Did anyone notice Spain beat Costa Rica 5-0 yesterday?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Did anyone notice Spain beat Costa Rica 5-0 yesterday?

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Hmmmmm. Spain are getting back to their best. They are not a team to be taken lightly.

Costa Rica are no pushovers but were hammered 5-0. At the moments, the favourites for the World Cup are:
Brazil
Germany
Spain

Outsiders include Italy, France and Argentina. I do not see any new team upsetting the apple cart.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Did anyone notice Spain beat Costa Rica 5-0 yesterday?

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

My friend!! Spain ain't gonna do nuthin... Mark it down.... :oops:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Costa Rica? Really? Lol
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Robbynice wrote:Costa Rica? Really? Lol
Yes. Costa Rica who reached the quarter-final in their last WC. And they were only stopped by the Netherlands on penalties.
An achievement no nigerian team has ever reached so far.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

DAgrin wrote:
Yes. Costa Rica who reached the quarter-final in their last WC. And they were only stopped by the Netherlands on penalties.
Again Costa Rica? Really? This is not Nigeria or another country beating them. This is Spain. It is like being surprised Germany or Brazil beats Costa Rica. Una funny mehn
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

8 posts alone in the fist page of CE, Dem swear for your matter abi na curse we qualify for wc?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Robbynice wrote:
DAgrin wrote:
Again Costa Rica? Really? This is not Nigeria or another country beating them. This is Spain. It is like being surprised Germany or Brazil beats Costa Rica. Una funny mehn
Costa Rica are very hot at the moment. They are one of the main reasons the Yanks will not be in Russia. Very few teams in the world can beat Costa Rica 5-0 at the moment.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

See as Costa Rica hammer US at home for New Jersey. Make I no embarrass our US forumers any further by showing the 4-0 drubbing they got in the first leg.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
DAgrin wrote:
Costa Rica are very hot at the moment. They are one of the main reasons the Yanks will not be in Russia. Very few teams in the world can beat Costa Rica 5-0 at the moment.
Dude the is a reason they are a top team, and the few best team in the game in recent years.
Spain is suppose to hammer them silly so what is your point?
You acting like CR is Argentina or France,
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Hmmmmm. Spain are getting back to their best. They are not a team to be taken lightly.

Costa Rica are no pushovers but were hammered 5-0. At the moments, the favourites for the World Cup are:
Brazil
Germany
Spain

Outsiders include Italy, France and Argentina. I do not see any new team upsetting the apple cart.
Dude give it a rest,Italy is past glory not good enough.They might not even make the world cup yet,Nigeria to me is a better team than this current crop of Italy team.I will be surprise if Italy beat Sweden tomorrow. :
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Hmmmmm. Spain are getting back to their best. They are not a team to be taken lightly.

Brazil
Germany
Spain

Abeg remove Italy from that list,they might not even qualify, not with an attack that has a striker called Immobile....
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Brazil
Germany
Spain

Will that the same Italy that is struggling to qualify? or the Italy you watched 35 years ago? :roll:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Realistically these are the top 10 favourites:

(1) Brazil
(2) Germany
(3) Spain
(4) Argentina
(5) France
(6) Italy
(7) Belgium
(8) Portugal
(9) Uruguay
(10) England
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Realistically these are the top 10 favourites:

(1) Brazil
(2) Germany
(3) Spain
(4) Argentina
(5) France
(6) Italy
(7) Belgium
(8) Portugal
(9) Uruguay
(10) England
Italy will need a miracle to qualify, cause the Sweden that beat them in the first leg will do everything to deny them qualification...but I agree with your list nonetheless, expect a dark horse team from Africa to pull a shocker, won't mention the team :winking:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Tobi17 wrote:

(1) Brazil
(2) Germany
(3) Spain
(4) Argentina
(5) France
(6) Italy
(7) Belgium
(8) Portugal
(9) Uruguay
(10) England
Italy will need a miracle to qualify, cause the Sweden that beat them in the first leg will do everything to deny them qualification...but I agree with your list nonetheless, expect a dark horse team from Africa to pull a shocker, won't mention the team :winking:
Senegal are very good. If Nigeria can find a playmaker and targetman we will be up there too!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:

Brazil
Germany
Spain

Abeg remove Italy from that list,they might not even qualify, not with an attack that has a striker called Immobile....

Presently, Immobile is one of the best strikers in Europe. And I believe his numbers are the best for any striker, right now.

The Problem Italy has is that they went and hired Ventura. The father of 3-3-4 formation abi wetin e like sef. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The man doesnt understand defending and feels that if you score 5 i will score ten. Well, modern day football is different. They made a grave error with him and I said it then, like i did when CIV were moronic enough to hire Wilmots.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tobi17 wrote:

(1) Brazil
(2) Germany
(3) Spain
(4) Argentina
(5) France
(6) Italy
(7) Belgium
(8) Portugal
(9) Uruguay
(10) England

Problem with someone like wAyo, is that he doesnt watch football much. So, he still rates teams from what he saw 35-40 years ago. :lol:
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
DAgrin wrote:
Mr Ayo.
I don' think Costa Rica is hot.
But nevertheless I didn't think I could agree with you.
But you are basically right on this one.
Spain is back ( not just based on this one friendly) and they will be a serious contender for the WC crown.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

danfo driver wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

(1) Brazil
(2) Germany
(3) Spain
(4) Argentina
(5) France
(6) Italy
(7) Belgium
(8) Portugal
(9) Uruguay
(10) England
Problem with someone like wAyo, is that he doesnt watch football much. So, he still rates teams from what he saw 35-40 years ago. :lol:
:rotf: :rotf:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Ayo, we did not notice. It doesn't concern us. If Spain likes, they can beet Costa Rica on the moon.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."