Can we really judge Nwakaeme ...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Can we really judge Nwakaeme ...

Post by 1naija »

.....without Mikel and Moses? Would Ighalo have done better in this game? While i think every player trying to break into a team should grab every opportunity he gets with both hands, i think this should not be a fibal nail in his coffin until we see him getting better quality supply and still can't perform . He did play like a lower league player.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Can we really judge Nwakaeme ...

Post by ohenhen1 »

Yes, we can judge him. He doesn't fit our system. Which is quick counter attacking football. We need more friendlies to test players. Yes Ighalo would have done better. Ighalo hold up play is really good.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

ohenhen1 wrote:Yes, we can judge him. He doesn't fit our system. Which is quick counter attacking football. We need more friendlies to test players. Yes Ighalo would have done better. Ighalo hold up play is really good.
But he didn't get quality splitting passes like Ighalo gets from Mikel and Moses.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

I think judging a player after one game is unfair especially one like Nwakaeme who actually showed he has some skill
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The guy is going to go to the worldcup
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

1naija wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Yes, we can judge him. He doesn't fit our system. Which is quick counter attacking football. We need more friendlies to test players. Yes Ighalo would have done better. Ighalo hold up play is really good.
But he didn't get quality splitting passes like Ighalo gets from Mikel and Moses.
Ighalo creates those quality splitting passes for his team mates like Iwobi and Moses.

To play for the 2017 Eagles as a striker, you have to be mobile and play good hold up play. Nwakaeme is too rigid for our system. Issac Success is perfect. The problem is his off the field issues is affecting his professional career.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Not good enough
Komani
Egg
Egg

Post by Komani »

He'll make the WC squad.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

at this point you have to show that you belong.

Nwaekame absolutely did not.

NEXT.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

1naija wrote:.....without Mikel and Moses? Would Ighalo have done better in this game? While i think every player trying to break into a team should grab every opportunity he gets with both hands, i think this should not be a fibal nail in his coffin until we see him getting better quality supply and still can't perform . He did play like a lower league player.
My brother, Iheanacho has also opened the same question on himself. In the first half he was out wide and ineffective. In the second, he was in the center and hardly touched the ball. If there are people beginning to look over their shoulder, I will place him on that list. The saving grace is that other options might not mature on time as it's obvious Rohr has specific characteristics he's looking for.

I know he's a damn good striker, but he's having one heck of a poor season and he needs to sit-up.
To stop trying is to start dying
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Nwakaeme is at best a squad player who is down the pecking order, at least he will be grateful if he makes the WC squad.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote:Nwakaeme is at best a squad player who is down the pecking order, at least he will be grateful if he makes the WC squad.

No way on earth should he go to Russia.

We have yet to even look at the likes of

Sadiq Umar
Isaac Success
Noah Bazee
Dennis Bonaventure

Even without looking at these guys he would not even make a 23 man squad based on the players we have looked at. Who would he beat out

Odion Ighalo
Kelechi Iheanacho
Henry Onyekuru
Ahmed Musa
Oyu Kayode
Alex Iwobi
Moses Simon
Victor Moses

HE AINT GOOD ENOUGH PERIOD.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

vancity eagle wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Nwakaeme is at best a squad player who is down the pecking order, at least he will be grateful if he makes the WC squad.

No way on earth should he go to Russia.

We have yet to even look at the likes of

Sadiq Umar
Isaac Success
Noah Bazee
Dennis Bonaventure

Even without looking at these guys he would not even make a 23 man squad based on the players we have looked at. Who would he beat out

Odion Ighalo
Kelechi Iheanacho
Henry Onyekuru
Ahmed Musa
Oyu Kayode
Alex Iwobi
Moses Simon
Victor Moses

HE AINT GOOD ENOUGH PERIOD.
I will say Iheanacho has somehow played himself into the 'maybe' list. Started the first half out wide and did nothing - no impact. Started the second as the main man, yet hardly had a kick. He has a few months to really start hitting the high standards we know he has, or he might find his place in jeopardy if others take their chances.
To stop trying is to start dying
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

green4life wrote:Not good enough
On what bases is he not good enough? Igahlo had over 10 matches and was very poor in those matches.

The guy has some good touch and his position bought some balance to the play of the team. You guys don’t play soccer only on the computer, it is not that simple.

The ball movement and the players interplay balance is very vital to the structure of the team. One thing I know is that the guy has some football brain with his movements and shielding of the ball.

We should have tried someone like Bonaventure and Paul onauncha.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Iheanacho one of our top talents at epl in your maybe list. People just like talking nonsense on this place. Their replacement would most likely be one of the players at the backwater league
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Ighalo
Iheanacho
Moses
Iwobi
Musa
Simon are guaranteed World Cup place except injury or disrespect l. The coach would add 1/2 new guys at that forward position. You can take that to the ban
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

All I will say in Nwakaeme’s favour is that he was played out of position. Maybe he would have done better if played in his usual position our wide. Against Argentina, Kayode HAS to start with maybe Onyekuru and Nwakaeme either side of him.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Nwakaeme doesn't do enough to trouble defenders with his movement as a striker. We have better options.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Anyone who thinks you can judge and dump a player after one game should be taken out, made to pay for the bullet and all burying cost and shot like a mingy dog. Msshhheeeww
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

I saw enough of nwakaeme to conclude he deserves a closer look playing his natural role as a wide forward
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote:.....without Mikel and Moses? Would Ighalo have done better in this game? While i think every player trying to break into a team should grab every opportunity he gets with both hands, i think this should not be a fibal nail in his coffin until we see him getting better quality supply and still can't perform . He did play like a lower league player.
Sorry bros, the guy no be am.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

pajimoh wrote:Anyone who thinks you can judge and dump a player after one game should be taken out, made to pay for the bullet and all burying cost and shot like a mingy dog. Msshhheeeww
Oga, he is just not it. There are guys itching for the opportunity to audition for the job.

Kayode for example dey bench... even our young strikers would relish the opportunity to come and show their stuff.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I think it has now been concluded that our two starting wide forwards will be Victor Moses and Henry Onyekuru. Let us see Kayode in action against Argentina to determine who is our best targetman out of him and Ighalo.

For me it is just a shame Kelechi Nwakali was not invited for us to see if he would fill the playmaker role. Clearly, Iwobi and Etebo cannot.