Russia 0 Argentina 1 (Kun) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Russia 0 Argentina 1 (Kun) FT

Post by Scipio Africanus »

37th min. One way traffic. All Argentina. I do not think Russia have had a single shot on goal all game. If not for Akinfeev, this would be 3-0.

However, I am confident we can hurt this Argentina team. Just have to break their midfield wall and it will be a free for all.
Last edited by Scipio Africanus on Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Russia 0 Argentina 0

Akinfeev!!! Spectacular save from Kun on the volley!

Wha choo looking at?!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

we will be playing them without Messi. They may also rest one or two players to give some newer guys a chance.

Anything less than a draw is not acceptable. This team is overrated.

We have no bad pitch for this match, no excuses.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote:we will be playing them without Messi. They may also rest one or two players to give some newer guys a chance.

Argentina (like most teams) struggle when they come up against a disciplined defense. They have never played us with the quality of defense we have now. I do not see them scoring against us in open play. I predict a 3-1 win for us in this friendly against them.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Russia 0 Argentina 1 (Kun)

Finally. Kun Aguero with the breakthrough for Argentina! 1-0!

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Russia 0 Argentina 1 (Kun) FT

FT.

Wha choo looking at?!
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:we will be playing them without Messi. They may also rest one or two players to give some newer guys a chance.

Argentina (like most teams) struggle when they come up against a disciplined defense. They have never played us with the quality of defense we have now. I do not see them scoring against us in open play. I predict a 3-1 win for us in this friendly against them.
Easy fella... we are also missing Ighalo and Moses.l will be watching our two central backs closely. It might be a long day for them.
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Abbey wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

Easy fella... we are also missing Ighalo and Moses.l will be watching our two central backs closely. It might be a long day for them.
Our two center backs, tall, strong and with impeccable positioning, are a nightmare for Argentina. Think Germany, Mertesacker, Friedrich, Hummels, Howedes dem.

Wha choo looking at?!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Argentina will play mostly on the ground. They will not get much in the air against our back 2.

Can the Oyinbo wall cope with skillfully quick attackers who play the ball on the ground.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote:Argentina will play mostly on the ground. They will not get much in the air against our back 2.

Can the Oyinbo wall cope with skillfully quick attackers who play the ball on the ground.
They will not get much in the air or on the ground. Their game is built on quick pass interchange and movement. Works very well against defenders who are easily dragged out of position. Not so well against defenders who won't. Their best hope to score will be fouls around the box, corner kicks or PKs.

Wha choo looking at?!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Highlights:

[/video]
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I love you guys confidence but this team is designed to nullify our 433 / 451 set up. The whole idea is to overload the full back and force you to decide whether to keep you wide attackers in an offensive position and get punished, or in a defensive posture and thus isolate you main striker.
With VM out, this might be a game to experiment with 4411 with Iheanacho behind say Kayode, Mikel and Ndidi as CMs and Etebo and Iwobi out wide.
You’ll sacrifice Onyekuru and Simon’s attacking threat for the more defensive capabilities of Etebo and Iwobi, but you’d give the full backs the protection they need and make space for Iheanacho to exploits the holes that’ll appear between their mid and defence.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Wow... that goal was SOOOO offside!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

It depends entirely on the team Sampaoli puts out. If it's shy of a Frankensteinian experiment, it will be a very capable opponent, one that Nigeria will need to be on her "day" to keep pace with. Let's not for a second think the weight brackets are the same here. At full strength in both corners, it's an Argentina win, a stoppage more than a points decision. The game presents an opportunity for the team to face technicality as opposed to tenacity. A comfortable win for Nigeria? Hardly. If there is a win at all, it will be hard earned.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

marutimon wrote:Wow... that goal was SOOOO offside!
No it was not. Look at 9:20 of the clip supplied by Damunk.

Wha choo looking at?!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I will be shocked even with key players missing this team don't put Argentina away.SE, is the best African team going to the world cup and should be looking at win it for Africa.all this last 8 is the goal is rubbish.
SE might be the Leicester of ELL, 2015/2016
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Scipio Africanus wrote:

Okay so I was off by a couple of goals, but I no tok am? :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

Okay so I was off by a couple of goals, but I no tok am? :mrgreen:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley