I am Proud of The Super Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
I am Proud of The Super Eagles

Post by danfo driver »

1. Bad pitch
2. Away match
3. Tough crowd who booed for 90 minutes
4. Opponent with very good played who terrorize opponents in Europe
5. Without 5 starters
6. With 2 full debuts and several new partnerships

:clap: :clap: :clap:

This was a tough game. And for me, I was just looking to examine he tram's mentality! Their strong will and heir determination! We controlled the game, we defended very well, and when we wanted to attack, we were able to keep possession. The team played very maturely.

John Ogu - this is a player I have never liked. But ignoring his goal, his performance was very strong.

Ola Aina - chei! How much of a blessing was it not to watch Echiejile today!? Kai!! Every time Mahrez had the ball, I was relaxed! :clap:

Shehu-- what a player we have got! Nothing more to be said! :clap: I don't think he even plays as a right back for his club!

We are creating a very strong and disciplined squad! Not just 11 but squad! I hope we can see nwakali, uzoho and onyekuru vs Argentina. There was one move that onyekuru did that completely killed the Algerian. If all goes well, imagine having onyekuru and victor Moses undressing teams? Odiegwu! :ohmy:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
niyi
Egg
Egg
Re: I am Proud of The Super Eagles

Post by niyi »

Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You can't praise Ola Aina without knocking Echiejile who played to qualify us for the WC? Are you sure you are proud of the SE?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

1naija wrote:You can't praise Ola Aina without knocking Echiejile who played to qualify us for the WC? Are you sure you are proud of the SE?
I can! But everyone who knows me here know that I can't stand Echiejile as a player. He is one of the worst I have ever seen and that's the reason he keeps getting kicked out of clubs. He is probably a very good human being, but as a footballer, he is detrimentally poor.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
fajex
Egg
Egg

Post by fajex »

danfo driver wrote:1. Bad pitch
2. Away match
5. Without 5 starters

This was a tough game. And for me, I was just looking to examine he tram's mentality! Their strong will and heir determination! We controlled the game, we defended very well, and when we wanted to attack, we were able to keep possession. The team played very maturely.

John Ogu - this is a player I have never liked. But ignoring his goal, his performance was very strong.

Ola Aina - chei! How much of a blessing was it not to watch Echiejile today!? Kai!! Every time Mahrez had the ball, I was relaxed! :clap:

Shehu-- what a player we have got! Nothing more to be said! :clap: I don't think he even plays as a right back for his club!

We are creating a very strong and disciplined squad! Not just 11 but squad! I hope we can see nwakali, uzoho and onyekuru vs Argentina. There was one move that onyekuru did that completely killed the Algerian. If all goes well, imagine having onyekuru and victor Moses undressing teams? Odiegwu! :ohmy:

Ogu was really impressive today. I now understand why a few had been asking for him. Good physique, uses it to advantage and seems cerebral.
Aina, seems to effortlessly kill off the opposition ( while looking deceptively harmless). Will like to see him more, but truly I was impressed.
Shehu, exquisite, happy we have him, I think there is more he will deliver.
What's happening to Iheanacho and Etebo? Both below par today in my opinion.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

2. Away match
5. Without 5 starters
7. Opponents with ZERO motivation
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Rawlings wrote:
2. Away match
5. Without 5 starters

Qiestion: What is dead rubber?

Answer: phrase Ghananese will never hear.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

fajex wrote:
2. Away match
5. Without 5 starters

Ogu was really impressive today. I now understand why a few had been asking for him. Good physique, uses it to advantage and seems cerebral.
Aina, seems to effortlessly kill off the opposition ( while looking deceptively harmless). Will like to see him more, but truly I was impressed.

Oh boy, I am one of Ogu's biggest critics and I simply never liked the way he plays. But its reasonable to give someone applause when they do well. :clap: :clap: :clap: His play today reminds me of Matic from the Spurs game. When everyone here was insulting him and he won Man of the Match. :rotf: With the role they play, you just have to watch them closely. Forget atilogwu or running around like headless chicken. Watch how many times they dispossess their opponent, or appeared in the right place at the right time. Sneak balls out of their opponents grip... kill opponents attacks by calming the game down with passess or holding on to the ball .... kai! He did well. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: He is still not my favorite, but I think he has matured. perhaps CL football etc... and time has improved him sha. Or perhaps playing with a absolute beast like Ndidi who covers all the earth gave him the paltform to play his own game.

I truly hope Nwakali plays against Argentina and has a wonderful game.. I feel like we need another midfielder with intensity, just in case some country tries to pull Amokachi-Onazi on us again by taking out Ndidi or Onazi.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote:
:
This. :agree: :clap:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I wasn't somproud of our team today? They worked,fought and kept their intensity for 90mins without rest. They were focused on getting a result and didn't ever once think of giving up.My only concern is that they Algeria get in their heads towards the end with petty fights and fouls. Ogu was massive,we have no other mf that would've scored that goal with his left foot. None!
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:I wasn't somproud of our team today? They worked,fought and kept their intensity for 90mins without rest. They were focused on getting a result and didn't ever once think of giving up.My only concern is that they Algeria get in their heads towards the end with petty fights and fouls. Ogu was massive,we have no other mf that would've scored that goal with his left foot. None!
Bro, you got this wrong. That was actually working in our favor. We were using those to waste time and to rile them up. Like when Iwobi clearly said something that irked the Algerian defender. :rotf: :rotf: Or when Shehu lured Brahimi into a squabble, for which Brahimi should have been red carded! Bro! I love todays game well well... for the first time in almost ever, I saw naija play a game like dem Argentina and the rest of those countries who have perfected the idea of winning at all cost! :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: We would have won but for the last minute dash dash when referee dash them! And that yellow card to Brahimi, instead of red!

I truly hope ROhr does his thing and not allow himself to be convinced by these people trying to break the team.
Komani
Egg
Egg

Post by Komani »

Rawlings wrote:
2. Away match
5. Without 5 starters

If any team would lack motivation, it would've been us. You do know what a dead rubber match means right?
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Rawlings wrote:
2. Away match
5. Without 5 starters

Is the Ghana team motivated today? Algeria was more motivated and you can see how they fought and dived on the pitch.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

What impressed the most was our players leeping Algeria uncomfortable and rushing to the Algerians when they had possession of the ball. Outside of all thT,YOU FUYS LIKE TO OVER HYPE some players performance...Ogu's goal was lovely though
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

1naija wrote:You can't praise Ola Aina without knocking Echiejile who played to qualify us for the WC? Are you sure you are proud of the SE?
But going forward if we need to improve Echiejile may need to step aside!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

danfo driver wrote:
fajex wrote:
2. Away match
5. Without 5 starters

Oh boy, I am one of Ogu's biggest critics and I simply never liked the way he plays. But its reasonable to give someone applause when they do well. :clap: :clap: :clap: His play today reminds me of Matic from the Spurs game. When everyone here was insulting him and he won Man of the Match. :rotf: With the role they play, you just have to watch them closely. Forget atilogwu or running around like headless chicken. Watch how many times they dispossess their opponent, or appeared in the right place at the right time. Sneak balls out of their opponents grip... kill opponents attacks by calming the game down with passess or holding on to the ball .... kai! He did well. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: He is still not my favorite, but I think he has matured. perhaps CL football etc... and time has improved him sha. Or perhaps playing with a absolute beast like Ndidi who covers all the earth gave him the paltform to play his own game.

I truly hope Nwakali plays against Argentina and has a wonderful game.. I feel like we need another midfielder with intensity, just in case some country tries to pull Amokachi-Onazi on us again by taking out Ndidi or Onazi.
Ogu gives away too many fouls. He will be a God-sent to Argentina, kind of like Eguavoen.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
fajex wrote:
2. Away match
5. Without 5 starters

Ogu gives away too many fouls. He will be a God-sent to Argentina, kind of like Eguavoen.
In the game you watched? Or in his career?
I bet you don't know who gave away the most fouls in the game against Algeria.
You just like talking crap.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Rawlings wrote: 7. Opponents with ZERO motivation
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
If they had zero motivation playing at home under a new coach looking to build a new team, then what kind of motivation did Nigeria have playing away from home on a crappy pitch when they'd already qualified for the WC?
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
2. Away match
5. Without 5 starters

Qiestion: What is dead rubber?

Answer: phrase Ghananese will never hear.
:D :taunt: :taunt: :D
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Orion wrote:
Rawlings wrote: 7. Opponents with ZERO motivation
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
If they had zero motivation playing at home under a new coach looking to build a new team, then what kind of motivation did Nigeria have playing away from home on a crappy pitch when they'd already qualified for the WC?
Why do you people keep feeding this Roachlings of a guy?
He is only here to grab and feed off your attention. :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "