CAMP NEWS: 4 in and waiting for Algeria......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
CAMP NEWS: 4 in and waiting for Algeria......

Post by Enugu II »

Olanrewaju, Omeruo replace Simon, Onazi, as Eagles’ camp bubble
By Abdulquadir Adedapo - November 6, 2017 65 0
http://aoifootball.com/2017/11/06/olanr ... mp-bubble/
SHARE Facebook Twitter

Owing to injury induced withdrawals, Super Eagles’ Head Coach, Gernot Rohr has called up Girona of Spain forward, Kayode Olanrewaju and Turkey-based defender, Kenneth Omeruo to fill the spaces left by Moses Simon and Ogenyi Onazi, AOIFootball.com can report.

Omeruo, who was originally on the standby for the matches against Algeria and Argentina, will now return to the team after been overlooked for previous games.

Kayode on the other hand, was drafted in after the Eagles’ lost two attacker’s to injury and the Girona striker was called up instead of Austria Vienna midfielder, Alhassan Ibrahim.

Kayode last featured for the Super Eagles in their 2-0 loss to South Africa in Uyo and will be hoping for a better outing with the national team against Algeria and Argentina.

Meanwhile the camp of the Super Eagles officially opened Sunday at the Hotel Farah in Rabat, Morocco. Coach Gernot Rohr and other members of his technical crew Salisu Yusuf, Alloy Agu, Imama Amapakabo, Nabil Trabelsi, Jean Luc Royer, Tunde Adelakun alongside the backroom staff Dayo Enebi Achor, Dr Ibrahim Gyaran, Anaemeka Anozie, Chidi Ngoka, Patrick Pascal and Toyin Ibitoye all settled in on Sunday.

Goalkeeper Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Ahmed Musa, Wilfred Ndidi and Mikel Agu have also arrived in camp with the other invited players expected later today.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
walesvilla
Egg
Egg
Re: CAMP NEWS: 4 in and waiting for Algeria......

Post by walesvilla »

taught Mikel Agu was out injuried ???
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

National team (ALGERIA): New Tenure Begins with Injuries that never fail
by Kamel Mohamed
http://www.lequotidien-oran.com/index.php?news=5252146
Interpreted from a translation

The course of the national football team, which starts today to extend until November 14, records several absences of players due to injury. Well before the start of the course, Youcef Attal, who is famous in his club in Kortrijk (Belgium), was injured and will be unavailable for six weeks. Fawzi Ghoulam of Napoli (Italy) is out for six months, while the last to date is Rami Bensebaini who is playing in Rennes (France). These three players play in the defensive compartment, which is the big focus for the new technical staff led by Rabah Madjer. The defensive compartment is the weak point of the national team.

The injury of these three players will have allowed other elements from the local championship to be selected and seize their chance. It is Arouss of the PAC, Nessakh of the ESS and Chafai of the USMA. This will allow these players to be present in force within the selection.

In addition to the injured, this first games are highly anticipated by both technical staff and players. The players will discover the new technical staff, knowing that it is the fourth staff who takes control of the selection since the departure of Christian Gourcuff. This situation of instability explains the fears and mistakes of some players who have spoken awkwardly in their media releases, like M'Bolhi, Feghouli, who had attacked their teammates, while Medjani had announced his international retirement before reconsidering his decision.

Madjer, whom the players know by reputation for his track record and his playing career, has indicated that he will start his tenure with a meeting with the 23 selected. He said his relationship with the players will be sincere and frank, saying he has never cheated in selection and will not accept that players cheat. Madjer also said that the players are still psychologically affected after the poor results of the national team at the CAN-2017 and qualifying matches of the World Cup-2018 in Russia. He noted that the consequences of this have negatively affected the players. In this sense, the new national coach must first retighten the morale of the players, and this goes through a victory against Nigeria.

As a reminder, the test of the national team intervenes in anticipation of the official match and without a major stake against Nigeria next Friday (20:30) in Constantine. The national team will then play a friendly against the Central African Republic at 5-July (20:30).

The training of the national team that begins today at the technical center of Sidi Moussa (Algiers) should record the presence of all players, with the exception of Zinedine Ferhat who was allowed to play his match with Le Havre and probably Djabou, retained by the ESS for the match delay against the JSK.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Excellent stuff Enugu II. I am particularly delighted that Kayode Olanrewaju has been invited to camp. Just give me Kelechi Nwakali and Brian Idowu and then, yes, I will be pleased with the roll call.

My heart bleeds at the fact that we could waste these two windows, given that our next camp will not be until March. By then, it will be too late to make any major changes to the squad.

I just hope of the new youngsters seize their opportunities with both hands. By the way, do you know that Rohr's policy on "standby" players is? Does he want them in Morocco or are they to stay put awaiting a phone call if they are needed? Different managers have different views on this.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Praise to the almighty say we don qualify.. those injuries for wahala us well well..( almost 5 starters out) Whatever the results in ALgeria i no send
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I am not too bothered about the line-up used against Algeria but from what I can see so far, of the players Rohr has in camp, this is the best 11 he can field against Argentina:

**********************************************Kayode***************************************

************************Onyekuru***************************Iheanacho*******************

*******************************************Iwobi*********************************************

**************************Mikel**********************************Ndidi***********************

***Idowu******************Balogun*********************Ekong*********************Aina***

**********************************************Uzoho*******************************************

I look forward to seeing how they cope.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I am not too bothered about the line-up used against Algeria but from what I can see so far, of the players Rohr has in camp, this is the best 11 he can field against Argentina:

**********************************************Kayode***************************************

************************Onyekuru***************************Iheanacho*******************

*******************************************Iwobi*********************************************

**************************Mikel**********************************Ndidi***********************

***Idowu******************Balogun*********************Ekong*********************Aina***

**********************************************Uzoho*******************************************

I look forward to seeing how they cope.
I am usually not a betting man, but...
I will stick my neck out on this one and say that barring injuries Uzoho will not play.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Praise to the almighty say we don qualify.. those injuries for wahala us well well..( almost 5 starters out) Whatever the results in ALgeria i no send
Na wa o...
Emir Kongi would have been shaking more than Shakey-Shakey and Alao put together!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

http://www.thenff.com/2017/11/8410/
Eagles settle down in Rabat, Mikel expected Tuesday
By The NFF
Updated: November 6, 2017

The Super Eagles on Monday in Rabat, Morocco began preparation for Friday’s 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier against Algeria which is scheduled for Constantine.

Meanwhile, Coach Gernot Rohr has replaced injured midfielder Ogenyi Onazi with defender Kenneth Omeruo, while Girona FC of Spain forward Olanrewaju Kayode takes the place of Moses Simon, who is also knocked out by injury.

All the technical crew and backroom staff arrived in Rabat on Sunday, alongside four players: Ahmed Musa, Wilfred Ndidi, Mikel Agu and goalkeeper Ikechukwu Ezenwa.

On Monday, Oghenekaro Etebo, Alex Iwobi, Olanrewaju Kayode, Henry Onyekuru, Chidiebere Nwakali, Kelechi Iheanacho, Uche Agbo and Chidozie Awaziem arrived in Casablanca
just after noon, and were immediately driven to Rabat.

Less than an hour after the crew of Etebo and seven others landed, Turkey –based defender Kenneth Omeruo and Israel –based duo of John Ogu and Anthony Nwakaeme also arrived at the Mohamed V Airport, Casablanca. They were also immediately driven to Rabat, where the team is quartered at the Golden Tulip Farah.

Team administrator Dayo Enebi Achor confirmed to thenff.com that team captain Mikel John Obi, as well as goalkeepers Francis Uzoho and Daniel Akpeyi, are expected in Rabat on Tuesday.

On Friday, the Super Eagles, with the Russia 2018 World Cup ticket already in their pocket, will fly to Constantine, where they face the Fennecs at the Stade Mohamed Hamlaoui from 8.30pm Algeria time on Friday.

On Saturday, the Nigerian team will fly aboard a chartered flight to Krasnodar, the Russian city that will host Tuesday’s international friendly against Argentina.
Last edited by Gotti on Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ezenwa or Uzoho

Shehu, Balogun, Ekong, Aina

Agu or Ogu, Mikel, Ndidi

Iwobi, Iheanacho, Onyekuru
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Rohr rewards hardwork and loyalty to the team and obeying rules,I doubt any new players that has never been invited before will get a starting spot vs Algeria. The lineup for Algeria will be as follows barring injuries.

Aina Awaziem Agbo Ebuehi

Ogu Agu

Musa Etebo Nwakaeme

Nacho

This is the team he will try to get at least a draw with. The main players will take on Argentina.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

This thread is useless with out pictures video of the press conference interviews and initiation ceremony and other team bonding exercises
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Flex Swift wrote:This thread is useless with out pictures video of the press conference interviews and initiation ceremony and other team bonding exercises
Go to instagram, the boys full ground posing for pics, posting videos etc...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:This thread is useless with out pictures video of the press conference interviews and initiation ceremony and other team bonding exercises
Why dont you post it here for us to enjoy?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Why dont you post it here for us to enjoy?
No
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr Shows wrote:
Chei!! Thanks Chief! Appreciate! :clap: :clap: :thumbs:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

where is Mikel new boy Uzoho and the last one coming from SA
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

With Musa's continuous invitation to SE, Rohr is making a point that you don't have to play football to play for SE, this is beyond ridiculous, Players are out there playing weekly trying to make SE and Rohr picks the usual junkies
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

9jaMan wrote:With Musa's continuous invitation to SE, Rohr is making a point that you don't have to play football to play for SE, this is beyond ridiculous, Players are out there playing weekly trying to make SE and Rohr picks the usual junkies
What are the odds Musa will score against Argentina.. :smile:
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Mr Shows wrote:
9jaMan wrote:With Musa's continuous invitation to SE, Rohr is making a point that you don't have to play football to play for SE, this is beyond ridiculous, Players are out there playing weekly trying to make SE and Rohr picks the usual junkies
What are the odds Musa will score against Argentina.. :smile:
please just leave Musa alone abi. coach don pick am take it or leave it -

Akepeyi or Musa to make 23 - i know who i will still pick :biggrin:
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Why all this hate for Musa it not as if he plays when called up ! He is there to provide valuable experience.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Mr Shows wrote:
Everytime I see Ezenwa, all I can think of is him shouting WAR CUP, WAR CUP, WAR CUP .. after we beat the crap out of Zambia. :taunt:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.