Since 1970 Italy has made the world cup final every 12 years

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Since 1970 Italy has made the world cup final every 12 years

Post by Benedict Iroha »

1970 - Losing to Pele and Brazil

1982 - Winning the world cup in Spain.

1994- losing again to Brazil in penalties... Fvk you Baggio

2006 - winning the world cup in penalties against France.

2018 - Dnq?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Since 1970 Italy has made the world cup final every 12 y

Post by marko »

Sweden was so tough at home, this italian team are not that good
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

This Italian team is nowhere as good as previous ones.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:This Italian team is nowhere as good as previous ones.
Remember when Balotelli led their attack along with Cassano ...they reach the Euro final losing to Spain. I believe they were trying to make the punishment of Balotelli ...Balotelli was a player that gave them some swagger ...anyways Italy never cares for black players.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Italy almost always start out slow.

In the 82 WC they did not win any of their group games (against Cameroon, Peru and Poland), but ended up winning it all.

In 1994, they lost to Ireland, we had them on the ropes, but they made it to the finals.

In 2006 they were on the ropes again against Australia in the 2nd round, but pulled it off and won the Cup.

I hope their slow start keeps them at home this time. Let Sweden go. One less big name to ease the Psychological barrier on our match to the Semi Finals, and hopefully the title.
Last edited by truetalk on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Yet, just this morning, on another thread, you named them as one of your favorites to win the World Cup.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=284289

Do you ever look yourself in the mirror and shake your head in disbelief?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

This is what you get when you chose a dinosaur for a coach.

The irony is that Conte's team from the last Euro tournament had much less talent than this one...

Of all the options available, hard to believe the FIGC appointed Ventura, a tired old man who should be collecting pension and an extra payday from being a pundit...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

txj wrote:This is what you get when you chose a dinosaur for a coach.

The irony is that Conte's team from the last Euro tournament had much less talent than this one...

Of all the options available, hard to believe the FIGC appointed Ventura, a tired old man who should be collecting pension and an extra payday from being a pundit...
They considered Ancelotti for the coaching position, I wonder why they opted for Ventura.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

truetalk wrote:Italy almost always start out slow.

In the 82 WC they did not win any of their group games (against Cameroon, Peru and Poland), but ended up winning it all.

In 1994, they lost to Ireland, we had them on the ropes, but they made it to the finals.

In 2006 they were on the ropes again against Australia in the 2nd round, but pulled it off and won the Cup.

I hope their slow start keeps them at home this time. Less Sweden go. One less big name to ease the Psychological barrier on our match to the Semi Finals, and hopefully the title.
KPOM!

I have Argentina, Italy or Germany (you never rule them out) as champions. :thumbs:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Kabalega wrote:

I hope their slow start keeps them at home this time. Less Sweden go. One less big name to ease the Psychological barrier on our match to the Semi Finals, and hopefully the title.
KPOM!

I have Argentina, Italy or Germany (you never rule them out) as champions. :thumbs:
I hope Italy does not qualify. This coach and his sense of entitlement is just annoying.

https://sports.yahoo.com/m/cccd60a1-1be ... y%2C'.html

'We're Italy, we'll qualify,' insists under-pressure boss Ventura
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Kabalega wrote:

KPOM!

Italy will beat them and qualify. I have them down as sixth favourite in my list.

They are a force to be reckoned with and are in my group of dark horses that includes Spain, Argentina and France. If you ask me to bet with my money on who will win though I will call it a two horse race between Germany and Brazil.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

truetalk wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

KPOM!

I hope Italy does not qualify. This coach and his sense of entitlement is just annoying.

I believe you and the translator, misinterpreted his words.

Struggling to qualify, actually takes out any sense of entitlement the Italians might have left.

But you skipped the nugget of the article.
“Individuals playing are irrelevant, it’s about the team and the overall approach,” said Ventura
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

truetalk wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

KPOM!

Bye Bye Italy
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

KPOM!

Italy will beat them and qualify. I have them down as sixth favourite in my list.

They are a force to be reckoned with and are in my group of dark horses that includes Spain, Argentina and France. If you ask me to bet with my money on who will win though I will call it a two horse race between Germany and Brazil.
Dis guy. You know Zilch about football, yet you never stop blowing hot air all over the place.

CIV will beat Morocco.

Italy will beat Sweden

Bla bla bla.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

truetalk wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

KPOM!

Dis guy. You know Zilch about football, yet you never stop blowing hot air all over the place.

CIV will beat Morocco.

Italy will beat Sweden

Bla bla bla.
nah una wey dey pay am attention, the bobo no dey watch ball just dey yarn left and right.. the bobo is nothing but an agricultural science teacher
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

danfo driver wrote:
Yet, just this morning, on another thread, you named them as one of your favorites to win the World Cup.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16