John Ogu

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oluphemmie007
Egg
Egg
Re: John Ogu

Post by oluphemmie007 »

Celluminati, I hail you sir. Thanks for true objectivity....not chest thumping lies masquerading as facts. Ogu was good last night, only honest people would see otherwise.
Manchester United: Trophies Yesterday, Today and Forever

This is Cybereagles...expect anything.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Ogu, Aina and Shehu were by far d best players yesterday.

I know it’s controversial but man Ogu looked like the premiership player and Ndidi looked like the Israeli league player in that game. Ndidi is world class when we don’t have d ball and Sunday league with the ball on his feet. Just leggy and lethargic with his passing. Ogu On d other hand was composure personified. The boy try yesterday.

Looking forward to a midfield of Ogu Onazi and Mikel.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ugbowo wrote:Ogu, Aina and Shehu were by far d best players yesterday.

I know it’s controversial but man Ogu looked like the premiership player and Ndidi looked like the Israeli league player in that game. Ndidi is world class when we don’t have d ball and Sunday league with the ball on his feet. Just leggy and lethargic with his passing. Ogu On d other hand was composure personified. The boy try yesterday.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

You people think Ayo actually have time to watch matches? Ok oooo :tic:
Otitokoro wrote:Thanks for clarifying.
We need to do more of this on CE to help shut down folks who spew alot of BS
Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Now count how many free kicks he gave away in dangerous areas. Then ask yourself what will happen if we were playing against Lionel Messi with that kind of statistic.
Like I suspected, you didn't pay attention to the match.

I just finished watching the first half with pen and paper charting misplaced passes and fouls.

Guess what?

Ogu had a total of ONE (1) misplaced pass and 2 fouls in the first half. The one that got him carded was in the 42nd minute.

Ndidi had SEVEN (7) misplaced passes and 4 fouls in the first half alone.

Balogun had FIVE (5) misplaced passes himself.

But your bias won't let you watch the match objectively.

Ps., it didn't help that the anouncer sometimes mistook Ogu for Ndidi.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Unless Ogu wound, him play himself enter Russia yesterday. German coach like big body no be small!
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Looking forward to a midfield of Ogu Onazi and Mikel
[/quote]
Onazi ogu mikel is not a bad idea
Not bad at all
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

smartbrother wrote:

Looking forward to a midfield of Ogu Onazi and Mikel
Onazi ogu mikel is not a bad idea
Not bad at all[/quote]

And then when Ogu has a bad game, you guys will crucify him and call him slow. Mikel is an AM, Onazi is a CM and a very irresponsible DM who is not the best, positionally. What do you think will happen? :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
nzeogwu wrote:Seventh player: And Onazi

If anything, we have the deepest bench in Nigerian history. Let me ask a basic question. Could the 1994 team have gone to Algeria and played a 1-1 draw minus seven starters?

We would have dropped:

Finidi/Simon
Amunike/Moses
Yekini/Ighalo
Okocha/Mikel
Agbonavbare/Enyeama
Iroha/Uwa
Oliseh/Onazi

It's not even possible.
Chei see insult. Comparing the headless chicken Simon Moses to the legend Finidi George is like comparing Ezenwa with Okala!

Did you really understand the question? he is talking about the bench not finidi :scared:

Ayo you really get agenda.......
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

To do well in the WC beyond praying for all the ducks to line up every match, we need:

1) Alternative looks and line-ups.

2) Some alternate line-ups with iron in the midfield.

We need all 23 players. No one is going for tourism in Mosko. Dis wan no be Rio or Capetown.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

That is where i agreed and also disagree.

That leggy approach is why Ndidi is world class in the EPL , also Onazi can not do that without getting a card.

A midfield of Ogu, Ndidi and Mikel will be more appropriate.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

osita wrote:

That leggy approach is why Ndidi is world class in the EPL , also Onazi can not do that without getting a card.

Ndidi is our best midfielder and no coach will bench him! NONE!! Lol abeg make unannounced make me laugh! :lol:
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

osita wrote:

Ndidi is not a great holding midfielder
He;s a great midfield destroyer but he doesnt keep possession or pass particularly well
AFAIC we should consider all midfield permutations including those that do not involve Ndidi in the starting 11.
With that being said, IMHO our best midfield configuration is Mikel + Ndidi i.e. a flat 2 man midfield (with Iwobi and Moses on the wings)
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

smartbrother wrote:
osita wrote:

Ndidi is not a great holding midfielder
He;s a great midfield destroyer but he doesnt keep possession or pass particularly well
AFAIC we should consider all midfield permutations including those that do not involve Ndidi in the starting 11.
With that being said, IMHO our best midfield configuration is Mikel + Ndidi i.e. a flat 2 man midfield (with Iwobi and Moses on the wings)
Ndidi and Onazi are both patchy in possession. What I'd give for a fully fit Joel Obi...
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

My goodness, I just rewatched the game and focused on the trio in midfield. .oh my Ogu nah beast, the amount of hard tackles he made , the way he allowed Ndidi to roam up front ..my goodness we a very secured in the midfield. ..the guy who wore the red boots yesterday was a beast ..back to back games...kai SE don improve oooo
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Mikel and Ndidi MUST START. Anything else is pure madness.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The freekick we scor3d, the foul on Iwobi, all started from Ogu.... :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

We have started the rubbish again. Ndidi should be one of the first names on the sheet. Lets hope he is not tired by the time he gets to Russia.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cristao II wrote:We have started the rubbish again. Ndidi should be one of the first names on the sheet. Lets hope he is not tired by the time he gets to Russia.
Onazi, Ndidi, and Mikel are our starting 3, its not even a debate, then the DM subs Agu/Ogu and co can fight over it, CM/AM subs Etebo dey there.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Bigpokey24 wrote:My goodness, I just rewatched the game and focused on the trio in midfield. .oh my Ogu nah beast, the amount of hard tackles he made , the way he allowed Ndidi to roam up front ..my goodness we a very secured in the midfield. ..the guy who wore the red boots yesterday was a beast ..back to back games...kai SE don improve oooo
Ogu is very disciplined in his positioning which allowed both Ndidi and Mikel freedom to do more good things for the team. :agree:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I was not a big fan of Ogu but his performances against Algeria and Argentina have won me over. He should now let his football do his talking and cut off the media hype.
I am happy
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Finally saw the recorded BEINsports transmission of the match.
Ogu was a composed and disciplined presence in Nigeria's midfield. He had a very good game and kept things simple as usual. A great option to have in your squad.
Ndidi was his battling self. A great asset. That guy covers great distance through matches.
Nigeria is definitely on to something - even the much talked about Akpeyi was decent. Balogun took some time to adjust to the formation change but his quality was glaring. He will definitely thrive on better team chemistry.
Absolutely impressed with Iwobi, Kelechi, Mikel, Uzoho, Ebuehi and the rest of the team. We should not hesitate to put faith in Uzoho - he is ready and confident. All the attributes are there and will likely be among the best in the world in a few years.
This is just impressive for a team missing Moses, Onazi and Ighalo. Musa and Kayode also looked sharp and dangerous despite limited touches.
I hope and pray for Sarenren's return to fitness to add even more quality to available options.
Mr Rohr & tech crew, the NFF and this highly professional group of footballers have done well and can only get better!
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

YemiBrazil wrote:Finally saw the recorded BEINsports transmission of the match.
Ogu was a composed and disciplined presence in Nigeria's midfield. He had a very good game and kept things simple as usual. A great option to have in your squad.
Ndidi was his battling self. A great asset. That guy covers great distance through matches.
Nigeria is definitely on to something - even the much talked about Akpeyi was decent. Balogun took some time to adjust to the formation change but his quality was glaring. He will definitely thrive on better team chemistry.
Absolutely impressed with Iwobi, Kelechi, Mikel, Uzoho, Ebuehi and the rest of the team. We should not hesitate to put faith in Uzoho - he is ready and confident. All the attributes are there and will likely be among the best in the world in a few years.
This is just impressive for a team missing Moses, Onazi and Ighalo. Musa and Kayode also looked sharp and dangerous despite limited touches.
I hope and pray for Sarenren's return to fitness to add even more quality to available options.
Mr Rohr & tech crew, the NFF and this highly professional group of footballers have done well and can only get better!
Abeg, can you or someone in the know give us the download on this guy...
His name keeps popping up but many of us know little or nothing about him.

Yes, we've seen the Youtube clips but some personal views on what he brings to the table and how he would fit in would really help - as long as those views are not Ayo's. :P

Cheers! :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Dammy wrote:I was not a big fan of Ogu but his performances against Algeria and Argentina have won me over. He should now let his football do his talking and cut off the media hype.
what media hype?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”