Our last full back test

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Our last full back test

Post by Tobi17 »

will be seen and hopefully tried against Argentina for it to be deemed set and ready, and its expected that Brian Idowu will be joining the team from his base in Russia where the friendly will take place. Rohr would most likely try Ebuehi in the RB and rest Shehu (who has pretty much sealed that RB position), then rest Aina and see Idowu play the LB position, the interesting thing all three of our new full backs: Aina, Ebuehi, and Idowu can comfortably play both the LB and RB... in all our full back FUTURE quartet (Aina, Ebuehi, Shehu, and Idowu) looks to be set, Echejilie of course will still be a squad player because of his experience and might probably start on occasion, but we can all agree that he is no longer a starting 11 player for the SE in the grand scheme of expectations.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Our last full back test

Post by Damunk »

Don't rule our Nura making a late entry.
He is HIGHLY rated at Roma and they are simply waiting for him to regain full fitness after a long term injury
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Tobi17 wrote:will be seen and hopefully tried against Argentina for it to be deemed set and ready, and its expected that Brian Idowu will be joining the team from his base in Russia where the friendly will take place. Rohr would most likely try Ebuehi in the RB and rest Shehu (who has pretty much sealed that RB position), then rest Aina and see Idowu play the LB position, the interesting thing all three of our new full backs: Aina, Ebuehi, and Idowu can comfortably play both the LB and RB... in all our full back FUTURE quartet (Aina, Ebuehi, Shehu, and Idowu) looks to be set, Echejilie of course will still be a squad player because of his experience and might probably start on occasion, but we can all agree that he is no longer a starting 11 player for the SE in the grand scheme of expectations.
I don't think Rohr will rest anybody.
He will play with the best possible line-up and that means Shehu will start from the right and Aina from the left.
Rohr knows how hard the public could turn against him in Nigeria should this game be lost even though it is a friendly.
He cannot afford to rest his best legs. Furthermore Rohr will like to further work on team chemistry.
Why should he rest Aina who is just starting to establish him in the national team?
The boy needs further minutes.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

‘This internet coaches are crazy. They recommend our coach not fielding his best possible line up at the quickest chance but will turn against him upon any loss
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Tobi17 wrote:will be seen and hopefully tried against Argentina for it to be deemed set and ready, and its expected that Brian Idowu will be joining the team from his base in Russia where the friendly will take place. Rohr would most likely try Ebuehi in the RB and rest Shehu (who has pretty much sealed that RB position), then rest Aina and see Idowu play the LB position, the interesting thing all three of our new full backs: Aina, Ebuehi, and Idowu can comfortably play both the LB and RB... in all our full back FUTURE quartet (Aina, Ebuehi, Shehu, and Idowu) looks to be set, Echejilie of course will still be a squad player because of his experience and might probably start on occasion, but we can all agree that he is no longer a starting 11 player for the SE in the grand scheme of expectations.
Nwakali is in the mix. He is primarily a right back and he is very talented. He might yet surprise you. I also highly recommend 2 new additions in central defense for the next few friendlies. Say what you will but Ambrose and Omeruo both need to be looked at. At the very least, Awaziem and Agbo both need to demonstrate that they are worthier subs than the aforementioned two :!:

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

john12 wrote:‘This internet coaches are crazy. They recommend our coach not fielding his best possible line up at the quickest chance but will turn against him upon any loss
Exactly. :lol:

Naija 4 life!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

DAgrin wrote:
He will play with the best possible line-up and that means Shehu will start from the right and Aina from the left.
Rohr knows how hard the public could turn against him in Nigeria should this game be lost even though it is a friendly.
He cannot afford to rest his best legs. Furthermore Rohr will like to further work on team chemistry.
Why should he rest Aina who is just starting to establish him in the national team?
:agree:

Totally agree that Rohr will likely START off with the ‘strongest’ available lineup...
Also I don’t think Idowu has a Naija passport yet, or that Rohr will field him after just 2 days in camp.

PS: Further, if I was a betting man, I would put my money on Akpeyi starting in goal.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Gotti wrote:
DAgrin wrote:

Totally agree that Rohr will likely START off with the ‘strongest’ available lineup...
Also I don’t think Idowu has a Naija passport yet, or that Rohr will field him after just 2 days in camp.

PS: Further, if I was a betting man, I would put my money on Akpeyi starting in goal.
:agree: Mikel and the available starters will begin the game.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Gotti wrote:
DAgrin wrote:

I have a sneaky feeling Uzoho might get a look in at least for one of the halves
To stop trying is to start dying
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote:Don't rule our Nura making a late entry.
He is HIGHLY rated at Roma and they are simply waiting for him to regain full fitness after a long term injury
He’s reportedly injured again...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Nura needs playing time at Roma or Serie B.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Gotti wrote:
That's why I didn't include him, his injury episodes are very worrying... kinda the same situation with Joel Obi.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I'm not sure what's happened but Serie A players most definitely would have been sorted by Nigeria but Obi when not injured has been ignored, so I fear the same fate for Nura (I hope I'm wrong ).
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Shownoja wrote:
Gotti wrote:
DAgrin wrote:

I have a sneaky feeling Uzoho might get a look in at least for one of the halves
I have the same feeling.
Rohr will have sleepless nights over this.
He knows that we have goalkeeper issue.
He can either stick with Ezenwa and hope that the goalkeeper training and experience further improves him or give a youngster a chance to prove himself.
But that would mean we start again. He will need time to adopt and handle the pressure.
The third option would be to hope that Enyeama or Ikeme will be back for the WC what means we play with an interim goalkeeper for now.
Very difficult decision to make.
To be honest I hope that Enyeama regains full fitness.
I think we still need him in this situation where we have a team who can reach great heights but misses a good goalkeeper.
And unlike others I'm not worried Enyema would be a trouble maker under the current coach.
Should he turn out to be one Rohr would surely kick him out.

Naija 4 life!
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

Gotti wrote:
DAgrin wrote:

I think Ezenwa will start, he need big match experience. His performance in Algeria not withstanding.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

I really don't see him making this team or the WC squad.
He needs to heal and get at least half a season under his belt at Roma.
Realistically, I don't see that happening before the WC.
Gotti wrote:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

We are far from done yet. First of all we need to try out Kingsley Ehizibue . Then when we are done we need to know how many options we have on the left. Ola Aina is a natural rightfullback so we need a true left footed as understudy to Idowu.

There are still about three players Rohr needs to look at. Awuzie, Touranighoura and Ousman all need to be checked out.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Ayo STFU who the heck is Kingsley’s ehizibue now? Enlighten of this nonsense Forumer needs to be cautioned at this site for bribery and treachery. These clowns would sell their nation for some coins. I’m tired of his nonsense and it’s very irritating
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

DAgrin wrote:
Shownoja wrote:
Gotti wrote:
DAgrin wrote:

I have the same feeling.
Rohr will have sleepless nights over this.
He knows that we have goalkeeper issue.
He can either stick with Ezenwa and hope that the goalkeeper training and experience further improves him or give a youngster a chance to prove himself.
But that would mean we start again. He will need time to adopt and handle the pressure.
The third option would be to hope that Enyeama or Ikeme will be back for the WC what means we play with an interim goalkeeper for now.
Very difficult decision to make.
To be honest I hope that Enyeama regains full fitness.
I think we still need him in this situation where we have a team who can reach great heights but misses a good goalkeeper.
And unlike others I'm not worried Enyema would be a trouble maker under the current coach.
Should he turn out to be one Rohr would surely kick him out.
Under normal circumstances, the three goalkeepers we would be taking to Russia would be:
Enyeama
Iheme
Uzoho

Nobody else really has any business in that team. However, illness and injury has forced Rohr’s hand.

Which two goalkeepers accompany Uzoho out of:

Ezenwa
Akpeyi
Alampasu
Ajiboye

Tough decision I guess.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Err..., you do know that Kingsley Ehizugbue is a right winger, right?
Ayo Akinfe wrote:We are far from done yet. First of all we need to try out Kingsley Ehizibue . Then when we are done we need to know how many options we have on the left. Ola Aina is a natural rightfullback so we need a true left footed as understudy to Idowu.

There are still about three players Rohr needs to look at. Awuzie, Touranighoura and Ousman all need to be checked out.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:
Gotti wrote:
That's why I didn't include him, his injury episodes are very worrying... kinda the same situation with Joel Obi.
Roma need to look into their training methods.
This below is a list of their players that have all ruptured their cruciates in the last 18 months.
Unbelievable.

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Otitokoro wrote:Err..., you do know that Kingsley Ehizugbue is a right winger, right?
Ayo Akinfe wrote:We are far from done yet. First of all we need to try out Kingsley Ehizibue . Then when we are done we need to know how many options we have on the left. Ola Aina is a natural rightfullback so we need a true left footed as understudy to Idowu.

He plays rightfullback for his club every week in the Dutch league
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gotti wrote:
Was a muscle strain but he's back in training.....
Edin Dzeko regularly in field after working separately from yesterday's Individual Field Work for Patrik Schick, Bruno Peres and Abdullahi Nura. Therapies of course for the long-standing Rick Karsdorp
https://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a ... po-1040723
.....Friday.