Balogun played terribly yesterday

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Balogun played terribly yesterday

Post by anikulapo »

smartbrother wrote:Those 6 or 7 minutes of jitteriness would have been punished by better opposition
I've always maintained he is the junior partner in the ekong balogun partnership
Ekong is a better defender and a more appropriate choice for captain

What???? :scared:

:rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Truth is that he was playing like someone, playing in a mask for the first time. Aside controling the ball badly, he seemed not to realize what was coming behind him at least twice in the early minutes. I would say its a combination of the mask first, the bumpy field, and the pressure of being captain, in that order.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Mask + Captains band weighed on him, I think this is even his first time playing a real match with that mask. I think he'll be fine as long as he's getting consistent time at his club.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

anikulapo wrote:
smartbrother wrote:Those 6 or 7 minutes of jitteriness would have been punished by better opposition
I've always maintained he is the junior partner in the ekong balogun partnership

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

wale1974 wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

Otitokoro wrote::rotf: :rotf:
This is just so stoopid :rotf: :rotf:
waka-man wrote:
Shownoja wrote:(1) Did you not notice he was wearing a mask?
(2) The mask weighed him down
(3) I'm not even sure it was the real Balogun behind the mask
(4) He is always isolated because he's German
(5) If he wasn't German, he would have played better
(6) His fair skin amplified his mistakes
(7) If he were darker, he would have blended into the environment and his mistakes would not have been easily picked
(8) I know you noticed that he took his mask off in anger, which means you're a good coach
(9) He would probably be better as a wrestler judging by the way he was tackling
(10) You'll be very dishonest if you let this fly over your head.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lol: :lol: :lol:
..Ultra-stupid :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

Na was oh, u guys didn't notice he was very uncomfortable with the mask on? Even not playing well the first couple minutes didn't give it up? Okay, for size let's try this. When there was the fracas you most have notice him taking off his mask. Dude will be fine, u should let me get back his fitness,
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

john12 wrote:How come people criticized so many players yesterday but exonerated the worse outfield player apart from Ezenwa. Balogun was absolutely horrible yesterday. I didn’t know that his very uncomfortable with the ball at his feet. I hope it’s because of that facial mask because we cannot afford such a poor performance from our center back. Chidozie needs to keep working hard who knows the future. Anyway, Balogun can be forgiven for being our best defender at previous matches

Didnt know there was this many ondo state people on this board . Posting after harvesting the state cash crop is not recommended.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"arm band weighed him down!"

"mask weighed him down"

"his ikebe weighed him down"

oh! please! It was a terrible pitch! In a very hostile stadium where his team was whistled! Absolutely nothing out of place that he will be jittery in the first few minutes before he calms down. To put it in perspective:

Balogun
Aina
Ndidi
Etebo
Iheanacho
Iwobi

were all very jittery at the beginning. sheeeeshhhh!!! Dit they all get weighed down by arm bands and masks??

This was a fantastic experience because we need our players to experience more difficulties like this between now and the world cup.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I think it is fair to conclude that Rohr has settled for Balogun and Ekong as his central defensive partnership. He will now have to work in then.

Have you noticed that they seldom have brilliant matches together? One always tends to bail the other out.
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

vancity eagle wrote:He played terribly in the opening 6 or 7 minutes but recovered well and was pretty good after that. Very assured defender.
This is my opinion too
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Balogun was absolutely shocking in the first 15 minutes. He was as steady as a deer caught in headlights. His first touch and distribution were abysmal. He reached Furo Iyenemi and Gbenga Okunowo levels of bad.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wiseone wrote:Balogun was absolutely shocking in the first 15 minutes. He was as steady as a deer caught in headlights. His first touch and distribution were abysmal. He reached Furo Iyenemi and Gbenga Okunowo levels of bad.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Now you are overdoing it, I mean come on, at least he cleared the ball out whenever he got into trouble.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

He was awful in that first 15. Kept mis-controlling the ball, and getting himself into trouble.
maceo4 wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Now you are overdoing it, I mean come on, at least he cleared the ball out whenever he got into trouble.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Jittery, weighed down Blah blah. Let's go by pure facts. We have had Okoronkwo/West, Keshi/Okechukwu, West/Okechukwu, Chukwu/Bamidele, Keshi/ Eboigbe and even pretenders like Iyenimi/West.

No central defense pair in Nigerian history has limited the opposition to a maximum of a goal a game. Last time I checked, we have changed full backs and keepers. Baling and Ejong on statistics are the most effective tandem in Nigerian history, so far.

Let's see if Arentina score two or more. :)
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

nzeogwu wrote:Jittery, weighed down Blah blah. Let's go by pure facts. We have had Okoronkwo/West, Keshi/Okechukwu, West/Okechukwu, Chukwu/Bamidele, Keshi/ Eboigbe and even pretenders like Iyenimi/West.

No central defense pair in Nigerian history has limited the opposition to a maximum of a goal a game. Last time I checked, we have changed full backs and keepers. Baling and Ejong on statistics are the most effective tandem in Nigerian history, so far.

Let's see if Arentina score two or more. :)
Not good to post right after hanging out with 1naija
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Balogun + Ekong are a good central defensive partnership and but what if one of them gets injured?
Agbo Awaziem have not inspired confidence imho
We need to identify new back up central defenders fast
My top preferences would be Fikayo Tomori and Omeruo