Personally I am rooting for the two teams Down Under

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Personally I am rooting for the two teams Down Under

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] It is called the World Cup and consequently should reflect the globe appropriately
[2] I am of the opinion that to be a genuinely global competition, it is only fair to have New Zealand and Australia at Russia 2018
[3] Besides, I feel some empathy towards the Oceania region. Do you know that Africa, asia and Oceania used to have one World Cup slot between them?
[4] When Morocco went to her first World Cup in 1970, it was because she beat Palestine in a play-off
[5] Anyway, I want to see both nations win
[6] Australia are nearly there, having drawn 0-0 with Honduras in San Pedro Sula:
[7] New Zealand played a 0-0 draw in Wellington too:
[8] I am 80% certain Australia will pull it off when they host Honduras again on Wednesday in Sydney
[9] New Zealand travel to Lima too on Wednesday. That will be a tougher tie though
[10] Watch both games and you will see that both sides are actually decent. If you ask me, it is only a matter of time before football becomes as popular as cricket and rugby in both nations.
akamoke
Re: Personally I am rooting for the two teams Down Under

Post by akamoke »

World cup is not for sentiments, win your games or have superior head to head in this case,then you are in
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Australia will make it but I think New Zealand done,they did their best but the journeys over till the next time around :sad:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

We played scrappy but we go make am.

As for our cousins across the Tasman, they have a shot, but e go hard oh.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT