclaim the SE as superior to SA. But contradict yourself by wanting to wait for the return leg of the ANC qualifiers to judge on Senegal. However, you are quick to judge on SA being a better team than Senegal despite Senegal having more points in the same group and getting WC qualification with one more game to play.

Let's deal in facts and not feelings. You are clearly using prejudice as the basis for your reasoning.
@Waffiman, I have given up on that dude long time ago with his myopic analysis.
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

How did the new boys cope?

Aina - Did well although struggled to track back at times. However, he is being played out of position as he is a natural rightback. For me, the search for a Leftback continues

Etebo- Worked hard but offers too little offensively. He is another defensive midfielder in my opinion. He also gives the hall away too much

Ogu- Fought for every ball and cannot be faulted for effort but he is a red card waiting to happen. How many fouls did he give away? Against Argentina, he will gift Messi at least three goals by conceding free kicks in dangerous areas

Nwakaeme - Was ineffective and anonymous. Maybe it was due to him being played out of position. He does not have the physicality to play as a targetman

Iheanacho - Another poor day at the office for him. Another player who is not strong enough to hold off challenges

Iwobi - Was absent in large patches. Shoved off the ball frequently and lacks the cutting edge we expected from him. Iwobi is never going to give us the creativity we got from his uncle

Of those who started against Zambia, Abdullahi, Ekong, Balogun and Ndidi all did very well. Only Ezenwa was found out not to be up to the task.
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Gotti wrote:
YUJAM wrote:He is at least partly right in my opinion. S Africa is better than Senegal. And the jury is out as to whether they are better than Nigeria. Let's see what the return leg of the ANC Qualifiers brings
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Comic relief on CE tonight...
Of Course man, its Friday :P :P :P
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Waffiman wrote:
SA and Senegal in the same group. Senegal has qualified for the WC, yet you claim SA are better than Senegal. On what basis?

You then contradict yourself by claiming let's see for the return leg of the ANC qualifiers for you to proclaim the SE as superior to SA. But contradict yourself by wanting to wait for the return leg of the ANC qualifiers to judge on Senegal. However, you are quick to judge on SA being a better team than Senegal despite Senegal having more points in the same group and getting WC qualification with one more game to play.

Let's deal in facts and not feelings. You are clearly using prejudice as the basis for your reasoning.
The mind baffles
One had to go back to basics of my PE days when the teacher asks

Q - "What is the aim of a football team during the match?"
A- To score more goals than your opponent

Anything else is jara - if you achieved your aim, you are the better side
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

nanijoe wrote:Has happened every time we qualified for the World Cup since 1998 ...of course we see it coming. We'll also be needing a World class coach very soon.
wanaj0 wrote:Agency business in full swing! Watch them rewuest for an overhaul of the team. Watch tgem list players that will make us better than RSA. We will hear hiw we qualified by luck.

Shameless people.
I think we should just throw the camp open and have everyone fight for a shirt...again
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Did we ever string five passes together in the 90 minutes?
Despite the poor pitch we did. Result is based on goals scored and performance is not limited to string of passes.

In this match, the result was not important. We all tuned in to see the performance. I would have had no problem if we had played well and lost.
oluphemmie007
Egg
Egg

Post by oluphemmie007 »

Abegi bros Ay, park well. We don't need all this i-sabi-football pose. U watched a qualifying series that we all watched. There were ups and downs but the team pulled through, in a most difficult group. Alludig that a team that didn't qualify is better than us is making mockery of the true definition of winning.

In this modern football ehn, eff passes and dribbles. Winning ni koko. You can take ur purist ideology back to the era of Cruyff and Co, it doesn't cut it any more. Rohr did the best he could with the players at his disposal - qualify for the world cup.

If yu won't mind, you cant write us a ten pointer on the virtue of qualifying for the world cup over the vice of many passes leading nowhere.
Manchester United: Trophies Yesterday, Today and Forever

This is Cybereagles...expect anything.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

wAyo aren't you getting a little too old for this? We get to play South Africa next year so we'll see.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Did we ever string five passes together in the 90 minutes?
Despite the poor pitch we did. Result is based on goals scored and performance is not limited to string of passes.

In this match, the result was not important. We all tuned in to see the performance. I would have had no problem if we had played well and lost.
What level of stupidity is this?

This is a guy you people are trying to have a discussion with?

Shouldn't you be judging figure skating... where you will be awarding points on Artistic Merit and degree of difficulty? :roll: :boo: :boo:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

oluphemmie007 wrote:Abegi bros Ay, park well. We don't need all this i-sabi-football pose. U watched a qualifying series that we all watched. There were ups and downs but the team pulled through, in a most difficult group. Alludig that a team that didn't qualify is better than us is making mockery of the true definition of winning.

In this modern football ehn, eff passes and dribbles. Winning ni koko. You can take ur purist ideology back to the era of Cruyff and Co, it doesn't cut it any more. Rohr did the best he could with the players at his disposal - qualify for the world cup.

If yu won't mind, you cant write us a ten pointer on the virtue of qualifying for the world cup over the vice of many passes leading nowhere.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You self. Ask yourself why Brazil is the most loved nation on earth when it comes to football.
oluphemmie007
Egg
Egg

Post by oluphemmie007 »

You can laugh all you want, not everyone loves Brazil. Your opinion of football is not supreme.

Now ask yurself, why does anyone love the Italian teams of old. Or tye German a.

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

oluphemmie007 wrote:You can laugh all you want, not everyone loves Brazil. Your opinion of football is not supreme.

Now ask yurself, why does anyone love the Italian teams of old. Or tye German a.

Na so me I know say dem dey tap leda:

Every football fan loves Pele, Jarzinho, Tostao, Revelinno, Garincha, Carlos Alberto, etc. They gave it the name the beautiful game.

For me, the only ones who come close are the Dutch masters. When Rinus Michels introduced Total Football at the 1974 World Cup, it blew everyone's heads away.

In all fairness to you, football will always be a subjective matter. Maybe I do come from the school of Santana, Michels, Cruyff, etc who want to win beautifully.

Back to our Eagles though, they do not inspire me at the moment at all. Contrast it with the way we were playing in the 1990s. Just compare this game here with what you saw yesterday:
oluphemmie007
Egg
Egg

Post by oluphemmie007 »

Now that we see football from different perspective, shall we agree the only objective ground for comparing the eagles and bafana bafana is qualification, one in which the eagles triumph?

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

oluphemmie007 wrote:Now that we see football from different perspective, shall we agree the only objective ground for comparing the eagles and bafana bafana is qualification, one in which the eagles triumph?

Eeerrrmmnn, they beat us in Uyo my broda!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

oluphemmie007 wrote:You can laugh all you want, not everyone loves Brazil. Your opinion of football is not supreme.

Jokes aside Femi, "winning ugly" is not sustainable. Long term success requires a proper game plan and a large amount of continuity. Look at all the great sides and you will notice that they played very entertaining football.

Watch that fourth goal in the 1970 World Cup final again. Pele said he did not even look to see if Carlos Alberto Pereira was there. He knew he would be because it was a move they had practised in training. Now that is what is called sustainable success!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
oluphemmie007 wrote:Now that we see football from different perspective, shall we agree the only objective ground for comparing the eagles and bafana bafana is qualification, one in which the eagles triumph?

They beat a different team than our current team.

Did you forget how many of our starters were missing in that game?

Anyway, I am glad that just like their coach they are still celebrating beating Naijaria in Uyo. Maybe while we are in Russia they will be rewatching that game over and over and giving themselves high fives... declaring a national holiday as well.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
oluphemmie007
Egg
Egg

Post by oluphemmie007 »

Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Anyway, I am glad that just like their coach they are still celebrating beating Naijaria in Uyo. Maybe while we are in Russia they will be rewatching that game over and over and giving themselves high fives... declaring a national holiday as well.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Excuse me. Look at the line-up that played in that match:

Akpeyi
Abdullahi
Echiejile
Ekong
Awaziem
Ndidi
Onazi
Etebo
Iwobi
Iheanacho
Simon

In what way is that team weaker than the one that took to the field yesterday?
oluphemmie007
Egg
Egg

Post by oluphemmie007 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Akpeyi
Abdullahi
Echiejile
Ekong
Awaziem
Ndidi
Onazi
Etebo
Iwobi
Iheanacho
Simon

I would think someone had made the point somewhere too...the team that played yesterday is an understregth side missing 5 starters. Any team that compares must also be an under strength side.

Thanks for making the point bolder

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

oluphemmie007 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Akpeyi
Abdullahi
Echiejile
Ekong
Awaziem
Ndidi
Onazi
Etebo
Iwobi
Iheanacho
Simon

I would think someone had made the point somewhere too...the team that played yesterday is an understregth side missing 5 starters. Any team that compares must also be an under strength side.

Thanks for making the point bolder

Now, go and look at the England side that played Germany yesterday. They did not make any excuses. The youngsters like Loftus-Cheek, Abraham, Pickford, Rushford, etc when out and did themselves and their nation proud.

Will you please stop making lame excuses for non-performing players. Jordan Pickford is only 23 and this is his first season in the English Premiership. He made his debut yesterday and excelled, putting Joe Hart's position in jeopardy.